“Cruise ship stop”
Review of Princess Cays

Ranked #11 of 44 things to do in Eleuthera
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Cruise line does a nice job of setting up the island for passengers to enjoy a day long beach stay that includes a BBQ lunch buffet. The beach is very clean and the water is clear and perfect for swimming and snorkeling. Sport vehicles such as SkiDoos, small boats and other water toys are available for a fee.

8  Thank sdcruiser52
There are newer reviews for Princess Cays

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had this location as a stop (go figure) while on a Princess Cruise. We didn't quite know what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised. We had an excellent spot on the beach with access to beautiful water (one of the greatest parts of this location). We played beach volleyball with several different people and had a great time. The food (provided) was excellent and the process (i.e. wait time, amount of food, accessibility, and selection) was very well executed by the staff. The shops on the island are perfect for the individual looking for souvenirs. Highly recommend a cruise with this location as a scheduled stop. We were there in January.

9  Thank Sean C
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Honestly,
I was a little disappointed. We were lucky, the weather was absolutely beautiful, and since it was our first stop, we told ourselves that it would be to relax, and that's what we did. We rented Clam Chairs, because I knew I would burn too easily, and thank goodness we did.

We walked a bit first, and arrived at a small bar. Got ourselves some drinks (yes, it's expensive, but I find all alcoholic drinks on the ship expensive) so we got the beer deals and left to find a spot.

To get to the water, the beach wasn't pretty. There was dry seaweed everywhere and rocks. We had a little path to get to the water, but you didn't have much to go with. We didn't even last the whole day because it was so crowded. When we disembarked, we went right, so before heading back up, we went to see what was on the right. There were little shops, which was fun, but enough to keep me intrigued.

To relax, it's a beautiful beach, but there was no service. I understand though, it was extremely hot. But I was disappointed with Princess for that, I went on a previous cruise with Norweigian, and honestly I prefered the service with them. Not that Princess was horrible, it just wasn't top. I don't want to have to walk far to get myself a drink, so that, once I arrive, I'm done and have to go back. I didn't even have the buffet, we went on the boat in the adult pool and got service there. It was good for a relaxing day.

4  Thank Kim W
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stopped at Princess Cays during our Eastern Caribbean Cruise last December. The beach had to be reached by tender, which was OK, but caused a small delay in getting back and forth. The beach was beautiful, but the water was cold and the areas where you entered it were kind of rocky. There wasn't much to see or do on the beach, other than partake in the lunch Princess hosted, but I understand you could leave the private beach on an excursion. We didn't do that, so I'm not sure if there was more outside or not. It wasn't my favorite place to stop, but it was nice enough to spend a relaxing afternoon.

6  Thank Robert H
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stopped at Princess Cays on our Southern Caribbean cruise. We had to access it by tender. What a beautiful beach. Walking on the dock the water this beautiful turquoise and crystal clear, and we could see fish swimming around. Princess had lots of activities on the beach, or you could just relax on the beach. Souvenir shops were expensive. What we liked most was the bar that Princess had set up run by their own staff. The band "Rum Runners" consisting of a guitarist and a guy on steel drums combined with their great voices was wonderful to listen to and relax, we could have stayed there for hours. In fact I bought one of their CDs price $15 (a bit pricey).
We did hear people complain about the beach, and I think the Life Saver has the best job ever.
In one word "Beautiful".