“Home-cooked perfection!”

Yardie's Restaurant, Bar and Conch Stand
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Cat Island
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Bahamian, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Alberta
“Home-cooked perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Yardie is a friendly, accommodating host who welcomes you right into her home. We ate at “Yardies” three times during our stay and each time was memorable and delicious. Her home-cooked food will have you coming back for more authentic bohemian flavours! My favorite dish were the ribs, and her potato salad was awesome! She also has a small food store with limited selection but was willing to sell me some flour and eggs. Lovely woman, great food, awesome traditional atmosphere! A true gem on Cat Island.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank CanadianCritique

Savannah, Georgia
“nice day trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

we stopped at yardies on the way to Shannas cove, to order and pick up on the way back to have for dinner,I had ribs and hubby had jerk chicken,bot were good...

Visited May 2013
1 Thank janeymae014
Westerville, Ohio
“Friendly Odette”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Odette is from Jamaica and runs Yardie's. She has the famous conch salad but also made great ribs, conch fritters and fries. She has a little store inside which sells ice cream, candy bars, tshirts, jewelry etc. She was very friendly and also has a gas station which we filled our rental car at.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank slhb
Germantown, Tennessee
“Great authentic taste of the islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great little restaurant/gas station on the north side of the island. I ordered the conch salad. It was my first time having conch. I really wanted to fall in love with it, but just couldn't get there. I later had conch fritters elsewhere and still couldn't get into them. The conch salad is very spicy but I could tell it's very fresh and well made. Don't worry, you can cool your mouth off with some Kalik or some of their great ice cream. My husband had some Jerk pork that was very tasty. If we get back here and are lucky enough to catch them open again I will be ordering that and a pile of the mac and cheese!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank GrizzFan85
Littleton, Colorado
“Conch Fritters. Getcha some!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Order a basket of conch fritters and a Kalik for a great afternoon snack! We also talked about island life with a few local fishermen. Great place!

Visited March 2013