Fernandez Bay Village
Pigeon Cay Beach Club(Cat Island)(Great Value!)
$180
Travelocity
$189
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Greenwood Beach Resort(Cat Island)(Great Value!)
$154
$135
  • Pool
Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas(Long Island)
$255
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Orange Creek Inn(Cat Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsshane's shackhonor barbuffet stylepaddle boardinglaid backother guestseco toursea turtlesblue holedinner buffetbaby sharksbeach housesea glass beachfishbeautiful beachfavorite vacationfell in love
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were weary of the Atlantis-Paradise Island experience so we decided to chose one of the outer islands. Cat Island is beyond remote! There are literally two restaurants on the entire island so if you're looking for remote you've found it!

The Fernandez experience is great. We were only able to get away for a few days, but we loved our time at Fernandez. Starting with the friendliness of the staff. They want to get to know you and hear your story. Every night they owners meet in the bar area for cocktails and appetizers talking with all the guests which is a nice aspect. In terms of food, there aren't many options on the island so plan on eating at Fernandez. The food is varied, plentiful, and filling with lots of fish and meat options for the family style meal. Loved dessert! Sometimes I had two... We loved that the bar was an honor bar which gave us an opportunity to make our own cocktails the way we like really playing into the laid back atmosphere. No need to dress up here!

The cottages are very beautiful and I loved the outdoor shower. If you are afraid of bugs though note that critters can get into the room. I shrieked when I saw a beatle in our bed after coming back from dinner!

We loved that we could explore the island using the bikes at the hotel. It made for a fun adventure!

For the price though all in all Fernandez is a great option and we would recommend it to others!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ThereVGoes
Reviewed August 21, 2012

If we could give Fernandez Bay Village ten stars, we would. We had such a wonderful stay here the week before July 4th. It was relaxing and beautiful. We stayed in Shane's shack, which I highly recommend. Waking up in bed to that view can't be beat. We'd considered Bora Bora for our summer vacation, but the travel time would have eaten in to our holiday. Truly, I'm glad we chose Cat Island instead. It wasbreathtakingly beautiful, so quiet and relaxing, and just a couple short plane rides away. We're in our early 30's and for us it was the perfect balance of relaxation, romance, and fun. We met some great people to hang out with at night. This place draws in a great crowd, and even if it didn't Shane and Elissa are pretty awesome. Donna really went out of her way for us arranging a day on the other side of the island. It was great to trip, but almost unecessary considering that during the day we felt like we had the beach completely to ourselves in fernandez bay. The food was very good, the accomodations were rustic chic as we expected. Bugs were my biggest concern, but a little bug spray took care of that. Of course we kayaked to the black hole, rode bikes to the hermatage, snorkeled the little cay, and tried our hand at paddleboarding. It was great, and we'll be back.

3  Thank steph w
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Fernandez Bay Village. My husband and I stayed for a week in July, for our 25th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the coral cottage. From the main office/dining area was a nice walk, didn’t seem so long because you walk along the ocean, but we timed it once and it was about 7 minutes. When we checked in they gave us a small flashlight for walking back to the cottage at night, so you can watch out for the land crabs! Yes, we saw crabs but they seemed more afraid of humans. There are many, many stars in their sky at night – beautiful!

Yes, breakfast was good but pricey. There was a small coffee pot in our room and a small refrigerator. And if you ask, they will take you to the store – we bought beer, soda and a few snacks. Lunch was good, (I recommend the turkey sandwich) and cost less than breakfast depending on what you order. Dinner was always good, buffet style with one seafood dish and one meat dish.

We did rent a car one day, easy to do and nice to see the island. We stopped for lunch at the Bluebird – nice people and good food. Climbed up to see The Hermitage, where there are beautiful views all around. Remember the Bug spray, mainly in the evenings and walking up to The Hermitage.

Loved the beach, the clear blue water was so nice. We lounged on rafts, snorkeled, and kayaked. We brought our own snorkel gear and saw beautiful fish by the rocks.
We did find the “blue hole” Not as easy as it sounds. We just happened on it, when we were about to give up. Apparently there is more than one blue hole, we’ll have to go back☺ and find it. Make sure you bring watershoes as the rocks are very craggy and sharp. We were very lucky the weather was warm and sunny all but one day.

We enjoyed going to dinner and meeting all the other guests. Everyone was very nice – All the employees and guests. We definitely would love to return.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Just returned to the UK after 9 days at FBV. Well worth the long trip - a lovely family break - super staff, food, resort and a great time for a chilled out relaxing holiday away from it all. Just amazing to walk up the beach from our villa for breakfast everyday, and beautiful clear water for snorkeling and Kayaking. We also got a car for a few days to check out the rest of the island, but really, apart from no diving or sailing facilities/equipment, FBV had it all. We did have a great time diving at the Greenwood Inn with Chris - and I'd recommend that too if you want to go diving. Overall a lovely time - we did have one issue with air con not working in one of the bedrooms in our villa, so they let us use the adjacent house too, an not extra cost - very cool.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My now husband and I just returned from Fernandez Bay Village and have already started talking about when/how we can go back. From the moment we walked up the steps to the clubhouse to the second we said goodbye at the airport we felt right at home. When arriving Elissa made every attempt to make my husband and I feel so comfortable which after a long day of traveling was really appreciated. Within seconds of being at the resort our bags were on the floor, our shoes were off and we knew exactly how to get anything we wanted/needed. While staying at Fernande Bay Village my husband and I got married. Prior to the trip I had reservations about getting married so far from home without and family or friends. The second I met Donna and the rest of the staff at FBV all reservations were put to rest. Pam, Tony, Donna, Shane, Elissa, many of the guests and the rest of the staff at FBV made my husband and I feel as if we had family there because we were treated like family. As a young first time bride it is natural to have the feelings of I wish my mother were here, I wish, I wish but we were treated so kind and on such a personal level that I never had those feelings. My wedding was so special, a day that I will cherish forever and it is not because I had the most beautiful backdrop or an amazing dress it is because of Tony, Pam, Shane, Elissa, and Donna. This trip/experience could have easily gone a different direction, however I am so glad I chose FBV as our wedding/honeymoon destination as the staff made it just what I had always dreamed...perfect!!! While staying at FBV Justin and I stayed in the Shane shack which is literally just steps from the water. The water was crystal clear, the weather was perfect and there was plenty of activities to do. When we wanted to relax and lay out we could do that and when we were feeling adventurous we could go kayaking, paddleboarding, and snorkeling. We also went out with Shane on a snorkeling trip to these amazing reefs. Shane was an amazing guide and made us feel very comfortable in the water as have not snorkeled much. We kayaked up the creek and saw stingrays and sea turtles. Many times we were the only ones on the beach and that was an amazing feeling. So many times you find yourself on vacation only to fight crowds, getting up early to make reservations and having little time to actually vacation. Not at FBV. No matter how many guests were there we still felt as if we had the place to ourselves. Days were filled with romantic walks on the beach, soaking up the sun, kayaking, etc and most of that time little/no people were seen and that was amazing. I felt as if the staff was there when you needed them but gave everyone enough distance that you still felt as if you were the only ones there. I really enjoyed dinners as this is when all the guests got together which gave us the social time we needed and even then we never felt as if the place was to crowded. Overall our trip was amazing and it was due to the staff at FBV. Thank you so much for making our wedding day so special and for treating us as if we belonged there. You will forever be in our hearts..we will never forget how special our trip/day was just because of you. Looking forward to coming back ASAP with our little boy so that he can come enjoy this place as much as we did! Thanks FBV for making lifetime memories!!!

1  Thank Rosie R