Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort
Club Peace & Plenty(George Town)(Great Value!)
$169
$619
$600
Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas(Long Island)
$255
  • Beachfront
$205
$181
Priceline
  • Pool
Island Time Villas(George Town)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Exuma Palms Hotel(Great Exuma)
No availability for your dates from our partners
St Francis Resort(Stocking Island)
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Lumina Point Resort & Spa(Stocking Island)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
4,337 results
All reviewsdrunken duckfrench restaurantbutler servicequiet poolmain poolil cielopiano barthe pubemerald bayla parisiennecafe de parisbutler suitered lane spaisland routesjeremy muttonocean safariswim up bar
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I went to Emerald Bay last February. This review is a little late in coming but I've been keeping track of the reviews and I wanted to contribute my two cents worth.

First of all loved the short flight from Toronto. We were at the resort and having lunch by 1:00 p.m. We have been very fortunate so far with Sandals we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite with an amazing view over the wedding gazebo to beautiful aquamarine waters. Can't say enough about the beautiful colour of the water truly breathtaking. At the time that we went all the rooms were butler category. We had two butlers Paul and Myron. We loved Myron Paul had an attitude....not sure who wants a butler with an attitude but anyway....we chose Emerald Bay because we are avid golfers. The course is spectacular the views on the back nine unbelievable. We lost alot of balls with the sloping fairways we thought we were in the middle of the fairway and then couldn't find our balls the wind was a major factor. If there are golfers reading this review so you know our level of play my husband is a 7 handicap I'm pretty hit and miss....at the time that we went golf wasn't included so it was fairly expensive I think we spent about $600.00 extra on golf.

The food when we were there was truly hit and miss. We've learned our lesson a resort has to be up and running for a few years before it irons out the kinks especially in a remote area such as Great Exuma. Not alot of choice and the service was terrible!! I understand from reading current reviews that this has been addressed.

Now for the truly horrible part.....we had lunch at barefoot by the sea on our third day the next morning I woke up to legs covered in red dots I had been eaten alive by sand fleas or no-seeums as the locals call them. They were brutal I felt like my legs were on fireI had over 200 bites on my legs my husband who never gets bitten anywhwere had a few. My sister was arriving the following week with friends I told her about what had happenned to me we met at the airport and she nearly died when she saw my legs. She sprayed Off 3 to 4 times a day and stil lhad over 40 bites.

We weren't the only ones but I was embarrassed!!! It took over two months after we got home for the burning itchy feeling to go away. I am sitting here a year and a half later and I still have scars!!

I feel really bad writing this review because we love Sandals we have had amazing times at their resorts!! If there was no bugs we would go back in a minute we are going to Sandals Negril in Feb. and I know we`ll have a good time there.

To end this review Emerald Bay was my 50th birthday trip....my husband brought me a gift by the pool as a surprise...in a tiffany box!!!! that and the wine almost made me forget about the bites for a while....hope this helps......

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mulligan100
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Thanks for making our last night memorable now we have them forever in our photo album.
You got the best personality!! See you next year.
The views are beautiful and the beach is white with clear teal blue water.
Just remember to bring a carrie on, our friends didn't get there bags until late the next day. So make sure you have a bathing suite and a cute Black dress for dress code dinners. There is really no shopping on this ilsland. The staff are so happy and pleasant too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed November 17, 2012

After many months of wedding planning, we were looking for a place to honeymoon where we didn’t have to plan anything! The perfect place is Sandals Emerald Bay, where we stayed for 6 nights in a Butler room in Bay House 5. We are people who like to do things for ourselves, so we weren’t sure how we would like butler service, but for our honeymoon we figured we’d give it a try. While we had two butlers assigned to us, we interacted mostly with Darrion. He made it fun and easy to call him with requests, and he was pro-active about doing thoughtful things for us. He set up a spot for us wherever we wanted (usually the beach or the quiet pool), made all of our dinner and spa reservations, brought us snacks and drinks throughout the day, answered all of our questions and gave us little surprises throughout the week. We would highly recommend butler service, and we decided we won’t go back to Sandals without it!

Room choice: We spent hours going through all of the room options on the Sandals website and were torn between a beachfront villa and a bay house. If we go back to Emerald Bay, we will stay in a bay house again. We didn’t miss being right on the ocean because it was still very close and we could see the ocean from our 3rd floor room.

Food: For the most part, food at the resort is good, but not great (seemed like banquet food). We got exceptional food at the French restaurant (La Parisienne), and we loved the espresso drinks at the coffee shop hand-made from a real espresso machine. We also loved the calamari at Barefoot by the Sea, the fish and chips at The Drunken Duck and the lobster bisque at Il Cielo.

This was our first Sandals experience, and we already have plans to visit our next Sandals location!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is our second time at Sandals. We spent one week at the hotel and were celebrating our 5th year anniversary. No direct flights from my area so we flew a small 30 seater to Exuma from Ft. Lauderdale. The flight itself is not for the faint of heart. Take some pills before you board this baby! Fortunately its a quick flight and you see an amazing view of the ocean. You literally spend 2 minutes at the airport as your baggage is waiting for you and you walk 15 feet and you have seen the entire airport! The hotel ride was a quick 10 minutes and the water looked amazing. The grounds of the Sandals are EXTREMELY luxiours (former four season, what do you expect?). They were doing construction by the pool so one issue was getting cabanas by the pool. Not a problem though because if you dont like the big crowds of people drinking and yelling, there is a quiet pool with cabanas. My only issue was there are only 4 cabanas at the beach, usually the butlers have that reserved in the AM for their guests. I didnt have a butler so i didnt that either day. They have some sand flies on the beach so the women get bitten alive. The hotel does provide bug repellant though. Food was very good. However restaurant options are somewhat limited. The best place is the French and Italian hands down. The water looked amazing however YOU CANNOT SNORKLE BY THE BEACH, you would have to swim out significantly! Waves brought up sand closer to the shore so when you have your snorkle gear on you wont see 2 feet in front of you. Be prepared to swim out 50 feet. Fortunately you can still sand once you go out that far. Didnt see any fish though, that was the strange part! Rooms were amazing, service was great. The piano man was awesome. Be prepared to sing! Golf was great. Bring extra balls you will lose them!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Financier_LLC
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is our 2nd trip to a sandals property. The fisrt one was at the Grande St Lucian. I though that it would be impossible to beat but i was wrong. This resort was amazing in every way. There were a few quirks throught the way but nothing to diminish the overall experience at the resort. The beach is wonderful. We fely like we had a private beach as most people seemed to hang out by the main pool. We stayed in a butlert sute that walksout to the beach and it was amazing to wake up every morning and walk down to the beach uninteruped. The one thing that I found annoying is that there are not any showers to rinse your feet off be the suires so no matter hoe much I triedto get the sand off me feet there was always some being brought in. The food was much better here than at the Grande. Service at the restaurants was wonderful and the entire staff was very helpful. Even though the butlers were a nice touch I am not completely sure if we would use them again. One other thing that could make this resort better is to have a bar open at night by the ocean besides the pub. It would have been nice to have a change of scenery and hear the ocean at night instead of being closed up in a bar.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple