We went to Sandals Emerald Bay for our 15 year anniversary. We have been to the Sandals in Antigua and the former Dunns River one in Jamaica. The beach was amazing. We had a red flag almost every day but had fun playing in the waves. Everyone was very friendly. The food was good, but not great. Since the weather was rainy at least some point of every day the sand fleas were horrible. The off supplied by the resort didn't help. I got so many bites that I had to visit the nurse because the itching was so bad. I didn't want to lay on the beautiful beach or go out at night because I would get more bites. Someone wrote a review before we left and made a comment about it being a project for Hotel Impossible. My husband said the same thing when we got there. In our room the drain in one of the sinks wasn't working, then we had bugs crawling up the walls in the bathroom, the doors that led out to our balcony were dirty between the pYanes so could not see beautiful view unless opened the doors. There were other minor issues but what really floored me was the broken glass in the door to the bar by the buffet and duct tape over it along with the broken cabinet that the liquor was setting on. Those things didn't ruin our vacation but it was surprising for what it costs to stay there that it's not in better shape. It was also difficult to get bottled water which we drink a lot of when in the heat and drinking a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas