“Not worth the view”

Dining options: Reservations
florida
“Not worth the view”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Not worth the view....not attentive staff and they come across as annoyed that you have come to their restaurant and displeased they have to serve you. I expect to pay the prices but not for service like this. Also takes eternity to get drinks and food.

Berwick, Maine
“Great views, average food...”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Unique's is a beautifully located restaurant and hotel. The setting is why you go. Sit out on the verandas and enjoy the ocean air and beautiful waves. The food is very average for the island. The conch fritters are good, but prices tend to be high for the quality. Must visit at least once for the atmosphere and beauty,

• Visited February 2012
Nashville, TN
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Our waiter Gus was most pleasant. he was very kind and continued to apologize for the wait. We really did not feel that the wait had been that long, we told him "we are on vacation, we are not in a hurry" the food was Excellant! We were a party of four adults, conch fritter was amazing, grouper fingers, recommend by Gus as This is his favorite he said. The fish was cooked perfectly, not greasy, not over breaded or spiced up to deter from the flavor of fish, light lime flavor, and a huge portion! The homemade mashed potatoes along with fresh steamed veggies. All around a great meal. We were the only couple in the restaurant but most of the tourist have gone home. This Island is like no others I've traveled.. Not busy with shops and cruise ships, people busy everywhere with traffic etc. more layed back but it is more expensive food wise I will say. But hey you're on vacation, and good eatin' cost money. How many times have you paid for bad food? That won't happen here, well worth a try. My husband had the pork chops and he said they were cooked perfectly and very good as well. GOTTA remember the bug spray anywhere you go here, they are bad!!Best beach on Island is just behind this hotel, down a ways Joes beach. travel by car to Poponni beach Then head just around the point.

bucks county, pa
“Frustrating evening”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I attempted to have dinner here in May on vacation because it was close to our house. There was only two tables of diners when we arrived at 7:30 and one of them left a short time after we were seated. We ordered our meals and at 9:00 after two glasses of wine we were told that they were out of what my husband had ordered. This also meant that they had not started my meal as well. Needless to say my husband was so mad that we had to leave. I would have given this restaurant a "terrible" rating but the waitress was nice and I could see she was uncomforable giving us the news that after 1 1/2 wait they were just now getting around to cooking our meal. This with only one other table in the restaurant.

Visited May 2012
Birmingham,
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Please visit this wonderful restaurant.”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I visited Unique and were so pleased with Gus, the food and the entire experience. The view is beautiful, as is the restaurant itself. Gus could not be nicer and their conch chowder was fantastic. Only a short drive from Tippy's in Governor's Harbor, this restaurant is far less patronized. As goes for all Eleuthera restaurants during the summer, amply apply bug spray before going because the windows and doors will be open and the mosquitos are thick.

• Visited May 2012