Because I have never been to the island of Exuma, I was hesitant to rent this holiday home.
You just can’t tell from photos. After numerous of calls and discussions with Sue (the owner), we took the plunge. We stayed in the yellow cottage “the yellow elder”, It was exactly as it appeared in the photos. What the owner did not tell us was that there was coffee, tea, milk and other breakfast beverages which was a pleasant surprise. The kitchen was well equipped and the hair dryer in the bath room came in handy. This place is a little bigger than what I expected in a cottage. It is well kept. We had a chance to meet with people from Italy who were also staying at the cottages. We did not talk much (I don’t speak Italian and their English was not very good either) they appeared to be enjoying themselves. The beach which is just across the road is unbelievable. What was even more surprising about the beach is that it is hidden and the times that we went there, we were the only ones on the beach! I travel a lot and I am always looking for deals and this was a hidden treasure. I do hope that they keep it this way. I highly recommend Hoppers Bay Cottages.
The owner was very accommodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma are authentic self-service Bahamian cottages. You will get a true Out-Island experience. You visit Exuma because you want to get away from the noise and crowded beaches. Coming to Exuma for the Disney effect is like going to Vegas for culture and studying the desert ecosystem. Exuma is rustic and pristine. There are no high-risers, traffic lights or fast food restaurants. What you will find is a quiet place to slow down, and reconnect with your inner self. Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma is the perfect place to relax after a day of biking, snorkeling, kayaking or relaxing on one of the nearby beaches. Recreation equipment is provided. You can take the kayaks and explore Hoopers Bay beach or your can explore the Mangroves to the south of the property. Some of our guests go bird watching (binoculars are provided). Each Exuma Cottage has 2 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms – one bedroom with a Queen bed and the other with two Twin Beds, great for families or couples. Kitchens are fully equipped and there are outdoor showers for rinsing off the sand, upon your return from the beach. You can enjoy the evening breezes on the front or back porches, grill your catch or just hang out with your neighbors. The property is centrally located and within walking distance to a well stocked food store and liquor store. There are nearby restaurants and downtown is only 5+ minutes away by car. This is a warm and welcoming community, the people are friendly and there is staff on hand to answer your questions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma Hotel Great Exuma
- Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma Great Exuma, Bahamas