“Sensational Sunset Drinks”

Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Eleuthera
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We tried to go here for supper, but each time we discovered it closed. We did have drinks one evening after eating at Twin Brothers in Hatchett Bay, which I would NOT recommend by the way, and we vowed to come to eat at the Front Porch. It just didn't work out for us so we will another time on another trip. We had drinks overlooking Hatchet Bay. The decor and the drinks were stunning! The owner gave my husband some home made hot sauce and this alone made my family sad that we never had the opportunity to eat here.

1  Thank MmeMinou

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We enjoyed chatting with the owner and chef, Frances who was clearly passionate about food adding his own twist to the menu offered hoping to please and satisfy his customers. We enjoyed our food very much in a very relaxed atmosphere overlooking the Hatchet bay.
We called a couple of times when the restaurant was closed so may be worth booking ahead to avoid disappointment or to mention any specific food requests.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

What a find when we pulled off the road for lunch to try this little restaurant run by a husband & wife team. He explains that they cook what he catches and she and her mother grow much of the vegetables. Excellently prepared, beautifully present in a relaxed setting by the bay.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

As we traveled in our sailboat up the lee shore of the eastern side of southern Eleuthera, we ate out for dinner every night. By far, The Front Porch was the very best meal we had on this trip in Eleuthera. In fact, it was one of the best meals we had in our four month stay in the Bahamas. The restaurant is located just up the hill from Government Dock in Hatchet Bay Harbour.

We were surprised when Francis, the chef, advised that the special for dinner was stone crab. Five of our party of six had the stone crab dinner, and everyone really enjoyed their meal.

I had the lobster tail dinner. I had lobster tails for dinner many times during our stay in the Bahamas. The lobster tail dinner I had at The Front Porch was the best of all. I would even rank my lobster dinner above Santanna's in Little Exhuma, and Santanna's recently won the award on tripadvisor.com as the best restaurant in the Exumas.

After dinner, both Francis and his significant other, Gina, visited our table. We all gave them encouragement. I promised a review, and now that promise is fulfilled.

Their web page is: thefrontporcheleu@yahoo.com

I highly recommend The Front Porch for dinner in Alicetown.

2  Thank Arnon G
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We love coming to the Front Porch when we go North! Their food is great, nice and hot! The family is friendly and very hospitable while you dine. The view from their outside seating area is stunning! A MUST on your lunch list!!!