Let me start by saying that this location is on the most beautiful white sand beach that my wife and I have ever seen. The location couldn't be any more spectacular. If you are looking for a secluded, private, gorgeous location, right on the beach, then this is for you.
The hosts/owners, Leslie and Ned, live on the property with their two children and two dogs. I found Leslie to be very nice and helpful and Ned was nice, but comes across as a little bit surely. I preface this with saying we have a dog at home: the dogs here are not the types of dogs that should be at a place where guests are coming and going. They are very territorial and can be heard barking loudly whenever a vehicle pulls up. In fact, the greeting we got when we arrived on the property from the airport was the dogs barking and snarling at us. As a dog owner, I know the difference between friendly inquisitive barking and and aggressiveness. One night, a guest was nipped after returning from dinner.
Also, we were plagued by tiny brown colored ants within our residence. When though we were given something that was supposed to make the ants go away, they still swarmed the kitchen and bathroom areas. All that even though we were extremely careful when cooking and preparing foods, always washing the counter tops, never leaving a crumb. I'm not a fan of chemicals, but I would think some type of treatment would help with these pests. I do expect some bugs, etc...but this was a bit excessive.
The residence e stayed in and others we went into needed a bit of updating, but nothing extremely major.
The food at pigeon cay was okay, not great, but certainly not worth the $40 that was charged for dinner, especially when the dessert consists of two girl scout type cookies and a tiny scoop of ice cream.
Overall, the beauty of pigeon cay outweighs the negatives I mentioned. It is a lovely pristine location, the ocean a step or two from your residence, but with a little bit more attention, this could be an amazing place overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pigeon Cay Beach Club consists of 8 cottages on a 3 mile white sand beach. We are located in the Northern part of Cat Island, 7 miles South from Arthur's Town Airport (ATC) 20 miles North of New Bight Airport TBI). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Pigeon Cay Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pigeon Cay Beach Club Hotel Cat Island
- Pigeon Cay Beach Club Cat Island, Bahamas