“Fantastic Tour of the Exuma Cays!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coastline Adventures Exuma

Coastline Adventures Exuma
Ranked #3 of 25 Tours in Great Exuma
More attraction details
Owner description: It is our pleasure to take you on your unforgettable full day or half day tour. Snorkel the world renown 007 Thunder Ball Grotto, Sample our mouth watering freshly made conch salad, caught while on tour, play with sharks, swim with the pigs, feed the iguanas. A full fun day awaits you. Nothing but fun times with Coastline Adventures
Cambridge, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour of the Exuma Cays!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you are coming to Exuma and don't have your own boat to explore the cays, Bob Smith offers a great full-day excursion. You visit the Thunderball Grotto where you can snorkel for about 20 minutes, and you get to visit islands with iguanas and swimming pigs. He also keeps delicious rum punch on board that's included in the price. His boat fits up to ~13 people but he won't go unless he has at least 8-9 people. There are some larger tours in Exuma that take 30-40 people on a boat, but we found the size of this tour perfect. The boat was comfortable and the trip was calm. You can call Bob ahead of time to find out what days he is running a tour. Another reviewer mentioned the choppy ocean - I can imagine this would be an issue, but the tour itself is fantastic, so just make sure you go when the winds/seas are relatively calm. We paid $160 per person (plus a $10pp landing fee) and thought it was well worth the trip. One of the most fun things we did in Exuma.

Dallas, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“A full day of fun and excitement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I am usually not a 'tour' person, preferring to explore on my own, but our day with Bob and Lizzy turned me around. Relaxing and exciting, this was simply a great day. My only reservation is the 'docking fee' at the nurse sharks was not disclosed and a little off-putting. I think this extra $10 per person cost should either be disclosed or included in the tour price and not come as a surprise. Otherwise, the outing was fantastic, and my favorites were the pigs and the iguanas.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“The Full Exuma Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Rather than rewrite what everyone else has written, I will focus on the key items a future traveler would need to know. Be prepared for a very full day and pack lots of sunscreen. Make sure you bring cash to pay for the trip and an additional $10 per reason docking fee and money for lunch. My recommendation would be to skip the lunch since the conch salad that Bob makes will fill you up. Of the many sights, Thunderball Grotto is by far the best. This spectacular cave has amazing fish and can done even by a first time snorkeler. Swimming with sharks and pigs is cool as well, and feeding iguanas was fun as well. The scenery is truly remarkable and will help you understand why the rich and famous hang out here. Bob is cordial and shared lots of local history. Keep in mind that lots of time is spent on the boat. If you are looking for a unique experience this is your trip.

Elk Grove, California, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Wonderful to do everything, but boat ride a nightmare!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This trip has been reviewd countless times and the trip itself is wonderful! Everyone gives it 5 stars. I too give it 5 stars, but when adding in the boat ride it drops down to 3 stars. I will admit that swimming with the pigs and the sharks and seeing the Iguanas and sitting on a sandbar, and handling starfish and conch is a thrill! I loved it! but BEWARE! the boat trip up is long long, some 40 miles, and we were not lucky to have calm sees. The boat ride can beat you up, seriously. The winds and chop were so bad on the western side, that our tour guide, Bob, elected to go out on the Atlantic side (with the big swells)...something he said was not recommended...so that will tell you about the winds on the west side.....Bob was great. I just dont think he was prepared for the winds we encountered. He even commented that " I didn't think it would be this bad". He shouldve done more homework. Horrible on the boat.

Carvel
“Best day on Exuma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a super day with BobWe went on a calm day Bob was interesting, the day was never boring and all the places he took us to were fun and interesting .You see a different view of the Exumas then you ever do on land If you visit the Exumas make sure you do this trip .It was the best day ever and worth every dollar !