“Everything about this place is amazing!”

Santanna's Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Great Exuma
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a tasty Bahamian cuisine serving you fresh seafood daily! For our non seafood lover's we also serve delicious steak and chicken grilled or fried to your likings. We are opened EVERYDAY except Sunday's and we are ready to serve you! If your interested in visiting us at dinner feel free to call and place your reservations and for anything special you may want.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

How many times can I say amazing in one sentence? This place is the essence of the Bahamas. First, the food is unreal! I had the buttery yummy lobster and I find myself craving some now that I've come home. It comes with a side of rice, corn and coleslaw and it is delicious. The service is super fast and they also offer chicken, fish and conch. One of my friends is vegetarian and she just ordered the rice, corn and salad. I could go on about how delicious the food is but I'll spare you. Also, if you order an alcoholic drink be warned they make it VERY strong! The atmosphere is very friendly and laid back with an authentic island feel. Dee (the chef) makes you feel like you're just a family member having dinner at her house. The location backs up onto a beach and like the rest of the island it is beautiful. If you're going to Exuma you'd be crazy not to visit Dee!!!

2  Thank Wanderlust992
Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

997 - 1,001 of 1,413 reviews

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Everything is fresh. They do an awesome job. Denise will make recommendations based on what Edgar, her husband, has provided her with from the sea.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were a group of 8 who drove in from February Pt to have lunch and we were not disappointed. Visitors to the Exumas need to visit Dee Rolle and Santana's. Being a large group, we ordered pretty much the run of the menu... lobster, grouper, shrimp, etc. Nobody was disappointed. Coming here though is about much more than just the food. Dee is an absolute gem of a lady. Her Mom runs Mom's Bakery next door and they have killer rum cakes. A few steps away is her sister's place and we took home 60pcs of Conch Fritters for $20. Yumm! Great food, friendly people, incredible views. You can get a good meal anywhere but this is truly a must-do experience in the Bahamas and the Exumas.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you're on Great Exuma and you have a car, you really need to go here. They do something special with lobster and serve it up in about five minutes time. The grouper is great, too. Really, you have to try this place. Nothing at all close to fancy - it's outdoors and they light some sterno cans to help hold the flies at bay. The lobster may be the best I've ever had. The sides of corn, rice and slaw were perfect. Go next-door to Mom's Bakery. Santanna's is about 30 minutes south of George Town and worth every mile it takes to get there.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Drove nearly an hour to this little outdoor tiki bar. They were about to close when we showed up but we begged to get food before they shut down. The lobster was amazing. You get TWO lobster tails plus 3 sides. It's a steal and some of the best I've had.