“All you need”

Ranked #20 of 48 Restaurants in Great Exuma
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014

They make sure guests get all they need. Very helpful. Specially the manager, John, who took some time to show us the best of the island.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The staff and manager are very friendly. The food is good and the bartenders- Glenn and Al mix a real mean drink.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

INTRO - I was finishing my last night in Georgetown, Exuma and was in dire need of fried shrimp before heading back to the states. Having already tried the local Fish Fry, Augusta Bay was recommended by my hotel. I was a bit hesitant given the average reviews and the few negative comments.

PRO
-On arrival, I was greeted by an enthusiastic hostess. Upon glancing at the menu and finding out that they only had grilled shrimp over rice, she was happy to ask the chef if he would oblige my insane request for fried shrimp. The chef was glad to change up the menu on my behalf and I was happy to be seated. Various patrons at the front desk attested highly to the cuisine and service.
-Service - Superb. The hostess was accommodating and the waiter was extremely attentative.
-Food - Above-average. The fried shrimp hit the spot. I was more surprised at the succulent vegetables (carrots and asparagus). The dessert was peach turnover with complimentary strawberry ice cream
-Location - extremely safe. The restaurant is part of a high end resort. There are glass doors affording an ocean/pool view. The restaurant itself is clean with good lighting and polite staff.

CON
-Few negatives. The price is clearly above average (by about $5-7 of what one would expect in the states). However, it is appropriate and comparable to the other restaurants in the Exuma area.

OVERALL
-Highly recommend. It is an above-average restaurant in an area that has few selections. If you have no car for transportation, it may be difficult to get here. In summary, disregard the overly negative reviews. The ambience and service at this establishment make it well worth the trip (and marginally high price).

2  Thank scalpelx1
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Try the shrimp as we liked it so much we had it two nights in a row and would have had it three nights but thought we should at least try other things. No complaints.

1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed February 25, 2014

very nice atmosphere and delicious drinks by the bartender. We had dinner once but traveled to other spots. Need more variety on menu.

1  Thank Anna W