Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Exuma Palms Hotel(Great Exuma)
  • Pool
Island Time Villas(George Town)
View Hotel
Club Peace & Plenty(George Town)
View Hotel
St Francis Resort(Stocking Island)
  • Beachfront
Lumina Point Resort & Spa(Stocking Island)
  • Breakfast included
Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas(Long Island)
  • Pool
4,273 results
All reviewsdrunken duckfrench restaurantbutler servicequiet poolmain poolil cielopiano barthe pubemerald bayla parisiennecafe de parisbutler suitered lane spaisland routesjeremy muttonocean safariswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We have just returned home from our second visit to Sandal Emerald Bay, and again it was nothing short of amazing. The property is even more beautiful this year than last and the ocean was calm and incredible for the first half of our visit, it enabled us to enjoy the water sports and the beach.

The restaurants have improved so much, all of our meals were incredible, especially the surf and turf at Barefoot by the Sea, we had it twice and both times amazing. Our room, the same as last year, by our request was clean and extremely comfortable, we enjoyed our evenings on the deck taking in all the scenery and just relaxing.

Now for the very best part, our butler Michael was truly wonderful, he is in our mind Sandals and all they say they are. He was so attentive and on top of things he knew what we wanted even before we did. He was continually surprising us with outstanding service and spoiling us beyond belief. The beautiful decorations in our room with all the wonderful flowers, all the tubs that were run for me, our fun tour of the back nine, our pool chairs always set up and bringing us the best shrimp and lemonade in the Bahamas. Thank you Michael you made our vacation truly memorable, we miss you.

Thank you to Beverly for the arranging of our Vow Renewal, you did a great job of making us feel special, the flowers, cake and the beach were all just perfect. We love the photo's that we have as memories.

Kerry, the pub manager is an incredible bundle of energy that takes the time to talk to all guests and is so fun to be around, she treated us like old friends, thanks so much and we miss you "beary much".. haha

Thank you to the management team for helping us avoid the fogging machines, due to my allergy, they really cared that we be aware and even went so far as to not fog close to our room, for this we are very grateful. Thank you.

So once again we have only great things to say about our vacation with Sandals at Emerald Bay, thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were originally supposed to be staying and getting Married at The Royal Bahamian in Nassau, so you can imagine my horror when 4 days before we departed we were told that the resort was shut and we were now going to Emerald Bay. However after a overnight stay in on Paradise Island in the Rui Palace (this is no way a 5 star hotel), we flew out to Great Exuma. When we arrived at Emerald bay (no cold towel or champange on arrival as we were told we would get) our room was like a small apartment. All our wedding details had been sorted and a massive thank you to Beverley, Anne and the wedding team for making our wedding so special!!! also thankyou Reenae for doing my nails and my birthday pressie and Tamara for my hair and make-up,the staff at this resort and some of these we brought in from the Royal Bahamian couldn't have been more helpful. I would have given this resort excellant but the only thing missing is a couple of more restaraunts.

3  Thank Tfair_11
Reviewed October 6, 2011

25th anniversary trip for us so I was concerned about the age thing. Was told this was the "quietest" of all their resorts. And there were older couples there and it was not party party all the time. The grounds are lovely, the staff awesome (a few hold outs but not a big deal) our room was huge and loved the pillows & bedding and the bed was really comfy! Very clean. Staff very friendly. The food was very good with one exception.....Mexican night. For us, it is all about the gorgeous water and beautiful beaches and these were awesome. Snorkeling was just pretty good. Tours expensive. Spa services left a bit to be desired. The Junkanoo festival was fun. The special party on the golf course with it's gorgeous views was lovely and we really enjoyed it. Satar, Keetel, Myron, Cleve were just some of the staff that made us feel really welcome. We rented a car for one day and it was fun exploring Georgetown and environs. Took the water taxi over to Stocking Island and the island is lovely. The skipper of the water taxi is friendly and will help with finding a snorkel spot. Skip the attitude at the beach bar Chat n Chill and the six year old who wants money for having his pix taken. Yikes! This was the only unpleasant human interaction we encountered.

Room Tip: For us it was all about the view. If that isn't important to you then any of the rooms are very nice.
3  Thank DragonladyGiverny
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Here is my review for Emerald Bay staying Sept. 5 to September 12. After reading the mixed reviews about this resort, I am wondering if people went to the same place or they are just complainers, Remember, no vacation is perfect. I came with not a high expectation from the reviews which was good because I was extremely satisfied overall.

Weather: Beautiful and very hot every day. I am a beach lover so it was perfect. I don't know if it was beginning of September or it was unusually hot.

Beach/Pool: The beach was beautiful and never crowded. You better reserve your chair by 9:00 because it does fill up fast. The beach (I will admit) is second to Turks & Caicos but it is still beautiful. There was enough of beach to take nice long walks. I am not a pool person but the main pool was absolutely gorgeous and had a variety of seating arrangements to choose from. The drinks at the bar were fine. The music during the day was excellent. It seemed like they had enough of the pool activities that every resort has.

Room: We were in the Emerald Bay Penthouse Suite. Not your typical Sandals signature room but it was okay. The room has a lot to be desired as to decoration. Granted it was a Four Seasons resort so the decor was much different. I really just love the usual Sandals touch (like the rooms in the Italian Village at Turks & Caicos and the Mediterrean building in Antigua). Very nice balcony. The bed was comfortable. Bathroom nice but again not as pretty as the normal Sandals deluxe categories. Next time I will book in the Colossal Beachfront. It is a little larger with a nicer set-up. It is worth the extra money. If you are not really a beach person, the other rooms are just fine. They all look similar.

Food: The food was very good. We ate breakfast in the Italian Restaurant every morning. It was delicious. Even dinner was very good. We ate at the French restaurant one night and it was fine. The lunch at Barefoot is the best. Dinner is pretty good but the bugs are biting (LOL). The Monday night barbeque had a lot to be desired. I was disappointed with that. On Fridays, however, they have a Junkanoo evening with a Bahamian buffet. The food is the best. The only thing that night was so humid. There are local craftsman selling items which are beautiful and priced right. The resort needs a little more light for them so you can see the items. The only thing is that they take only cash. I could have spent an easy $300 if I wanted to. Very very pretty stuff.

We went to the returning guests dinner which was very nice. It kinda of makes you mingle more (which I am a little sky about) but we had a real nice time.

The staff does a fine job. The waiters/waitresses are so pleasant. The pool bar is a little understaffed so that is the problem when people say they are slow.

The resort is clean and well manicured. It had a nice range of guests (from honeymooners to 40 years of marriage). Very nice reserved clientele.

Evening entertainment was your normal agenda. I am sure in time it will get better. I am a casino person so I really missed that activity. I wish Sandals would run a night junket over to the Atlantis in the Bahamas or a day excursion to Nassau where the shopping is better. That would give a little excitement.

We had butler service which was fine. If there is one thing you should let them do is unpack for you. They put everything away like is it is a store

The resort has complimentary diving every day in the morning and complimentary snorkeling in the afternoon. That is a big plus. As to excursions, there really is not much to do. Don't do the island tour. Waste of time. I feel Sandals' excursions are a bit pricey.

I definitely will return to Emerald Bay. When I get a little silly money, I will book the Royal Suite. Now that room is beautiful!

4  Thank alsummers2355
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This should be the place for an idyllic holiday. Beautiful grounds, fantastic location, lovely staff who just can't do enough for you....However, it just doesn't come together here. Our experiences seem to be shared by many others. The guests who were not in Butler service rooms seem to fare even worse. We had to chase and follow up on every little detail. I am here at the moment and despite providing my departure details before I arrived, confirming them twice while I was here - even asking the reception staff to reconfirm with the airline - when we received our transfer details they were totally wrong and they had no idea what flight we were on.

One really annoying thing is despite what button you press on your in-room 'phone somebody answeres "room service" funny for a while - annoying when you call in the middle of the night because your husband is taken really ill and you require urgent medical attention.

This experience has made us very wary about choosing a Sandals vacation in the future. We would love to recommend this place because the staff mean well and try to do their best. Their best is not enough when everything else contradicts.

2  Thank JaquiSampson