If you’re looking for a swim up bar, all-night clubbing, and endless trinket shopping you might as well rip up that plane ticket, Cat Island is not for you. It is an absolute “get-a-way from it all paradise”! Pigeon Cay, owned by Ned and Leslie is one of the best places we’ve ever stayed! The relaxed atmosphere of the Pigeon Cay, and Cat Island for that matter, is outstanding! Beaches that are out of this world are steps from the front door of the most fantastically funky little cottages. With only 7 cottages it feels like you have the place all to yourself. The staff at Pigeon Cay keep the cottages immaculately clean and the grounds well kept. We checked out a few other resorts on the island and found Pigeon Cay to be the most private, comfortable, and quaint of them all. It truly is the perfect little “beach club”.
I’m willing to bet that any of the negative on here is from people that were just wound too tight and couldn’t let go. Everyone working at the resort as well as everyone we met on the island was extremely friendly and helpful. I suggest renting a car (arranged by Leslie from $75-$100) for a few days of exploring. Bikes, Kayaks, Canoes, snorkel gear all comes free at the resort. Get groceries and liquor when you arrive off the plane because the taxis aren’t metered! If not on too much of a budget, forget the food and groceries and Pigeon Cay has everything you need. Breakfast every morning and dinners every night, but you will need to give them a heads up. Very casual setting at the honor bar……or they’ll just bring dinner to your room!
Bring along some bug spray for the evenings……there are little “no-see-ums” around some nights that will riddle you with bites if you’re out on your private deck, wondering the beach in the evening, or visiting with other guests at the honour bar. The bugs didn’t bother me, but my wife was itching like crazy.
We were thinking when we landed……what are we going to do for 2 weeks!……..but we didn’t even scratch the surface of what we wanted to do here. World Class bonefishing in every flat you see, snorkeling and exploring if you rent a jeep or venture on the bikes. Kayaking, skin boarding, relaxing on the quiet beach with a great book, surfing on the windy days, the Hermitage, caving, the blue hole, offshore fishing, exploring all the small villages and towns and chatting with all the super friendly locals. I could just go on and on about how great this place is……..but think you should just see for yourself if you make it to Cat Island!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pigeon Cay Beach Club consists of 8 cottages on a 3 mile white sand beach. We are located in the Northern part of Cat Island, 7 miles South from Arthur's Town Airport (ATC) 20 miles North of New Bight Airport TBI). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Pigeon Cay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pigeon Cay Beach Club Hotel Cat Island
- Pigeon Cay Beach Club Cat Island, Bahamas