“Everyday spent at the Rainbow felt like the best day of my life!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rainbow Inn Seafood & Steak House

The Rainbow Inn Seafood & Steak House
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Eleuthera
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Bahamian, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fresh Catch Eleuthea Seafood, Certified Angus Beef, Organic Salad & Vegetables & Wood Fire Pizza (Live Entertainment 4 night a week)
Ottawa, Canada
“Everyday spent at the Rainbow felt like the best day of my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I recently visited The Rainbow Inn not knowing what to expect but ended up leaving more than satisfied! I have been away on a variety of Caribbean Vacations including cruises, All-Inclusive's, and hotels but I can honestly say that there is something about the Rainbow Inn that just kept me intrigued. First of all, the view from the grounds was just spectacular and the vibe was extremely relaxed and friendly. The food at the restaurant was absolutely delicious and simultaneously, well-priced and ORGANIC! The servers and band members were also extremely friendly which made meal time so entertaining! The Rainbow Inn is an ideal vacation spot for ANYONE, especially for those workaholics who just need a break!!! The rooms are adorable and well kept- almost making it too comfy to leave! ;) I will definitely be back as this was by far the best vacation I ever went on! Thanks to all the staff at the Rainbow for an unbelievable trip!! Also, special thanks to Zev for taking us out on an unforgettable fishing adventure. See you all in the near future for some Conch Chowder, open mic nights, and Sunny R&R!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Jordana G

Camrose, Canada
“Best on the Island. Each dish, exquisite.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

You will have to pardon my review, but it may wander between restaurant and Inn, as for me it was a "package deal". We stayed for 1 week in February of 2012. We ate.....probably 15 times in that 7 days (a couple of tour day/ visits with others kept us from the other meals). Each meal was absolutely great. First the service: On the island, sometimes meals take time. Understandable, because many little places only have one person to cook, serve, clean up, etc. The meals came on time, even by Alberta standards, which means you gotta feed the hungry bears fast before they start tearing things up, lol. Anyway, meals came within 10 minutes for breakfast, and 15 to 20 for lunch and dinner. Way above average by Bahamian standards. Rhonda, Zev and Mish were all servers at one time or another, and they just draw you in. Your family by the time you leave. They stop at the table even when not serving. They include you in conversations, hand out advice when needed, and are so helpful all the time. In the evening, we had JJ (Shout out, JJ!) and another couple of ladies that were pleasant and efficient. Now, to the food: Good night, it's good!! I am not a huge fish person, but trying to be more of one, as it's so good for you and well, I'm a glutton and well, ok, let's get past that. Anyhoo, first meal: Fish Taco's: What exquisite taste! Never had a fish taco befoer, because they sounded, well, not like something I would like. Excellent taste, fantastic presentation. I brought my camera to 10 meals. How many pics did I get? None! I was too amazed by the sight and smell of the meal that I dug in without thinking. Rather pavlovian of me, I believe :). My wife had Steak Salad. Vegetables grown out of their organic garden and you can tell. Fresh, tantalizing, delicious. Grilled vegetables that were out of this world. Avocado slices that we were devouring like apples, they were so juicy and tasty. Each meal outdid the last. Fresh Snapper, Grouper, in sizes that I swear, one night must have been a 16 oz. slab of fish, done to perfection. Their blackened "catch of the day" was one of my favourites. We had the Surf and Turf valentines day evening, and it was so enormous, we couldn't finish it, not even close. I could go on and on (and usually do, lol) about each of the dishes we enjoyed that lovely week. I don't know how they do it, being at the mercy of a supply boat that comes once a week, and if you don't get what you are out of, you have to start peddling hard to find it.

The Inn itself (the rooms) is very, very clean, comfortable little bungalows situated on the grounds. Most of them are close to or in front of a salt water pool that is a pretty setting for cocktails, or just relaxing. Nice sunset vista from the pool deck and the restaurant. I can't tell you how many times Zev stopped to ask if I needed anything, including directions to go up on top of the restaurant for better picture ops. I should have taken better care to get more pictures of the grounds.
In summation, Zev and Mish are just wonderful people, Rhonda very engaging. They knock themselves out to give you whatever they have to make your stay comfortable. Rhonda noticed we were packing up for a beach day. She said "Hey, we have some beach chairs, just a minute, I'll get some for you". Then she gets us a cooler to pack a little food and beverages in. Each day, we did this, getting ice from the restaurant to keep things chilled all day. The second day I needed ice, Mish just says, "Just go in the back of the restaurant, help yourself." You don't get that everywhere. You don't get that practically everywhere.
Lastly, it just felt so comfortable. That beautiful soft breeze floating into the screened veranda of the restaurant, the easy conversations that we had with them and fellow patrons. We are coming back, no two ways about it. Just like the island of Eleuthera itself, the Rainbow Inn experience beckons us back, and we must heed the call.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Robin C
Eleuthera
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

A MUST DO for anyone traveling to 'Lutra...the food is fantastic, the atmosphere pleasant, live music on weekends and view to die for!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank blessedb
“Cool Runnings on Eleuthera”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

Very cool, good music, excellent food, strong drinks, great service, amazing view and one of the few restaurants on Eleuthera that has food that isn't fried. Go for the food, stay for the view and service.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SeascapeScott
new york
“ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

nice spot for sunset, staff seemed nice as well. not really that kid friendly.

Visited February 2012