We went at Sandals Emerald Bay last April. The beach is beautiful and facilities are exceptional. Unfortunately, on the first night we stayed at the last unit on the right when we enter the site... And it bears the heavy stench of sewer and its view is less than acceptable. Management was nice enough to transfer us to another better unit. Butlers, servers and desk officers were really nice. People in charge of nautical activities always seemed annoyed when were approached for reservations and were rarely smiling.
Finally, I must say that I was really looking forward for my first stay at a Sandals Resort and unfortunately my (and those of our friends) expectations were not at all met due to the weak quality and variety of food offered, especially at the buffet. I might be rough, but I (we) believed that the food was equivalent to the food served in an average resort in Cuba. The only exception being the magnificent deserts and coffee served at Cafe de Paris. For visitors sake we hope that the "chef patissier" will be promoted as Chef!
Will we come back? I don't believe so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Unique Vacations Inc, Booking.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas