What can I say, I just read the review from the people who stayed 3 days prior to our visit...I did not find this to be true. Grant it the cottages are not the Grand isles or Sandals. But, the cost per nights stay is apples to oranges.. The cottage was exactly what my husband and I were expecting. We wanted more of the island experience, REMEMBER the island is very undeveloped and yes the roads may hold some water after a rain......With that being said, my husband and I just returned from Exuma. We stayed in the yellow elder. July 15-22 2012. I had done alot of reseach on different accomodations and beaches on the island prior to booking. We were looking for something clean and cozy and centerally located, but the main thing we were looking for was a beautiful secluded beach, and that is exactly what we got. The beach was directly across the street and the photos do NOT do this beach justice. We explored the island and found our beach to be one of the very best!!!! Love, Love, Love, Hoopers Bay beach. The convenience of the cottage to Smitty's, one of the grocery/liquor store was really nice, we road the bikes to the store at least once a day. The cottages were very well stocked with everything you would need to prepare meals if you wanted, and we found this was very nice to help cut down on some food cost. We really enjoyed our stay with Hoopers Bay Villas and we will definitely be returning..
Bert and Pam Gunnell -Georgetown, KY.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma are authentic self-service Bahamian cottages. You will get a true Out-Island experience. You visit Exuma because you want to get away from the noise and crowded beaches. Coming to Exuma for the Disney effect is like going to Vegas for culture and studying the desert ecosystem. Exuma is rustic and pristine. There are no high-risers, traffic lights or fast food restaurants. What you will find is a quiet place to slow down, and reconnect with your inner self. Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma is the perfect place to relax after a day of biking, snorkeling, kayaking or relaxing on one of the nearby beaches. Recreation equipment is provided. You can take the kayaks and explore Hoopers Bay beach or your can explore the Mangroves to the south of the property. Some of our guests go bird watching (binoculars are provided). Each Exuma Cottage has 2 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms – one bedroom with a Queen bed and the other with two Twin Beds, great for families or couples. Kitchens are fully equipped and there are outdoor showers for rinsing off the sand, upon your return from the beach. You can enjoy the evening breezes on the front or back porches, grill your catch or just hang out with your neighbors. The property is centrally located and within walking distance to a well stocked food store and liquor store. There are nearby restaurants and downtown is only 5+ minutes away by car. This is a warm and welcoming community, the people are friendly and there is staff on hand to answer your questions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma Hotel Great Exuma
- Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma Great Exuma, Bahamas