“Outstanding food!”
Review of Daddy Joes

Daddy Joes
Ranked #10 of 77 Restaurants in Eleuthera
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Queen's Highway North, 1 mile south of Glass Window Bridge, 3.5 miles north of Gregory Town. Two Story Building, white trimmed with yellow.
“Outstanding food!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Hard to believe, but this restaurant was the best meal we had on the island. Definitely exceeded our expectations. Don't miss this gem!

• Visited May 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Superb Bahamian food!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I'm a true foodie and literally went to the Bahamas for their food and amazing beaches and oceans.
When I travel, I only eat what's local cuisine. Daddy Joes, by far, was the best Bahamian food I had. I did fish fry's all over the islands and none matched Daddy Joe's quality. The fried conch and lobster (they call it "cracked" on the islands) was the lightest, most delicate I ate in 3 weeks. So many places were doughy and/or oil soaked. The macaroni and cheese needs a new name as it's of the highest quality and should be served as an entree!
The employees are a family and the quality of the food shows it. The owner is hands on - always there and will accommodate special requests. Tiffany - the owner, Shirley - the chef who's heart is in her food (it's worth a trip just to meet Shirley and her lively personality), and Sandy made my trip extra special. I was traveling alone, and hanging out at the bar in Daddy Joe's I met half the island! Everyone knows them and the locals come in and tell each other stories - its like "Cheers". There's a dining room in the back that is very cute, but upfront is where the action is. They do fun, engaging activities with variety such as karaoke nite, Italian nite. You can email them to find out what's going on while you're there.
For the snorkeling crowd, Daddy Joes has full kitchen units (they call them villas) for rent directly across a destination snorkeling spot.
And another HUGE attraction for anyone staying in the GeorgeTown area - they will come pick you up! Eleuthera is very spread out and its very difficult to get around without a car, but very expensive to have a car.
The food is worth the trip and made so special by the warm, friendly staff - all of whom are native Bahamians.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank boot1234
Truro , Nova Scotia
“Good food & very friendly Waitress”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had a great meal that was served fast . The waitress couldn't have been more friendly , she wasn't overly busy at the time so stop and had a chat with us . Get her to mix you a Gulla Wash drink it wonderful . There were quit a few people getting take away overs when we were there .You could have a casual sit down meal or a more formal get together here .

• Visited March 2014
Ankeny, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food on the Island”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We went to Daddy Joe's twice as we rented a villa just up the street and had actually read reviews of this restaurant before visiting the island. Let me say I could have eaten here every day if we didn't have a chef with the house we were renting. The food was amazing. there were 6 of us in our party including a 5 year old boy and everyone loved their food. I had the stuffed chicken both days because it was THAT GOOD! The side dishes were amazing. I felt the prices were just what I expected. Every island you should expect to pay a little more...but honestly, if you can gripe about $20 for a fabulous meal that is overflowing off your plate then you shouldn't eat out and save your money. The service was exceptional both times we went there and I can't wait to visit again. By far the best restaurant we have gone to the the Bahamas in general!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Happy C
New York City, New York
“Loved this place”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Yes, this is the place in the New York Times article, but we didn't know that when we ate here. We came here after a day of snorkeling at Gaulding Cay, right across the road from Daddy Joes. We had a great waitress, Sandra, who was more than helpful in picking out what we wanted to eat. The conch and the grouper, island staples, were excellent here! More than anything, it was Sandra and the owner, Tiffany, that made us enjoy it so much. They filled us in on all kinds of goings on on Eleuthera. The beers were cold, the food awesome, it was exactly what we wanted after a day at the beach. Check it out.

• Visited April 2014