Tail Winds Resort
Pigeon Cay Beach Club(Cat Island)(Great Value!)
$180
$176
$272
Travelocity
$189
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Greenwood Beach Resort(Cat Island)(Great Value!)
$169
$135
  • Pool
Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas(Long Island)
$255
  • Beachfront
Orange Creek Inn(Cat Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsoutdoor showerpaninida smoke potelectric fireplacebeautiful beachbug sprayhonor systemsmall poolking size bedwalk inshonor barflat screenfree kayakslocation is amazingwireless internet is availableatlantic sideour night stay
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

This place is a little piece of paradise! Tucked away in a secluded part of the beautiful Island of Cat Island in the Bahamas, it was just what I needed for rest and relaxation. The days and nights are peacefully quiet...except for the sound of the ocean. I love that at night I could see all the stars. The beautiful cabin style rooms literally overlooking the beach are awesome, my favorite feature is the private outdoor shower in the room. I guess you can tell that I absolutely love this place and I can't wait to return! Vacation 2015 is already booked!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We just came back from a wonderful 5 day vacation on Cat Island. We read all the good comments on this webpage so we decided to go with Tailwinds. All the written comments are 100 % correct. This lovely little piece of heaven is the best place you could stay. The beach is just 50 feet from your room. You will have a great view from all the rooms and you can listen to the wonderful sound of the sea. We really enjoyed our time there. The first time that we were able to relax. Also Rich is wonderful, he was such a great help. We lost our luggage at Nassau airport and he did everything possible for us to get our luggage back. He took us to a traditional "Rake'n'Scrape" which was really great. Make sure you go there and have a good time. The food there is delicious!!! The beach is perfect. White, with a pinky touch and crystal clear water. You will love it! Thank you Rich for a good time, we really enjoyed it!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms look the same and you will have the ocean view from every room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stated at Tailwinds in April 2014 for a week. The place is sooo beautiful! The beach is quiet with perfect sand, the Tiki bar is cute and Rose and Rich make a great meal. Our pod was huge and always perfectly clean. The view from our room was amazing. So fun! See you in November.

Andrea & Jeff

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrea K
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Before writing this review I re-read down through all the posts for this year.
These were the posts that helped to determine where my wife and I would spend our Caribbean vacation.
Well, all I can say is that what has been said about Tail Winds by others is spot on accurate!
Rich, the owner, is personable, Mispa and Reynoldo are the two hard working employees who will do anything to help make your stay most enjoyable.
A relaxing aspect of staying at Tail Winds (and on Cat Island) was the feeling of being safe from crime. But always stay aware as anywhere.
Rent a car for a day or two and take a drive "up" South to get a feel for the pace of time on the island.
We made it as far as Old Bight, then stopping for a Kalik or five at Cocktails By The Sea in Arthurs Town on the way back.
A very restful experience and good to meet and get to know the other couples staying there too!
Thank you Rich for realizing your dream in retirement and sharing it with us!

Room Tip: Andy's Cockpit and Flap House are shadier in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend Valerie and I stayed at Tailwinds for 10 days last August.
With the exception of one night, we had the entire resort and beach to ourselves.
Richard was the best host we could've hoped for.
I think we only saw one other group of people walking down the beach the entire stay.
We went diving almost every morning and returned in the afternoon for a siesta, then cocktails and music while we watched the sunset.
It was the most relaxing 10 days I can remember, and Richard was always there to make sure we had everything we needed.
The only reason we won't return next summer is because this was primarily a dive vacation and the diving around Cat Island was average in our opinion.

Stayed: August 2013