“My new favorite place”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bimini
Orlando, Florida
“My new favorite place”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We took the mini super fast over on. A Friday a.m. And we're enjoying bimini by2 pm. My husband and I Stayed in a two bedroom townhouse. The back porch face the ocean which was the most beatific shade of blue I have ever seen. The sunsets are to die for. We ate at several places throughout the resort. Our favorite was the lunch buffet inside of the casino. Make sure you try the fish dip anywhere it is offered. The casino had everything a gambler could need table games and new slots. Staff is friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kerri C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Excellent cruise! 2 enthusiastic thumbs up, given from a world class traveler. We traveled the New Year's Eve overnight party cruise, I must say I was very impressed. At first I was a bit skeptic about the cruise after reading all the terrible reviews but they were not entirely true. Truth is that yes I agree that the administrative office is a bit disorganized I booked 2 tickets with a sales rep over the phone and never received the email with the itinerary. It was frustrating and difficult getting in touch with the same agent again, however she did get in touch with me after some hours and apologized deeply and resent me the information staying on the phone with me until I received it. She was even nice enough to give me her personal direct line to get in touch with her if I had any other questions or concerns. Secondly, the address of the location they sent on the email was a bit confusing for they enclosed 2 different addresses, one for the world resort offices, and the other for the actual port where the traveler is suppose to go. The email posted the office address in big bold letters, not specifying that that was the office location and NOT the actual location where we had to go. When we got there the omni parking security officer told us it was the other location so that was annoying, so yes in that sense I can see the disorganization all the reviews were complaining about. However, once we got in there it was "smooth sailing" pun intended. Zero lines, we got right in printed our passes and zipped right thru security. Once we got on the boat it was very clean and well maintained. Guest services were very friendly, welcoming and attentive. The 3 course dinner at the Ponce de Leon restaurant was delicious considering food from a smaller cruise line. I was expecting a crappy menu but surprisingly, they had salads and soups to chose from, and fish, pork, pasta, chicken, and surf n turf for entree. Surf in turf was very delicious!! One free cocktail, and desserts where included with the dinner package. Dinner was only a 20min wait for a table but if you put your name on the list you can go around the boat and do other things and come back to be seated. So that was good. The cost of the booze were very good prices. Also an Excellent waitstaff (pretty much Asian) very hospitable and polite. My boyfriend ordered us a bottle of champagne Cristal Rose it was only $220!! A night club in south beach charges $600 + for the same exact bottle and we had our own private table with an ocean view with breath taking views of the new year firework display! Very memorable experience and we will def be trying the day cruise in the very near future!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Rubylicious83
New Jersey
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I purchased a groupon and livingsocial deal for a group of 5 of us and we had a blast. We choose the day cruise option and had a blast. Next time we plan on staying at the resort because it looks really nice.

It is a short trip but for the price we paid 62.50 and 50 per person it was well worth it. An hour prior to arrival I'd ask where to line up so you can ensure you are off the boat first because you only have a short time on the island upon arriving. We saw some people arguing about having to wait on line. But that is the way of the world. You just have to ask questions and they will tell you exactly where to go. During the cruise they had entertianment dj music games and a casino. For majortity of the ride we layed out on the chairs relaxing because we were still tired from running around the night prior.

There is a shuttle boat that takes you from the cruise boat over to Bimini. Than they have long carts that give you the option to continue to the Resort and casino or to go to Alice Town. I like to hang around locals so I opted for Alice Town. Along the way we stopped for Conch Salad and Khalik which was perfect. Upon reaching the beach area there was a straw market across the street several food vendors and the beach. I have been to the Bahamas several times and had the fried lobster. Which was not as good as I've had in Freeport and in Nassau. But it was still nice to see the area and take the ride over.

We took the shuttle back and one thing I wish I knew was there were showers all the way in the back where the boats and water are. A bigger and cleaner bathroom. Everyone was lining up a tthe bathroom at the bar which wasn't working properly. The bathroom looked brand spanking new and many people didn't go maybe because it was a little bit farther away. But i'm glad I did. Had I known there were showers there I would have also bought a change of clothes. We got back on the boat had drinks at the bar danced to the music a little. I was probably the only one dancing and I love reaggae so when the DJ noticed I was really into the reggae he played me a great playlist. We than when downstairs for a little karaoke. And we were than back in Miami. We had a blast!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ndennifer
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had a blast! We took the day cruise to Bimini. The staff were very friendly and kind. The beach was amazing! The food on the boat was ok. I was not impressed with the food selection at the Leon restaurant. However, the entertainment and drinks were good! It's truly what you make of it. Had a blast and will go again to stay at the resort!

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank shannondigi
florida
Reviewed December 1, 2013

First Bimini Bay is a nice setting with a great marina, a respectable beach and limited restaurants. It's location remote from Alice town seems much more secure. A lot of $ has been spent on this development and it has it's high points and is a worthy destination close to Florida to enjoy as long as your expectations are not too high.

On my recent visit I tried the new Casino and on it's surface it appeared to be a good potential attraction that may help the resort. Unfortunately my experience at Black Jack soured my expectations. I was playing at the $25.00 chip table and just about breaking even when I clearly passed on another card for my hand. My friends heard and saw the pass. When I objected to the additional card I was lectured on table etiquette by a surly maiden pit boss. I don't know if it was lack of training but be assured the "customer is not right here". They admonished me for not being clear, thus blaming me for the error. A classy establishment would have offered me a refund , apologized for the misunderstanding and re-dealt the hand. unfortunately this is not a classy operation. I left the table and I will not return to this Casino. I feel badly for Bimini Bay they should expect better from this tenant.

3 Thank beckett1
usa
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I'll start out by saying that we are all hotel and restaurant managers in south beach. We purchased our groupon for a round trip cruise with RWB and a one night stay in Bimini. That was the only easy and painless part of this experience. It took us over a week of calling and emails to make our reservation ( we purchased 6 packages for 12 of us) we finally got through to them and booked for November 24th (Sunday) and returning on Monday the 25th of November. That was done on October 20. Today November 20th, just 4 days before our group was to leave we decided to call to reconfirm our reservations.. This is the great part! I was told by about the rudest young man i have ever spoken with that RWBIMINI no longer sails on Mondays or for that matter Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday. He said that I should have gotten an email last week. We all 12 people never received anything! To make a long story short, we are not going on our cruise. I tried to ask him for alternatives and basically was told that we could leave Saturday. I tried to explain that we are in the hospitality industry and that was impossible to do. We have planned this for a month and all 12 of us had painstakingly requested our time off and so on. What really gets me is that none of us had been contacted at anytime. Had I not called to confirm there would have been 12 people on Sunday at 7am standing at port of Miami and with no trip!!! This company is a joke. They have No concept of guest service or professionalism. We are now forced to call groupon and try to fight for our money back because RWBIMINI redeemed our vouchers! Again for a trip that doesn't exist! I can only tell you.... PLEASE DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT GIVING THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY, and much less your vacation time which is precious. There are plenty of other options in south Florida. You have been humbly warned.

24 Thank truthaboutthings
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 17, 2013

A group of my friends and I booked a day trip this past Saturday. We arrived at the dock early and quickly passed the check in process. The staff was fantastic and we proceeded to our cabin, which was very clean. Soon we went to breakfast ($10.00) and found a good selection of items. We departed to Bimini a little after 9am and arrived there at 12:30. Tenders took a while to load all passengers. We got to the island at 1:15 and headed to the beach. Purchased lunch and took a short dip in the ocean since we had to head back to the ship by 3:30. Transport to and from beach was very good. Once we arrived back on the ship we had dinner (15.00), and it was great. My only concern is the debarkation process and the fact that there's not much time to spend on the island. The debarkation process is too long. All the staff went out of their way to make our day cruise an exciting experience. I would definitely recommend it just to get away for a day.

1 Thank Maggie519
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#4 of 23 in Andros

Been to Resorts World Bimini? Share your experiences!