We were at SEB for a week in November 2012. Here are a few of my thoughts on our experience at the resort.
Property - spectacular. The buildings and grounds are understated but elegant and luxurious.
Beach - beautiful water and sand.
Our room - beachfront penthouse - corner suite - awesome!! beautiful view, huge room, bathroom and bar/ closet area that separated the two. very good housekeeping - our room was always immaculate.
Butlers - Imran, Logesh and Deangelo - great guys who served us well!! we are not high needs guests - but whatever we asked for - they delivered with a smile and great attitude.
Golf - the course is EPIC. Both nines are beautiful in their own way - but the back night is jaw-dropping. Especially if its windy!! Very difficult (no room for error) so bring tons of balls!! Once they are off the fairway - pretty much impossible to locate.
Spa - amazing. definitely the best resort massage I've ever had. We were with a group of eight and everyone was pleased with their spa services. Above-average.
Entertainment - the piano bar was really fun - too bad they shut down at 11 pm. - even if everyone is having a great time. Pool / ping-pong etc was fun at the Drunken duck.
Food - at best was AVERAGE. Sometimes mediocre and sometimes OK. With a property of this calibre - the food should be well above average. It wasn't. Very little variety at the buffet for lunch and beakfast. Our dinners at Il Cielo and the French restaurant were ok - but nothing to write home about. barefoot by the Sea was a major disappointment. We went for lunch one day and most of the food was deep fried!! the conch chowder was good.
Restaurants - why are they primarily inside??? French and Italian are indoors and air conditioned beyond belief. I can be cold at home - I go south to be warm.
Restaurant Service - the service was generally poor in the restaurants. The hostess at the buffet for breakfast and lunch was rude 95% of the time. Never smiled - looked completely miserable on the job. It took ages to get cutlery and coffee - sometimes a few asks - sometimes never arrived. Where were the servers?? this happened daily. we had one awesome server at the buffet - her name started with an A (sorry I can't remember) and she was very friendly and responsive.
Our last night at the Italian restaurant was beyond description in terms of poor service. We were a group of 8. We didn't get our drinks together and didn't get our meals together. I'm talking 20 minutes to half an hour apart. We couldn't get refills because there were no servers in sight!! our table was never cleared. We had dishes piled up on the table during the half hour wait between courses. even when we asked for re-fills - they never came. When we finished our main course - the plates were never cleared. We waited almost half an hour for someone to come and ask us if we wanted dessert, coffee or another glass of wine. NO ONE EVER CAME!!!! they left us there with no service and a table full of dishes. We finally got up and left the restaurant.
Unfortunately - i could not recommend this resort because of the food and the service issues. It's too bad because it is one of the most beautiful and elegant resorts we have visited in the Caribbean and other than meal time - we had an awesome vacaton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas