“A cloudy day turned into an amazing day!”
Review of Fishbone Tours

Fishbone Tours
Ranked #2 of 20 Tours in Eleuthera
More attraction details
Owner description: Fishbone Tours offers fun and exciting boating adventure with our most popular "Adventure Tour"; Eleuthera's one and only!. This tour allows you to view conch in their natural habitat, snorkel large Bahamian Starfish, Reef Fish, participate in Turtle Encounters and much more. Each tour is unique and different in its own way, as not one tour is the same. We also offer various fishing trips for the avid fisherman such as, Bone-fishing, Spearfishing, Big Game/Deep Sea, Reef Fishing and Snorkeling. We are a small family orientated business, allowing us to give you our undivided, one on one attention. Fishbone Tours prides itself on service as we easily adapt to your needs and wants, in hopes that you will be talking about your experience for a very long time. If you don't take our word for it then take our clients words below!
Windsor, Canada
“A cloudy day turned into an amazing day!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

So I woke up this past Sunday morning, a little cold and dissappointed in the cloudy ugly weather, and nervous about my upcoming fishbone tour's water portion of the trip.. Little did I know the clouds would clear away and an AMAZING day was to be had!! We had an amazing time with Julius and his family doing everything from catching starfish and turtles, to exploring a bat-filled prehistoric-like cave! And the conch salad was so soo good... Julius and his team were great in adapting both mine and my boyfriend's needs: I was hesitant about getting in the water which was not very hot that day so they brought the sea life onboard to me! My boyfriend who is much more adventurous than I insisted on getting in the water with Julius and was tasked with releasing the turtle and catching starfish which made for some great pictures and videos. The cave exploration was great - the path was a bit windy and tricky, but the thrill of penetrating batman's cave was all worth it.
Definitely definitely would love to do this trip again, and definitely definitely doing it in warmer weather so I can catch the turtle next time :)

Visited December 2012

Coram, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Less than what I expected...but fun”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Not enough of a hands on experience for the kids. We booked thinking we were going to be in on all of the action. We spent the first four hours watching Julius doing everything, except for the conch garden walk in foot deep water (bring water shoes!) - which was very informative. If you think you are going into the water to do all the fun stuff, think again. If you are okay with sitting back and watching it be done, then this is for you. We expected much more of a hands-on experience. Spear fishing in the mangroves was our two boats watching Julius hop off and try to spear fish. We had a breezy day and our trip was modified, but we weren't given the option to jump off the boat and get the starfish ourselves. We also missed our opportunity to wrangle a turtle, which clearly would have been the highlight of the trip. Some better planning or posing the possibility of losing sunlight and the opportunity should have been clearly communicated. In the future the turtles should be priority #1.

Julius, his dad and his wife are great people. I wish we would have come away from this trip feeling differently. Some bad luck with weather and tides? Maybe, but this could have been structured much better, and the pitch at the end of the day to spend even more money on jewelry and artwork was unnecessary, not sure I'd ever agree to spending that much money on 2 sharks teeth outside of that situation. I don't mind supporting the locals, but I do like to at least feel like I got my money's worth.

I can say the highlights were lunch on the beach and snorkeling. Could have done without the plane wreck dive...I hate writing reviews like this, but maybe the company will learn from it.

Based on the other reviews I see here, I would probably book this trip if I was a first timer. The idea was great but the delivery lacked that day, I wish others better luck.

4 Thank Giuseppe S
Long Island, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great... until the awkward ending.”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Fish Bone tours is a great trip. It's less hands on than Julius claims, but nonetheless, we had a fabulous time. We learned so much about conch and the fresh conch salad was amazing. The lunch on Windermere Island was made even better when he cooked up the lobster we caught. Our group wanted to do some extra spear fishing so later on there wasn't enough sunlight to get a turtle, which was a bit disappointing, but I totally understand the circumstances. Julius was able to help our friend's 13 year old son spear a lobster (a feat he's been trying to do for the last 3 years), so that in itself made the trip worthwhile. I'd give this tour 5 stars if it weren't for the awkward jewelry pressure at the end. You know, the "I'd normally sell this bracelet for $60, but since you're so special I'll sell it to you for $50" spiel. It was made even more awkward when Julius's wife commented that she was surprised no one bought a ($50) turtle shell bracelet. So, aside from the jewelry thing, this tour was great. Julius knows so much about the water and what it has to offer and was gracious at answering all of our questions.

4 Thank juljoejakjarave
Littleton, Colorado
“Eleuthera's "Must Do"”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

What an amazing & dynamic experience for our entire family! Julius is a wealth of information and laughs regarding Eleuthera and the adventures he has to offer. I would highly recommend his adventure tour as he has the ability to cater to all ages. We stayed on Eleuthera for 8 days and thought we were experiencing the island on our own. We had no idea how much we were missing out on until Julius took us out and showed us exactly what Eleuthera has to offer. He and his wife are accommodating, warm, inviting and extremely knowledgeable. This was the highlight of our trip!

New Orleans, Louisiana
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fishbone Tours - Worth it in every respect”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our last full day in Eleuthera was spent in the capable hands of Captain Julius and Fishbone Tours. Booked by phone as a last minute 'adventure' and knowing nothing about the company we took a chance on Fishbone.

Julius is a fantastic young man who has spent his life growing up in the area. You are basically touring his "back yard". He is smart, funny, and knowledgeable about his subject. In addition he and his family have made it their mission to sustain and cultivate the natural wonders and ecology of their island. The tour of the Conch Garden, the hands on learning and the beauty of the area are what makes this tour so enjoyable. Couple that with the genuine passion that Julius has for what he does and you are guaranteed an exceptional tour. And he's a pretty good outdoor chef too!

Go for the fun and adventure. Bring an open mind and if you're not careful you just may learn something in the process.

Thanks again to Julius & Fishbone Tours for a memorable adventure!

Scott & Rachel
New Orleans

Visited October 2012
2 Thank ScottnRae
Fishbone T, General Manager at Fishbone Tours, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks for the excellent review!

Thank you for choosing Fishbone Tours on your last day and chancing us!

You guys were so much fun and made the trip that much more enjoyable on a Captains end! It was a pleasure having you all on board for your Adventure Tour. Julius does make the best conch salad you will ever taste, hands down.

Thank you for your kind words and we only hope you will come back and have an even better time on the second go round!

Hope to see you at Fishbone Tours again real soon!

~The FISHSBONES Family