“Beautiful Spot for Dinner”
Review of The Palapa Grill

The Palapa Grill
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Great Exuma
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Celebrate the bold flavors and traditions of the Bahamas poolside at The Palapa Grill where fresh, local seafood is complemented by the ocean air and tropical outdoor setting. From Caribbean jerk-style seafood to Bahamian barbeque, we offer a real taste of the islands for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are required for dinner.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a good, high end restaurant, worth the trip (and it is a ways out of Georgetown). On the other hand, if you are at Sandals, or on this part of Exuma, it should not be missed. The food is good, and the view is spectacular. It was the site of the Bahamas section of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition for 2013.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the grand isle hotel in may of 2012, and we cannot WAIT to go back!! The service at the palapa grill was wonderful, with very friendly staff...we often ordered room service from there as well, and our food always arrived quickly and very beautifully presented in clear containers...not to mention the taste of the food was to die for. I reccommend everything on the menu as I have tried all of it...the Brazilian spiny tailed lobster was divine, the grouper was delicious, the crab cakes were perfection...for lunch, you have to try the BBQ chicken sandwich...best I've ever had!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I ate dinner here twice during our most recent visit. The food was much better than I remember on previous trips! We also were very pleased with the options available for our kids. Granted, we were staying onsite at Grand Isle, so it was certainly convenient after coming back from boating, etc. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone whether staying onsite or not!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at the resort and ate dinner here a couple of days and at lunch here on 4 days. I liked the lunch food and menu better than the dinner food and menu. Service was good just wish the food was better. Wish they'd have a little bit more spice on the food as I found it somewhat bland and no real exciting items that jumped out at me.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our family went to dinner at Palapa and we thought the resort was really nice but the food just OK. For ou main course we had the Kobe Burger, the Bacon Bleu pizza and the creamy pesto spaghetti. For dessert we shared the pecan pie and some raspberry sorbet. My husband and I each had a glass of wine each andnour daughter took a shirley temple. Nothing was bad but nothing was great either. It ended up costing almost $150 so we don't feel the value is there. Unless you want to eat in a more american setting, we would not recommend this place.