“My Favorite Beach in the Whole World”
Review of Ten Bay Beach

Ranked #5 of 44 things to do in Eleuthera
Gainesville, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My Favorite Beach in the Whole World”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This place is truly special to me. I've never seen a beach so spectacular in all my life. Crystal clear, shallow water, sandbars and sand dollars galore, utterly peaceful and relaxing. My husband and I honeymooned in Eleuthera and while we loved every place we visited on the island, this was by far our favorite spot to go. We stayed at a house within a close drive to Ten Bay, and went there almost every day. It was probably one of the more populated beaches we visited during our stay, but still practically empty compared to every other beach I've visited outside of Eleuthera. We loved to just sit in the shallow waters next to the coral and watch the little schools of fish swim right beside us. This is the place I now picture in my head when I am feeling stressed, and just remembering that such serenity and beauty exists in this world always makes me feel better.

Visited May 2013

Longmont, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Stunningly Beautiful”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Beautiful beach to walk and not crowded. There were only a few other people the day we were there and they weren't there long. We had it pretty much to ourselves the whole time. The water is crystal clear and there aren't any waves so it's perfect for children. We spent a couple hours here before moving on and looking for the next great beach - trust me, on Eleuthera, they're ALL great though!

Visited December 2012
Van Nuys, CA (USA)
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Calm waters and shade”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This beach would be great for kids. No waves, clean and beautiiful with shade trees overhanging the beach. It is my 2nd favorite beach in Eleuthera, Take a cooler and spend the day. Great place for shells and sand dollars.

Visited August 2013
Goose Creek, SC
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Crystal clear”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was our 2nd favorite beach, behind Gaulding Cay. It had amazingly clear water with very little wind chop on the surface, which made it great for floating around in our pool floats. It was so shallow, even around 200 yards out, it was only up to my waist. You could see where it dropped off though towards the "deep end". We saw a dude snorkeling down at the North end of the beach, he seemed happy. There's lots of shade on the beach as well, so you don't have to get burned. The "bad" thing we saw here, was some trash in the woods (which honestly is just about anywhere you go) and a box jelly (which you can't control, because it's nature). Definitely worth a stop if you're on the island. I will go back next time we visit.

Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Pretty place”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Liked the knee deep gin clear warm water of this beach. Just a few other guests on the beach the day we visited. The water had very small clear jelly fish in it but they didn't sting so not sure if we should have been concerned or not (we weren't!)

Visited June 2013