“Yum...what a treat!”

Add it.
Ranked #14 of 19 Restaurants in Cat Island
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Like most places on Cat Island, you have to make your plans ahead of time. We stopped in on Thursday late afternoon, talked with Marlene, had a beer and made plans for Friday night dinner, which because of Good Friday, turned into Saturday night dinner. Marlene is Jamaican, married to an Indian, and has lived in the Bahamas for 17 years. She knows her cooking. I requested fish curry and my wife asked for chicken curry.

We arrived at 7:00pm on Saturday night. Our place was set in their pleasant room; we were the only diners, which is common on Cat Island. The smells were fantastic, and here came the food. I don't know what kind of fish it was, and she did not know a name that was common to either of us. It was firmer than grouper, firmer than hogfish and it was perfect. I asked for it spicy and it was, with a tasty pepper combo that produced flavor, wonderful flavor, not just heat. With it were fried plantains, peas and rice, and a salad from her backyard: tomatoes to die for.

My wife's chicken curry was as ordered, with perfect white rice, plantains, and the same wonderful salad. She does not really like tomatoes, so I was counting on snatching her's off her plate, but she took a taste and I was out of luck. She finished them off.

We were stuffed with wonderful savory food when we left this great restaurant. On Cat Island you have to do a bit of planning, but it is so worth it. We will be back!

3  Thank GLDawson