“Casino not helping the struggling Bimini bay”

Resorts World Bimini
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bimini
Reviewed December 1, 2013

First Bimini Bay is a nice setting with a great marina, a respectable beach and limited restaurants. It's location remote from Alice town seems much more secure. A lot of $ has been spent on this development and it has it's high points and is a worthy destination close to Florida to enjoy as long as your expectations are not too high.

On my recent visit I tried the new Casino and on it's surface it appeared to be a good potential attraction that may help the resort. Unfortunately my experience at Black Jack soured my expectations. I was playing at the $25.00 chip table and just about breaking even when I clearly passed on another card for my hand. My friends heard and saw the pass. When I objected to the additional card I was lectured on table etiquette by a surly maiden pit boss. I don't know if it was lack of training but be assured the "customer is not right here". They admonished me for not being clear, thus blaming me for the error. A classy establishment would have offered me a refund , apologized for the misunderstanding and re-dealt the hand. unfortunately this is not a classy operation. I left the table and I will not return to this Casino. I feel badly for Bimini Bay they should expect better from this tenant.

3  Thank beckett1

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I'll start out by saying that we are all hotel and restaurant managers in south beach. We purchased our groupon for a round trip cruise with RWB and a one night stay in Bimini. That was the only easy and painless part of this experience. It took us over a week of calling and emails to make our reservation ( we purchased 6 packages for 12 of us) we finally got through to them and booked for November 24th (Sunday) and returning on Monday the 25th of November. That was done on October 20. Today November 20th, just 4 days before our group was to leave we decided to call to reconfirm our reservations.. This is the great part! I was told by about the rudest young man i have ever spoken with that RWBIMINI no longer sails on Mondays or for that matter Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday. He said that I should have gotten an email last week. We all 12 people never received anything! To make a long story short, we are not going on our cruise. I tried to ask him for alternatives and basically was told that we could leave Saturday. I tried to explain that we are in the hospitality industry and that was impossible to do. We have planned this for a month and all 12 of us had painstakingly requested our time off and so on. What really gets me is that none of us had been contacted at anytime. Had I not called to confirm there would have been 12 people on Sunday at 7am standing at port of Miami and with no trip!!! This company is a joke. They have No concept of guest service or professionalism. We are now forced to call groupon and try to fight for our money back because RWBIMINI redeemed our vouchers! Again for a trip that doesn't exist! I can only tell you.... PLEASE DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT GIVING THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY, and much less your vacation time which is precious. There are plenty of other options in south Florida. You have been humbly warned.

24  Thank truthaboutthings
Reviewed November 17, 2013

A group of my friends and I booked a day trip this past Saturday. We arrived at the dock early and quickly passed the check in process. The staff was fantastic and we proceeded to our cabin, which was very clean. Soon we went to breakfast ($10.00) and found a good selection of items. We departed to Bimini a little after 9am and arrived there at 12:30. Tenders took a while to load all passengers. We got to the island at 1:15 and headed to the beach. Purchased lunch and took a short dip in the ocean since we had to head back to the ship by 3:30. Transport to and from beach was very good. Once we arrived back on the ship we had dinner (15.00), and it was great. My only concern is the debarkation process and the fact that there's not much time to spend on the island. The debarkation process is too long. All the staff went out of their way to make our day cruise an exciting experience. I would definitely recommend it just to get away for a day.

1  Thank Maggie519
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My stay at Bimini Bay was excellent with my family. Beautiful sunset, clean, spacious two bedroom, safe and very personable. Transportation was a wonderful experience to travel around the Island by (golf-cart). Our plans to return will be soon with a few more family members and preferably during the Easter Holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms are very large, elegant and unique, over looking a large balcony and beautiful view of sunset...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jonice J
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple we were traveling with, took the day cruise to the Bahamas offered by this resort. After reading bad reviews we were a little hesitant, but it was a great price and let you spend a few hours in the Bahamas, so we thought we would give it a shot. We were glad we did! All in all, we had a great time. Yes, the time you have on the beach is somewhat short (we had a little over 2 hours) and the food and beverages are a bit overpriced. The resort is still being built, so if you are going for glamour this isn't the place to go. However, if you enjoy time on the water and swimming in gorgeous blue water, this is a fun day trip. Make the boat ride part of the fun - the four of us found deck chairs and enjoyed the boat trip in as well as the boat trip back, sipping drinks and enjoying the view. While there are still some kinks to be worked out, this was fun and we would do it again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank StaceNDan
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Bimini Bay Resort aka Resorts World is the perfect getaway....I don't recommend the one day trip until they get the pier built in Bimini. It's a lot of traveling and lines for a very short period of time on the island. Instead, spend the night...the resort is very relaxing and extremely laid back. However, this place isn't for everyone...if you are high maintenance, looking for the five star look else where...if you are looking to relax, take in your surroundings have some good food and drinks then I highly recommend it. The rooms are all updated, very clean and from what I can see they all have great views of the water...Rent a golf cart, it's necessary and tons of fun to get around. Explore outside of the resort there are some amazing spots to see, and lots of tasty food to try...the conch salad is outstanding. The resort itself has enough to keep you busy, great infinity pool area, casino and beach, beach, beach. Try the snorkeling or kayaking the water is amazing, don't forget your under water camera....

Room Tip: I can't imagine getting a bad room in the place, I would request a second floor condo versus the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2013Kissy
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our group went on 10/13/13. We got a suite and a regular cabin. Suite was old..smelly and to make things worse the A/C was not working...they had a floor fan, that should have been a signal. They claimed that all suites came with floor fans...really???
We paid $200 for a suite that had no working A/C !! It took over 1 hour to find a manager to agree to refund us the $$.The food was bad, looked like old distressed inventory. The ferry trip to the Island was a real pain going and coming back. too slow and packed to the gills with people some were standing...so much for safety!! we ate at the Ponce de Leon dinning room, the food was bad and the service???....what service. The Island part was ok. for the money we paid we could have chartered a nice cabin cruiser without all the drama. Once we got back to Port in Miami we waited for over 2 1/2 hours to clear customs. save your money and sanity and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
12  Thank travel m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
#2 of 23 in Andros
Ocean Pearl Bonefish Resort
Ocean Pearl Bonefish Resort
#9 of 13 in Freeport

Been to Resorts World Bimini? Share your experiences!