I was lucky enough to go to this family run hotel with my own family. It is a little slice of heaven. The staff is incredibly friendly and people are there to help you if you need it, otherwise, you are left alone to enjoy paradise. The food is delicious. I am a relatively picky eater and found ways to accommodate. There is a great morning and evening buffet and a menu for lunch.
We did some day excursions: we rode bikes to a vantage point. It was an easy ride, but bring water, it is easy to get dehydrated. We also kayaked to the "blue hole". I think the kayak there was as beautiful as the hole (not a ton to see in the hole, but really pretty, and there is large contrast between water temperatures). The owners of the hotel packed us a lunch in coolers. It was awesome. The kayak up was the bluest water I have seen in years and it was great to just float with a nice breeze in a pristine environment.
The resort has kayaks you can take out (included in your price), and you can reasonably hire a boat to do some beautiful snorkeling. The owners are a wealth of knowledge and will do anything and everything to accommodate. We celebrated two birthdays while we were there and they made it very special - even baked us a yummy cake.
They have Wi-Fi in the main lounging area for iPads and cel phones (although phone plans for the Bahamas are expensive). This is truly a place to disconnect and enjoy the people around you. Bring lots of sunscreen!
The rooms are incredible! They offer privacy and each room has an outdoor shower. At night you can see the frogs hopping around! The rooms are air conditioned and have small refrigerators and sinks. There is daily maid service to clean and make the beds. Truly first class in presentation.
GO, Relax! You'll have a great time.
1. We went in June, only one day with some overcast, and that was still great.
2. The Bahamian airport "misplaced" our luggage and put it on a different carousel than stated (we've heard this is NOT uncommon). We missed our connecting puddle jumper and missed the first day on Cat Island. I recommend leaving a few hours between your flight from the mainland and the puddle jumper.
3. At the time we went, the owners of the resort told us about a special offer where the Bahamian government was offering of the puddle jumper ticket when you booked in at the resort. Ask about this when you book your hotel. We got our money back on that plane ticket at the end of our stay. How cool is that?!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Fernandez Bay Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fernandez Bay Village Hotel Cat Island
- Fernandez Bay Village Cat Island, Bahamas