I wanted a quick, easy dive getaway for my daughter, her boyfriend, and myself. We span all levels of experience with my 1000+, my daughter's solid 50+, and her BF's desire to "check it out" with a resort course. Beth Watson of Neal Watson's Undersea Adventure recommended a quick hop from Miami over to Bimini Sands and it turned out to be perfect for us. Originally we checked into flying over but ended up making the crossing with the Bimini SuperFast cruise ship our of Port of Miami. Not only was it a blast but it was almost half the price had we flown. The ship was very clean, the service incredibly attentive, and the ongoing buffet included. At the time of our trip, they had onboard immigration & customs which allowed us to get dropped off from the tender (no deep water wharf yet) at Government Dock. A quick pick-up by the water taxi over to South Bimini, a couple of minutes in the van, and we were at Bimini Sands. Our unit was a nicely furnished 2 bedroom with a loft on the marina (unit 7H) just a short walk to the Petite Conch Restaurant and the on property store. Even closer was the new infinity pool blending into the ocean where the kids spent lots of their time. A few minutes away by golf cart or courtesy bus is the Beach Club which offers fine dining at Bimini Twist (I was told the best on the island) and Mackey's Sand Bar for a cold Kalik and great bar fare. In my years of dive travel my daughter and I have used Neal Watson's Undersea Adventure before and this trip was a pleasure. From the very thorough resort course given to the BF to the 40 foot dive boat picking us up right behind our unit the personal service was what we have come to expect from them. Although the best diving around Bimini is known to be towards the south, Neal Jr. was more than happy to make the cruise to the north end when the kids wanted to snorkel with the dolphins. Other highlights included snorkeling with the stingrays, Lionfish tacos, and enjoying the peace of South Bimini. When we went to the hustle/bustle of Bimini Bay on the north end to catch the tender for our cruise back home we knew that we had made the right choice with Bimini Sands. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the other side of Bimini! Bimini Sands Just 50 miles from Florida, Bimini Sands is a boater's paradise! Our deep water marina and beach front condos are perfect for a tropical getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Bimini Sands Resort and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bimini Sands Resort And Marina Hotel Bimini
- Bimini Sands Resort And Marina Bahamas