Tail Winds Resort
$230
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Pigeon Cay Beach Club(Cat Island)(Great Value!)
$180
$272
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
Orange Creek Inn(Cat Island)(Great Value!)
$115
The Ocean Dream Beach Resort(Cat Island)(Great Value!)
$189
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
Greenwood Beach Resort(Cat Island)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Cookie House(Cat Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsoutdoor showerpaninida smoke potelectric fireplacebeautiful beachbug sprayhonor systemsmall poolking size bedwalk inshonor barflat screenfree kayakslocation is amazingwireless internet is availableour night stayatlantic side
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Richard and his staff are very welcoming, and the beach is secluded and empty yet beautiful with crystal clear turquoise water. Food is great with fair prices, and the beer on tap is ice cold.

Rooms are extremely nice also. We stayed in a villa, which I highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Just returned from our 5 night stay at Tailwinds, and what can I say? The recent reviews were spot on! Rich has built and runs one very nice organization there. After a rough trip from Nassau (thunderstorms and a broken bottle of rum in the luggage) we arrived into rain at Tailwinds. Rich quickly saw to it that the rum soaked clothing was washed for us. It was then we realized we were at a resort with a little something extra to offer. The rooms were beautiful and spacious, and the outdoor shower was special, and utilized often. With the beach only a short 50 foot walk from the room, the scenery quickly overwhelms the senses. I was in paradise, literally. The food Rich offered on his menu was excellent also. Worth noting were the Cracked Conch, Fish of the Day, excellent Black Angus burgers, the Grilled Chicken and roasted red pepper Panini, and the grilled Salmon. But the piece-de-resistance had to be the simple, delicious Chocolate Panini. Do yourself a favor and save room for it, because you will order one with each meal after you have one. Water clarity was excellent for snorkeling, and the gear is even provided at no charge. We snorkeled every day for 4-5 hours at least, always searching for conch. We actually found a prized Queen conch about 50 yrds. out from the resort. The beach was wide and just as beautiful as pictures show, as well as private. Shannas Cove was about 500 yrds west, but you could walk east for an hour and not see anyone. Exclusive privacy in paradise. Rosie, Riches girlfriend, came in for the weekend to help out with everything as the resort had gotten full ( by that I mean 8 guests). Meeting nice people from all over is one other reason this resort is special. By our last night there, all the guests and Rich piled into 2 vehicles and went to the Smoke Pot for a little Rake and Scrape, with a great time held by all. Carrie, Zach, Rob, Sandra, Alex, and Tatiana, Thanks for making our stay at Tailwinds that much more special.
I have never been to a resort where we became friends with the entire guest list. It is with a heavy heart I write this, as it means I am home now, back to my reality. My stay in paradise was special and will never be forgotten, and I look forward to returning. I just hope no one reads this and that the word does not get out too far. I want to keep it our little secret!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room. All 4 villas are equal , with Hannahs Hanger and the Flap House being closest to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MikeandRoseStefka
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My first time here was Easter weekend 2014. Such a wonderful time I had to come back in June for the Rake N Scrape Festival. Rich and Rosie are very accommodating. Thank you for a wonderful stay. We might be back in August for the Regatta.

Room Tip: Any Villa - all equipped with top of the line amenities!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

This place is a little piece of paradise! Tucked away in a secluded part of the beautiful Island of Cat Island in the Bahamas, it was just what I needed for rest and relaxation. The days and nights are peacefully quiet...except for the sound of the ocean. I love that at night I could see all the stars. The beautiful cabin style rooms literally overlooking the beach are awesome, my favorite feature is the private outdoor shower in the room. I guess you can tell that I absolutely love this place and I can't wait to return! Vacation 2015 is already booked!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We just came back from a wonderful 5 day vacation on Cat Island. We read all the good comments on this webpage so we decided to go with Tailwinds. All the written comments are 100 % correct. This lovely little piece of heaven is the best place you could stay. The beach is just 50 feet from your room. You will have a great view from all the rooms and you can listen to the wonderful sound of the sea. We really enjoyed our time there. The first time that we were able to relax. Also Rich is wonderful, he was such a great help. We lost our luggage at Nassau airport and he did everything possible for us to get our luggage back. He took us to a traditional "Rake'n'Scrape" which was really great. Make sure you go there and have a good time. The food there is delicious!!! The beach is perfect. White, with a pinky touch and crystal clear water. You will love it! Thank you Rich for a good time, we really enjoyed it!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms look the same and you will have the ocean view from every room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple