We celebrated our thrid wedding anniversary at Emerald Bay. The resort is beautiful. We upgraded to a Villa which opened on to the beach and had buttler service. Anthony and Keisha were amazing. All activities were planned before we came, bar was stocked with what we wanted. We like having cocktail hour at 6pm. Promptly at 6 we'd received a martini a piece with a cheese/fruit tray.
The beach is a great place to go for a early morning run. The ocean, aquamarine, plenty to do with all the water activities provided by the hotel. We thought the food at most restuarants excellent. Our only disagreement was about the Drunken Duck. The food was good; but I felt it feel flat compared to the other restuarants. Dino's pizzaria, outstanding, and I generally don't eat pizza--went there at least 5 times.
The only negative I have is the bugs. We weren't bothered by them at all until Saturday night. It had rained Saturday morning, so maybe that's what brought the bugs out Sat. night. We were playing chess outside and I felt like I was getting bit. We left Sunday to return home and I noticed several bites on my arms. By the time we landed in Atlanta, the bites had spread to my legs. Monday I ended up in my dermatologist's office and am still taking medication for what is known as the "no-see-um" bug bites. Somewhat of a pain; but overall we really enjoyed the vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Unique Vacations Inc, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas