“Nice Folks & Great Food!!!”
Review of New Sunset Inn

New Sunset Inn
Ranked #47 of 79 Restaurants in Eleuthera
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stopped by chance and found this place to be a charm... Owner Mr. Lionel was a fabulous host not to mention he made the BEST Pina Coladas... Burgers and fries were delicious... nice& hot food and fresh tasting!!! Cant forget the coconut creme pie.... homemade and very yummy... took 2 pieces back to the house!!! We are returning soon and will definitely return!!

The WHO DATS from LOUISIANA!!!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Very irritated by the owner of the restaurant. I understood this is not a 5 stars michelin (nor We were looking for that) but it is incredible to me and my friends how such a guy could run a restaurant. He had completely no willingness to do his job and accommodate clients needs (just to make an example, we just asked the possibility to have dinner in the porch considering there were several free tables; he replied we could not move chairs outside). Waitress was instead very kind but also the food was not good compared to other places in the island. Very disappointed, recommended to none.

1  Thank GodieMi
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I ate here a few times over my stay on Eleuthera. It has an excellent location on the Caribbean side of the island. Menu is some what limited but everything I ordered was good and fresh with a fair price. I also brought in some fish I caught out on a charter and they were more than happy to cook it up for me. Which means a lot. Staff was friendly and timely, but if you need someone to wait on you hand and foot maybe you should stay on a cruise ship.

I concur on the need for bug spay once the sun goes down.

3  Thank Keith M
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stopped here several times over the course of 8 days. I had the conch salad every time - it was absolutely delicious, and came with an amazing and spicy sauce on the side. The view is spectacular. While we were dining out on the patio we chatted with one of the workers who was repairing the area down below the deck from a hurricane, and he mentioned that when we came back to the island next year (fingers crossed!) that there would be a romantic, private dining table for honeymooners or couples just wanting a romantic place to dine alone. The cocktails were also pretty good. Our server may not have been overly effusive, but she was always warm and happy to see us when stopped in for more conch salad. There was a mix-up with the bill one time we went, but our server promptly fixed that and there was never any rudeness or disdain towards us as others have mentioned.

4  Thank TravelingDaydreamer
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We did not eat here just a few drinks but the sunset view is breath taking! Right in the beach and always open! Service was great.... Just bring bug spray after the sun sets!

1  Thank Palmgirl33