“Get lost from the World”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cat Island
Shannas Cove Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cat Island
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My Wife and I just got back from our 3rd trip to Shannas Cove two days ago. If anybody is looking for an update on this place, I'm here to tell you it has not lost a step. Shannas Cove is as beautiful and wonderful as ever. Coming back and seeing Gabi, Frank, Tara, and Mally again was like coming home to family. There is also a new dog as of a week ago to add to the family. Tia. Everyone fell in love with her immediately. When you meet her, you will see just how special she is. Our room and the grounds were spotless as always. I am one that eats strictly because I am hungry but here I looked forward to dinner every night because the meals were so tasty. Bahama Mamas were the drink of choice for us for the week. Oh so good. My wife who very rarely has anything to drink enjoyed one or two every night, that's saying something. Before we came this year, I promised my wife that we would go back to Ireland next year as we have not been in 4 years but by the end of the week we knew we would miss Shannas Cove too much, so guess what, we are already booked again for 2015 and I'm counting the days. I told Frank he will be getting me through another long cold Maine winter with the prospect of returning. If you haven't been here before, one of the best trips you will ever take in your life would be to come to Shannas Cove. If you have already been here at least once, you know there is no better spot in the world. 356 days and counting.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill M
There are newer reviews for Shannas Cove Resort

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were lucky enough to have 8 wonderful nights with Frank & Gabi at this amazing place. We won't repeat what other visitors have already commented on - only to say you can walk for miles on sandy beaches and probably not see any one else; the little bungalows are clean, comfy and roomy. We loved waking up in the morning and just sitting up and see the beach and the wonderful coloured sea. Food was excellent - the best food in our 6 weeks away from home - not just the preparation but the quality of the meat/fish, etc.
The staff are lovely - I cannot find our piece of paper with your names on - sorry - but thank you for looking after us so well and making us feel so welcome.
If you just want simplicity, peace, space, beauty and good food - you will not find better than Shannas Cove on Cat Island.

Room Tip: We had Parrot bungalow - wonderful clear views of the beach, sand and sea.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashton246
Reviewed April 24, 2014

It was my privilege to spend a few nights at this wonderful little resort and restaurant. I went solo and wondered if I'd be lonely. Not a problem. Relaxed easy atmosphere. Beautiful beach. Some walking paths and "secret beaches".
The cottages are very nice. Well appointed and comfortable with a nice sea view porch.
Gabby and Frank, the owners, make this a place you want to come back to as soon as possible. The food is amazing and everyday you can't wait to hear "what's for dinner"!
I'll be back soon!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Judy S
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I went to Shannas Cove last May for the first time. We are going again in 2 weeks. I didn't want to write a review because I don't want everyone to know just how great this place is. I want it all to ourselves! The word is out, but hopefully we have pull now that we are repeat customers!

This place is truly a haven, an escape for adults who truly want to get away from it all and just relax, have fun and have no cares in the world. I'll never forget when we were taken into our bungalow for the first time, the view literally knocked the wind out of me. I was absolutely speechless. Frank and Gabi are the perfect hosts and pour their hearts into ensuring everyone is happy and cared for.

I've said enough. Please don't take our spot at Shannas Cove! We plan to make this a regular trip.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tbanana
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Although we didn't stay at Shanna's, we spent a lot of time there.
Frank took us diving on his boat and we had lunch and dinner there almost every day.
It was a huge surprise to find a place with such incredible food.
We basically had the dive boat to ourselves nearly everyday with Frank diving with us.
Gabi is an incredible host and I can't mention enough how much we enjoyed the food.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2014

my wife and I just returned from our trip at shannas cove. it truly is paradise. very laid back and the owners are great! Frank picked us up at the airport and it is obvious he and his wife are passionate about providing a wonderful experience. the food was unbelievably good. the rooms are very cozy and the property is well maintained. our bungalow looked brand new inside and out. there are very few people around and my wife and I hiked to a secluded beach two days in a row without ever seeing anyone. the staff was great and the other guest were from all over and we had a lot of interesting conversation during dinners. it felt like we were hanging out with our friends only in a tropical paradise. we will definitely be returning! one recommendation I would make is to bring insect repellant. there are tiny biting gnats that can become really annoying but a small price to pay for the vacation of a lifetime.

Room Tip: there are no bad choices of rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tullahoma1003
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were looking for something quiet, private and unique. We got all three and were so impressed. The reviews on have been amazing and this is really how we settled on staying at Shanna's Cove. We can't really contribute anything more to this review other than that we fully agree...
On Cat Island you get a real "old Bahama" feel which is both charming and rare - we've not been to many Caribbean Islands where this is still possible.
The resort is built with all this in mind and encourages a private and friendly atmosphere.
The food served every evening is a set menu and is beautifully and very carefully prepared and is a prix fixe style.
Frank and Gabi give a genuine, heartfelt welcome to each of their guests, and their style is hard to replicate.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
The Ocean Dream Beach Resort
The Ocean Dream Beach Resort
#8 of 10 in Cat Island
Love At First Sight Hotel

Been to Shannas Cove Resort? Share your experiences!