“Fabulous Food and the Most Incredible Beach!”
Review of The Bistro at Sky Beach Club - CLOSED

The Bistro at Sky Beach Club
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Bistro is Sky Beach Club’s exclusive fine dining experience that combines international cuisine with daily specials inspired by local Grouper, Hog Fish Snapper and Lobster. Not to mention traditional dishes with a twist that will keep your palate wanting more.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Sky Beach Eleuthera is my most favorite beach ever....beautiful sand ,turquoise water and soft waves...
the best part very quiet and secluded and pristine. However this review is about the restaurant! The Bistro Restaurant of Sky Beach Club overlooks this fabulous beach. It also has a first class infinity pool right next to the restaurant,very relaxing with nice patio furnishings and loungers. The food is excellent. We have dined there several times while visiting Governor's Harbour. I have not been disappointed. My personal favorite for lunch is the butternut squash as a side, with the grouper sandwhich. And my brother-in-law always order the tuna nicoise salad, lovely, tuna cooked as he likes it ,and nice presentation too. The service is always friendly, although you must realize the pace in the Bahamas is very relaxed so do not expect your food asap. Enjoy the view, the sunshine, the soft warm breezes with a cool drink, and chillout!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was in Eleuthera for a family vacation, myself and 7 others went to The Bistro at Sky Beach Club for dinner. The restaurant was almost empty, only one other pair in the corner when we arrived. I had seen the reviews before me warning of slow service but since the restaurant wasn't full I thought we had lucked out. We did not, from the time we ordered to having food on table it was over an hour. Keep in mind we were the only table being served at the time. If you go be ready to wait. The food was good, but the wait was painful.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

It pains me to write a negative review but I think its only fair to share our experience with others to provide a heads up. We have been to SBC in the past with a group and had a better experience. We knew the service would be slower, that is fine with us, we took in the sites and enjoyed our time. But the loud manager on his cellphone was annoying and when we walked up to pay our check with our VISA they had issues accepting the card. Oddly we never had any problems anywhere else we used the same card. The manager was rude and unhelpful. This put a real damper on our day but lesson learned and we have no trouble supporting other restaurants whom find happiness in helping. After sharing our story with others, we found we weren't alone with a poor experience.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

presentation, quality and taste were all fantastic! and you can't beat the atmosphere either! GREAT place! well worth the visit!

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

There is island time then there is just plain rude.

Arrived for our reservation to a power cut, not their fault though we were told it happens often. So after sitting in the dark for 40 minutes by ourselves a rude waitress struggled to get us a drink. No candles or nibbles or hellos while we waited.

Then another 40 mins later said waitress returned to inform one of our appetisers was unavailable, by this time starving we asked her to bring us some garlic bread instead. I'm still waiting for it and I just got home. She did however bring a plate of ribs but no napkins plates or cutlery and disappeared for another 30 mins.

Then finally brought out steaks which were undercooked and cold. No drink refills or asked if we needed sauces or if indeed the food was ok. It was not by the way.

Then later the cheque arrived with the other starters that we didn't recieve still on the bill. You guessed it, ANOTHER 30 minute wait to have it rectified.

Gratuity is also added to the bill so you have no option but to pay.

Appalling place. Disgusting staff. Terrible food. Avoid and go to tippys!!