“Great Food and Rum Punch”
Review of New Sunset Inn

New Sunset Inn
Ranked #45 of 79 Restaurants in Eleuthera
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had dinner and drinks here on 09/18/2012 and the food and drinks were wonderful!! Most places on the Island were closed this time of the year and we were on our way back from Lighthouse Beach to our Villa in Rainbow Bay and passed this place and turned around. The Rum Punch was yummy and I had the Grouper with a baked potato and salad, my friend had the Shrimp and it was also very good. Great place to sit and watch the sunset, thus the name!! Our waitress was very friendly and brought us everything we needed before we could even ask. This was one of the best meals we had while on the Island!!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had dinner here on Saturday 09/29/12 and for this restaurant to have four stars, something must have happened here. Where is the management at?

My Wifes chicken leg quarter looked and tasted like it had just been pulled out of a pack and dropped in a deep fryer.

The waitress was grumpy and un-attentive like stated in previous reviews ... and this was before we even ordered. I'm fine with the government imposing a mandatory 18% gratuity to help protect the people, but we shouldn't get an attitude either. We later overheard her being sarcastic with a Father and Daughter at another table, so it wasn't just us that received all of her charm that evening.

The view on the deck was nice but the whole Island is beautiful and we could have enjoyed the same view from their parking lot eating our ham and cheese sandwich that we needed when we got home.

We felt like we were ripped off ... but did find other great places on the beautiful island.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

For starter understand a little about me. I hunt and fish. I therefore don't mind a little wild flavor when it comes to food. In fact I almost enjoy it. Especially when compared to some tasteless dish based on boneless skinless, 3 month old farm raised American grocery store chicken. But this place? I had fighting rooster. Well... nearly inedible chicken of some wild sort. The meal was cooked/prepared well enough and the portions were great but DANG!!! I could barely choke down the rustic muscly fighting cock that they served me. When I say gamey I mean to tell you strong obnoxious flavor that no amount of salt and pepper or local spices could cover!

On a high note the coconut pie and watching the sunsets make this little place worth the price of the whole meal. Sit outside and just have the pie.

Get over the fact that there is no "good management" as some here have suggested. Look at the rest of the island, I think they're doing quite well considering what they have to work with.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

But, because we were there at perhaps the slowest time of the year, but I wonder if we had a typical experience. The food was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. The view of the sunset was good, but the bugs kept us inside. The service was good, but typical of the out islands in that it was "relaxed". The drinks were good, but the wine was not, again not unusual in this part of the world. Several people suggested that we try this restaurant, we did, but I would have to go back to see if some of my "buts" could be removed.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very nice aspect, right on the water, great for sundowners.

Cracked conch was the best. Conch fritters were not homemade, but the frozen variety. Fries soggy. Cocktails a bit ho hum. Cole slaw was excellent.

Come for the view, a cold beer and some cracked conch. Settle back and enjoy island time.