“Great Day Trip”

Resorts World Bimini
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bimini
Reviewed November 17, 2013

A group of my friends and I booked a day trip this past Saturday. We arrived at the dock early and quickly passed the check in process. The staff was fantastic and we proceeded to our cabin, which was very clean. Soon we went to breakfast ($10.00) and found a good selection of items. We departed to Bimini a little after 9am and arrived there at 12:30. Tenders took a while to load all passengers. We got to the island at 1:15 and headed to the beach. Purchased lunch and took a short dip in the ocean since we had to head back to the ship by 3:30. Transport to and from beach was very good. Once we arrived back on the ship we had dinner (15.00), and it was great. My only concern is the debarkation process and the fact that there's not much time to spend on the island. The debarkation process is too long. All the staff went out of their way to make our day cruise an exciting experience. I would definitely recommend it just to get away for a day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maggie519
There are newer reviews for Resorts World Bimini

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My stay at Bimini Bay was excellent with my family. Beautiful sunset, clean, spacious two bedroom, safe and very personable. Transportation was a wonderful experience to travel around the Island by (golf-cart). Our plans to return will be soon with a few more family members and preferably during the Easter Holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms are very large, elegant and unique, over looking a large balcony and beautiful view of sunset...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jonice J
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple we were traveling with, took the day cruise to the Bahamas offered by this resort. After reading bad reviews we were a little hesitant, but it was a great price and let you spend a few hours in the Bahamas, so we thought we would give it a shot. We were glad we did! All in all, we had a great time. Yes, the time you have on the beach is somewhat short (we had a little over 2 hours) and the food and beverages are a bit overpriced. The resort is still being built, so if you are going for glamour this isn't the place to go. However, if you enjoy time on the water and swimming in gorgeous blue water, this is a fun day trip. Make the boat ride part of the fun - the four of us found deck chairs and enjoyed the boat trip in as well as the boat trip back, sipping drinks and enjoying the view. While there are still some kinks to be worked out, this was fun and we would do it again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank StaceNDan
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Bimini Bay Resort aka Resorts World is the perfect getaway....I don't recommend the one day trip until they get the pier built in Bimini. It's a lot of traveling and lines for a very short period of time on the island. Instead, spend the night...the resort is very relaxing and extremely laid back. However, this place isn't for everyone...if you are high maintenance, looking for the five star look else where...if you are looking to relax, take in your surroundings have some good food and drinks then I highly recommend it. The rooms are all updated, very clean and from what I can see they all have great views of the water...Rent a golf cart, it's necessary and tons of fun to get around. Explore outside of the resort there are some amazing spots to see, and lots of tasty food to try...the conch salad is outstanding. The resort itself has enough to keep you busy, great infinity pool area, casino and beach, beach, beach. Try the snorkeling or kayaking the water is amazing, don't forget your under water camera....

Room Tip: I can't imagine getting a bad room in the place, I would request a second floor condo versus the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2013Kissy
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our group went on 10/13/13. We got a suite and a regular cabin. Suite was old..smelly and to make things worse the A/C was not working...they had a floor fan, that should have been a signal. They claimed that all suites came with floor fans...really???
We paid $200 for a suite that had no working A/C !! It took over 1 hour to find a manager to agree to refund us the $$.The food was bad, looked like old distressed inventory. The ferry trip to the Island was a real pain going and coming back. too slow and packed to the gills with people some were standing...so much for safety!! we ate at the Ponce de Leon dinning room, the food was bad and the service???....what service. The Island part was ok. for the money we paid we could have chartered a nice cabin cruiser without all the drama. Once we got back to Port in Miami we waited for over 2 1/2 hours to clear customs. save your money and sanity and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
12  Thank travel m
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have seen terrible reviews for Resort World Bimini one day cruise to Bimini and I think the reviews are overly crucial. Firstly, a friend of mine proposed the idea of going to Bimini on a one day cruise. We gathered friends and 20 of us met at Port of Miami one Sunday morning. I was pleased with the pick up service from the garage to the terminal and check in was smooth.

The vessel looks very nice, an older vessel that was reburnished. We upgraded and paid $5.00 each for breakfast in their dining room area. Breakfast is free and served upstairs. Breakfast was buffet and I enjoyed it. I also paid $40 for an inside cabin (which I really didn't need). As we set off to Bimini, I danced, played games and went in the casino.

Departing from the vessel is a long wait, I will admit. We are taken upon a medium size boat, then to Bimini. We are also given free water and a wet towel to wipe our faces.

Upon arrival on Bimini we rented a golf cart and went to eat at the local restaurants. We enjoyed driving on Alice Town and the locals are very friendly. Yes, the time went by quickly and we needed to head back to the port. Again, we went back on the medium boat then the bigger vessel.

I upgraded dinner for $10.00 each and it was worth it. I went back into the casino, walked around and before you knew it, we were back.

My suggestions are:
1. Pack a lot of patience but, you can stay on Bimini, which I intend to, when I return.
2. Go with fun family and friends, we had a ball. Drinks were 2 for $10.00.
3. Be realistic in your expectations. Why would a one day cruise take you to Bimini for hours, they want you to have a taste and come back.
4. Don't be so crucial. I went on a Sunday, and knowing I had work in the morning, I was a little stressed trying to get off the vessel.
5. Once the port is completed, this one day cruise will be fantastic
6. My sole complaint is with customer service in Miami. No one answers the phones, leave a message and no one returns the calls.
7. Yes, I would go back, for the price, the experience and Bimini has the most beautiful water, I have ever seen. Being from Jamaica, it's hard admitting that.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank annmich04
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Took the day trip with a friend for our birthdays, and let's just say we weren't disappointed. We got to the Port first thing, and embarkation was a breeze. Once on the boat, we went to our room to put our things away. Piece of advice for anyone traveling -- get a room to store your bags as we saw lots of folks having to carry their bags with them everywhere. After dropping off the bags in the room, we went to Deck 10 for continental breakfast. Yes, you can purchase the buffet for $5, but I am not much of a breakfast person anyway.

Once we set sail, we had a blast on Deck 10. There was music trivia, as well as dancing going on. Next thing you know, you're there! The tender ride over wasn't bad at all. Yes, it takes time to get people on the tender, but if you've ever cruised before and had to take a tender, you are used to it. Short tender ride over, and you're at the resort. We opted for the beach, so we jumped on the tram and found our way there. (There is supposed to be a beautiful pool somewhere on the resort grounds, but I am perfectly fine with the ocean!) If you're hungry, have the ribs -- they were awesome!

Time was up and we had to head back to the boat. Again, complain all you want about the tender, but they tell you straight out that the tender departs at 3:50PM; please don't blame someone if you get back to the tender at 3:30 and have to wait until 3:50 to get leave. After arriving back on the boat, you have three options for dinner -- Deck 10 (free) and a $10 option and a $20 option. Wasn't all that hungry, so went with Deck 10 and had a burger and fries.

Got back to Miami around 7:15-ish. Wasn't able to get off the boat until 8:30 due to Customs. This was in no way the fault of the boat -- blame Customs as they only had two people working. The Customs guy told us that some people were complaining that there was no AC in the casino where everyone was lined up. I don't now where anyone else was, but I was in the casino waiting and I was cold. Once we arrived, before Customs cleared us to exit the ship, an announcement was made telling people to please not line up and wait in the casino as even though there is AC, the machines are still on and can make the room warm. Apparently, no one listened and packed into one side of the casino (I was on the opposite side and was fine).

All in all, it was a great trip. I will definitely do this again, but I plan to stay a night or two next time around! The staff was very professional and couldn't be nicer!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank midwestgal2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#2 of 23 in Andros

Been to Resorts World Bimini? Share your experiences!