“a must visit”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We loved the Beach House. Cool place, the food was excellent- we had the spicy chickpeas (a HUGE portion), the smoked salmon bruchetta and the conch fritters. Loved the chickpeas and the salmon- the conch fritters were good but not the best we had. What sold us was the atmosphere. The view out from the bar is just spectacular. We went down to have lunch on the first visit and stayed for hours!

Prices- especially drinks- were a bit high, but we found that to be the case everywhere on the island. We stuck to Kalik- kept COLD in a cooler at the bar.

Also, the portions are huge so ask or plan for that. The bartender packed up to go boxes for us, no problem. Chickpeas are even better the next day.

The owner and bartenders/wait staff were all very friendly and chatty with us. No one blinked when my sand covered kid came dripping in. Just very laid back. I would advise anyone going to plan on staying an afternoon to enjoy the view and the perfect beach out front. The only problem I had with the Beach House was it was too far away from where we were staying. I echo the comment of an earlier poster- next time we are staying closer to the Beach House. Preferably make it there a 'pied and stay even longer

1  Thank Jennifer A

Reviewed July 7, 2011

the food was better than last year but the vibe from the staff and owner was lacking. tried to chat them up a bit and it was like talking to a wall. the tappas were better but if you are looking for tappas, know that these serve 4 as tappas. the smoked salman was very good and refreshing. very beautiful place.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

When we are there with friends or alone, we rate it number one. Who needs a lot of restaurants when you have 3 excellent ones around Governors Harbour. Each one has great items and the atmosphere is what dreams and novels are made of.

1  Thank peggycord
Reviewed May 8, 2011

My husband and I ate at the beach house twice...they have a very large menu so I may have just ordered the wrong things but what we got was average to poor. We had tapas the first night including conch fritters, everything was fine but nothing great...I enjoyed their bread with oil what I think was some kind of balsamic reduction better than the food, it was quite good. On our second visit we both ordered filets cooked medium rare....they were well done throughout and very very tough. It was the worst piece of meat I can remember eating in a very long time. On a positive note the atmosphere is perfect...I would still return and try it again or just order drinks. It is a very secial place, they just need to improve on the quality of the food. I do have to mention that as soon as the sun goes down the bugs got very bad...it was funny to see how quickly peple settled there tabs and left. I actually ran to the car and left my husband to settle the tab. The food prices were a little high but they give you a large portion, it is not really tapas sized plates...much larger. I would recommend it for a great place to get a drink during the daytime hours. Also nights when there is live music you did need a reservation.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

The Beach House was hands down our favorite restaurant on Eleuthera...the selection of Tapas was extensive, the Quality of the food outstanding and portion size much larger than expected for Tapas. We tried the Parsely and Garlic Stuffed Shrimp (outstanding), the Smoked Salmon Bruschetta and the Seafood Bruschetta (Incredible - I think I almost cried it was so good..not really but you get the picture) and we also tried the Spicy Chickpeas...good but not our favorite....I highly reccomend this restaraunt. We are actually looking to rent a house next year closer to Club Med Beach area so we can walk to this restaurant....Don't miss this place - It is the by far the best restaurant on any island we have visited and the location will take your breath away.