“Very nice tour in exuma”

Starfish The Exuma Adventure Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Starfish Adventures is the ultimate source for fun and adventure. Tour options include our very popular PRIVATE CHARTERS, 1/2 Day SNORKEL tours, KAYAKING or SUP board paddle tours to Moriah Cay National Park, 1/2 and Full Day REEF or OFF SHORE FISHING CHARTERS, CASTAWAY GETAWAY or LAND TOURS. We specialize in customizing tours for individual parties needs. Enjoy island hopping, large sandbar, amazing snorkeling, shelling, paddling remote mangroves, beautiful secluded cays/beaches, viewing and learning history of our breathtaking island can all be a part of your unforgettable experience with Starfish. We also RENT Water sports gear including Kayaks, Angler Kayak, Stand Up Paddle boards, and 16 foot glass bottoms boats.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Starfish was strongly recommended by the owner of the house we rented in Hartswell. We took a 4 hours private tour with Lindsay and Neville. They are very nice people. We saw dolphins, stingrays, corail reefs (snorkling) , never ending sand bars and went to Chat'N Chill for a burger !!!. A very enjoyable tour. A must do in Exuma !!!

2  Thank Martin M

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Starfish is the way to go for Exuma rentals and fishing trips. The kayaks were delivered to our rental home and everything was smooth and easy. As for Neville - he was a blast and we thoroughly enjoyed our fishing trip.

2  Thank Barb6650
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Several months before we came to Exuma, we began planning our daily excursions. After sifting through all of the options, we contacted Lyndsay and Neville at Starfish, among a few others. We were thoroughly impressed with the how cordial Lyndsay was. She was also VERY informative and helpful in planning our day-to-day adventures. We chose to do two separate land tours, one east and one west, and also a 1/2 day charter in Elizabeth Harbor.
My wife and I have three kids, 17, 14, and 5. Prior to our arrival, Lyndsay set up a van rental for both days of the land tours and picked the van up on the way to get us at the Grand Isle Resort. She also set us up with Coastline Adventures for our full day Staniel Cay tour on our first full day in Exuma.

The second full day we were in Exuma, we did the "west land tour". We ventured out to Coco Plum beach, a beautiful, secluded beach, void of any people and thoroughly relaxing. There was a small sand bar that stretched off the shore a little ways down the beach. All along the beach there were sand dollars everywhere, both dead and alive (brown = alive, white = dead aka free souvenirs). After that, we stopped off at Shoreline Beach Club for some lunch, a small place with a sizable beach area, hammocks, kayaks and more. The food was good and Violet and Kevin were very friendly. After lunch we ventured over to Pompey's statue and the Steventon Jailhouse. Very neat history behind both.

Our third day in Exuma, we took a 1/2 day charter with Lyndsay and Neville out in Elizabeth Harbor on the Boston Whaler. We ventured over to the most beautiful sand bar we've ever stepped foot on near Man O War Cay. The seemingly endless sand bar was full of life, starfish, sand dollars, and many other weird and unusual sand and sea creatures. If it were possible to build a little shack and live there, I would do it in a heartbeat. Once we finally had to leave the sand bar, we did some snorkeling at the Fowl Cay reef, a vast reef with plenty of sea life and a natural current that allowed you to float around the reef without expending much energy. I forgot to bring my 5 year old daughter's puddle jumper on this boat trip, so Lyndsay volunteered to hang out with her at a tiny beach right around the corner from the reef. (THANKS LYNDSAY!!) We then stopped off at the Mystery Cove in Hurricane Hole for a little snorkeling. That was the special treat of the day - a pair of wild dolphins swam right up to us while we were snorkeling and we were able to snap some awesome underwater pics! We ate at Chat N Chill where the food was good and very affordable. There were Stingrays to feed right off the beach there as well.

The fifth day, we took the "east land tour". Our first stop was at the local straw market for some shopping. We got all the gifts and collectibles we wanted here in one spot. Very friendly locals. We stopped off at Forbes Hill Beach which was full of rocks and cliffs to climb and to see the ocean waves crashing along the walls and up on a small secluded beach. Lots of good pictures taken here. Then we went to the Rolle Town Tombs which was really neat. Then it was off to Williams Town to see the Salt Beacon and the abandoned red salt ponds. It was fun learning the history behind all of these landmarks and Lyndsay has a wealth of knowledge to share about them. Then we stopped for lunch at the famous Santanna's Grill Pit. Dee and her crew were very busy that day, but had no problem getting us taken care of. They had some freshly harvested sea salt from the salt ponds available to buy. I use that with my meals here at home and it's excellent. Delicious lunch at Santanna's. Mama's bakery next door served up some excellent bread too. Then we set out for the Tropic of Cancer beach, which is probably the most beautiful beach I have ever stepped foot on. The soft sand and pristine waters made for wonderful photo ops and lots of fish swimming around us. We didn't want to leave this place. There were only a few people there, but endless beach to share.

Our three trips with Lyndsay and Neville were amazing and we couldn't have asked for better guides. I highly recommend booking with Starfish, you won't regret it!

5  Thank AustinLada
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I did the kayaking trip to Moriah Cay with a friend-- this was probably the best day of our trip. Starfish is a solid operation. Lyndsay replied in a very timely fashion to all my questions over email, and it was easy to make arrangements. She was thorough in her replies and I never had to wait more than a business day to get a response. Neville took us out and was awesome. He is very easy going, has a nice personality and took us to such a gorgeous spot. We really enjoyed ourselves. I highly recommend Starfish!!!

1  Thank ArianaNYC