“Breathtaking!”
Review of Lighthouse Beach

Lighthouse Beach
Ranked #4 of 46 things to do in Eleuthera
Reviewed June 5, 2014

It takes courage and a good car to get there, but worth every bump on the "road"! I almost gave up on the middle of the way, the road was getting worse by minute, but when I arrived I saw the most beautiful place in the whole island! Just do not forget to take lots of water and some food - there is absolutely nothing there to purchase.

3  Thank Marcus_Coltro

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Coming from Miami, I know a thing or two about beaches. This is BY FAR the best beach I have ever laid eyes on! Even of all the Eleuthera beaches, this one is my favorite (although, French Leave Beach comes in at 2nd). It's a bit of a treck to get there, but it's a fun experience. Get yourself an SUV and ask for directions. Don't mind the bumpy, dirt road - it's so worth the experience you'll get at the end! Take sneakers so you can climb on the rocks and get some amazing photo opps. The water is perfectly crystal clear and amazing. Take a cooler with refreshments and sandwiches, since there's not much around (Especially if you go when things are closed on Sunday!)

2  Thank ellebell0622
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Was staying in Spanish Wells, so we took a day trip to the "Main" Island of Eleuthera. Rented a car, which ended up being an 4 wheel drive vehicle. We road down the Queens high way making stops along the way. The Island is beautiful. On the southern tip of the Island is Light House Beach. The Queens Highway does not go all the way to Light House Beach. The road to access the beach is a rock and sand trail, that goes on for ~1.5 miles, thankfully we had the 4 Wheel Drive. The "Road" was very rough, and I thought we were lost, until you reach the beach. The beach is one of the best I have ever seen. The beach is empty, took all my clothes off and went in. Great beach, access was an interesting ride, not for the faint of heart, or a small vehicle. Beach is empty.

2  Thank Seabiscuit61
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is very remote beach at the far south end of the island was beautiful. The lighthouse however was disappointing and actually kind of creepy. Appears to have had someone homeless living underneath it. Also be careful because there is an uncovered well or cistern nearby that someone could fall into. The road was rough and in some places very rough. The last several hundred feet we actually got stuck briefly. We were in a Ford Bronco type SUV. Would not recommend trying it in a car.

1  Thank Baumgs
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We traveled to Lighthouse Beach last year. We were given directions that said after you say 3 times "Is this the right road?" you would find it. Have a good vehicle because the road was washed out in several places with many high and low spots. The beach was beautiful when we finally got there but was crowded. we have been going to Eleuthera for the last 6 years and most of the other beaches we visited had few if any people even late in the afternoon. Pretty beach but many better ones on Island

1  Thank Mike O