“4C's - One of the Best Parts of My Exuma Vacation!!! A "Must Do"!!!”
Review of Exuma Water Tours

Exuma Water Tours
Ranked #4 of 27 Tours in Great Exuma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at Sandals Emerald Bay back in December of 2012. While we were there everyone kept saying that we needed to do the "007 Tour" - It boasted swimming with pigs (no, that is not a typo), along with snorkeling and beachcombing. Well, we were referred to 4C's Adventure Tours by a staff member of Sandals and I have to tell you, that tour ended up being the highlight of our vacation (at a fraction of the cost that Sandals was offering it for)!! Captain Andrew and Smiley were amazing! We spent the entire day with them on 12-12-12 and I couldn't think of a better way to remember this special day to mark in history! Captain Andrew took us all around the Exuma Cays (which are breathtaking!) You can really appreciate the beauty of these islands and the water is like no other in the world. Having traveled to Hawaii, Belize, Mexico (just to name a few), I never thought the water in the Bahamas would impress me - I was wrong! Exuma by far has the most beautiful water on this planet, period. Okay, back to the tour (I apologize for skipping all around. I have so many things to share!!) Andrew showed us starfish, Copperfield's Island and cave, Faith and Tim's house and even an underwater plane wreck. We went snorkeling in a grotto and had lunch at the coolest little local bar/restaurant on Staniel Cay (I felt like I was in a little fishing village somewhere in Old Key West!!) The people were incredibly nice, the food was delish and again with Andrew and Smiley as our hosts, we really couldn't go wrong! We swam with the pigs (at exactly 12:12pm on 12-12-12), we swam with the sharks, fed iguanas and went to the most breathtaking sandbar and beachcombed for sand dollars! I could go on for hours about just the sand itself, but I won't. I will tell you that it felt like you were walking on a memory foam mattress...it was the Softest. Sand. Ever. On our way back we danced and jammed out to some D-Mac music and I officially learned how to "Mash the Roach"! I learned right there on the front of the boat, Captain Andrew led the way! Not only is he a great Captian, but he's got some smooth dancing moves too! Since we've been home, my fiance and I are still listening to our D-Mac music - it brings back such great memories! I HIGHLY recommend to anyone traveling to the Exuma's to check out this tour - you won't be sorry. This vacation stayed with me for so long once I returned to the states. I've heard over and over about people just "falling in love" with a place. Well, I can tell you that I fell hook, line and sinker for Exuma. My fiance and I are already planning our next trip back and I will absolutely book the 4C's tour and go Mash the Roach again with my favorite Captain, Andrew!! I would definitely bring a light jacket if you get chilly easily for on the way back. I didn't have one, and I was fine, but it can't hurt to bring it just in case (and don't forget your sunscreen!) Have fun and if you go tell Captain Andrew that some of his crew from 12-12-12 sent you!!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Then this is the trip for you!

For $160:

- picked up at 8am on a group school bus with a few other lovely couples
- 8 hours out on the water, with 5 hours before they let you get close to food....
- no food or snacks provided (only a few bottles or water a dehydrating colas)
- super cramped boat
- some interesting commentary from the nice captain and Smiley
- no shelter from the relentless freezing winds during multi hour long commutes
- some kind of rip off tactic for an extra $10 per person to swim with nurse sharks at a different location while Staniel Yacht Club was loaded with them.. OH - dont forget the $25 burgers when you've been starved for over 5 hours.... Almost tempting!

Overall, it was the ridiculously freezing sensation that chills you to the bone, the lack of food and some sketchy tactics that would never make me choose this service again.

Compared to the giant catamaran tour in the Cayman Islands, this was not worth the torture and couldn't wait to get off the boat, unfortunately! The only thing I would alternately recommend is a half day tour if you want to get out on the water.

3  Thank TrevRevCanada
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We booked the all day trip with 4 C's Captain Andrew and Smiley. Right from the beginning of the trip it was well worth the money. Smiley picked us up at our rental house right on time, We saw many of the private islands, held a starfish, swam with pigs, and sharks. The highlights were the sandbar and of course snorkeling at Thunderball Grotto. We had a great day. Here's a tip; Pack a cooler with adult beverages if you want them, but water and soft drinks are provided.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Captain Andrew and mate Smiley gave us a grand tour of the Exuma Cays. Thoroughly enjoyable and worth every penny. Captain Andrew made us feel like we were on a family outing with him. He gave us descriptions and history of the area. He pointed out celebrities' island homes. We snorkeled in the grotto where Thunder Ball was filmed. Beautiful fish all around us. Just magnificent. We stopped by an island and swam with wild pigs. The pigs were friendly! Lunch at Staniel Cays was very enjoyably. Sharks and rays could be seen cruising next to the dock. At an other stop, we had the opportunity to swim with sharks, I passed on that one!!.
Exuma Water Tours, run by 4C's, was fantastic. Thanks' Captain Andrew' for helping to make this a vacation of a lifetime!
John and Carol

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We waited until the second to last day of our trip to make reservations with 4 C's because of weather (it had been chilly and quite windy). My husband was really hesitant about the tour but he gave in :) He later told me how glad he was that we took the trip with 4 C's.
They picked us up from Sandal's at 8 am and hopped in their bus. Took us about 40 minutes to get to their office where we made our payment for the trip. After that, they took us to the dock and we got on the boat. Captain Andrew and 'Smiley' where the guys onboard with us. I honestly can say they were very nice and very professional. We were laughing a lot throughout our tour. They do bring water and sodas for everyone to have.
The only reason I am giving it 4.5 and not 5 are for the following:
- For personal reasons.... I don't really care much about "so and so owns this island"...I am originally from Miami and I guess that's more of a normal thing for me to see.... although my husband thought it was really cool (he's from Alaska, lol).
- I felt that we didn't get to spend much time snorkeling at the grotto. I wish I was able to snorkel a bit longer so I could explore a little more.

Besides that, the experience was fantastic. We stopped and ate at a really cool place with GORGEOUS waters and awesome boats. Our favorite spot was the sandbar.... I didn't want to leave! :)

Tips:
-Bring cash for food (although they do accept credit cards at their main office)
-Bring SUNBLOCK!
-Try to bring your own snorkel gear (not that theirs sucks, its always nice to bring your own)
-Do the full day tour!
-Bring an late morning snack to get you through the day before you go to lunch

3  Thank valhart7