“Gilrs Fun Time”
other travelers have booked this property
View Master Suite Master Suite
Master Suite
Master Living Room
Dinner
Second Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

theresabi...
South Miami, Florida
“Gilrs Fun Time”
Reviewed March 5, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We have been to Bimini many times & never stayed on Quite South Bimini.We had a Deserted Beach all weekend. Us 4 Girls had the Best Time snorkeling with Jemma & Doug, we caught our Dinner.Jemma gave us a Tour of North & South Bimini we enjoyed the pool at the Hilton. We ate Lobster every night!! Special Thanks to Jemma

Alan O
“Best Vacation!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

Best vacation getaway we have had ever! My fiance and I had been looking to get away from the fast pace life here in the city n hit the reset button. I must say this vacation was perfect. We have stayed at multiple B&B but I must say Doug was an over the top excellent host. From the time we arived to the unfortunate day we had to depart Doug was amazing. A true local. He took us on an incredible snorkeling adventure during the day. We were able to spear hog fish which Doug used to cook us an amazing dinner. For breakfast we woke up to amazing apple pancakes they where to die for. I highly recommend booking this vacation you will not regret it.

Your age range 25-34
Gary F
Punta Gorda ,fla.
“Love to Dive & Fish!”
Reviewed February 14, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Stayed with the host Douglas, He knows the waters SO well, Diving 5 minutes from the house! Fishing from the dock and the bank that is 5 minutes away by the golf cart. Douglas is Excellent, cooking local style. You can't get it fresher than this! Beautiful, Very little noise, not real crowded. Great if you like to enjoy nature without being bothered. I will be back!

Bergen, Norway
“Days in paradise”
Reviewed February 13, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

I keep coming back for a week once a year since 2014 and will keep that tradition.

Everyday is a day in paradise while staying at this wonderful charming Bahamian haven.
Staying at Douglas it's more like a home stay as he welcomes you with open arms into his house. His house has a native Bahamian charm and you will be assimilated into the culture of Bimini by the time you leave. From the house you have ocean view from every window which gives a 360º connection with nature both with the relaxing green vegetation near the house as well with the wonderful blue waters a few meters away.
Every morning Dougie makes a delicious breakfast. He will take you snorkeling in pristine warm crystal clear waters filled with colourful fish and for those who want to try spear fishing this is part of the activities. Dougie will make sure of evenings dining on fresh sea food including Hog fish, Conch, Lobster and Snapper.
This property is a short golf cart ride to amazing beaches and marinas as well as a 2-minute ferry ride to North Bimini.
You just need to know that island life is a slow pace where to truly relax. I highly recommend it.
I personally prefer visiting during winter time between November-February as the weather is just perfect for me, about 22-26 ºC (74-80ºF) with light breeze and most of the days with wonderful sun perfect for outdoor activities.

Your age range 25-34
Lauren R
“bare-bones accommodations, not what I expected”
Reviewed January 23, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

I do not take pleasure in writing bad things about a person's business, but folks who are considering this spot as a getaway deserve some honesty before making their decision. I get that reviewers were taken in by Doug's friendliness, but there are laid back hosts, and then there are hosts like Doug, who use their “laid back” attitude as a justification for their complete lack of basic hospitality. It's not fair to charge guests a nightly rate higher than most hotels in Bimini, but also expect them to temper their expectations to the level of crashing at a friend’s house.

The room, and the house in general, was just plain filthy- cobwebs on the window sills, stained bathroom towels, creepy stained couches, grimy kitchen, you get the picture. The “drinking water” in the house smelled strongly of sewage, and the only convenience store on South Bimini didn’t have bottled water, so we spent our first day on the beach completely parched. Though “potable water” isn’t listed as an amenity, it’s something I assumed would be made available. The water in the shower (which we were told to use sparsely) also smelled potently of rotten eggs. I grew up visiting Bimini, and this isn’t standard on the island. The golf cart that was supposed to be included in the nightly fee had a broken battery. Doug casually warned us that it could not go far distances and that "if it starts slowing down, head home cause it could leave you stranded."

It's also worth noting that South Bimini itself is pretty dead these days. Before Bimini Sands closed down there were at least a few bars and restaurants, but unfortunately now there is absolutely nothing to do, especially at night. That being said, the beaches are absolutely perfect.

Part of the reason I booked this stay was because of the raving reviews about Doug's cooking skills. I did not go in expecting a 5 course gourmet meal, but I did expect to be impressed. Dinner ended up being just ok, some boiled lobster tails that he admitted were undersized (aka illegal) and baked potato with butter, neither item was seasoned, and he had no napkins, not exactly what I expected based on the reviews. Doug also invited three of his friends to join us for dinner, and joked to them that they should thank us because we paid for the meal. Haha, funny. Breakfast was aunt jemima pancakes and syrup. He may have cooked delicious meals for his guests in the past, but he clearly didn’t feel like lifting a finger for us.

Despite all of this, before telling the rest of the story I’d like to preface that throughout our entire stay we did not once complain or act dissatisfied. We were there to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and really tried to go with the flow and enjoy our time. We were polite to Doug, listened to him talk about himself, had good conversation with his friends, dealt with the broken golf cart, and drank the stinky water in stride.

However, on our second day, after taking the “snorkeling trip” which consisted of about half an hour of swimming right off shore, we decided to head to North Bimini for the day. We ended up at the Resorts World Casino and decided we may want to stay and party there for the night, so we emailed Doug to politely give him the heads up that we MAY not be back until early morning. When we arrived back to our room early in the morning, we found 3 strangers still in their party dresses sleeping in our bed, and all of our belongings scattered around the room. It turns out that Doug let his friends crash in the room we had rented, because, you know, he’s so cool and easy going. Not only did I feel ripped off, but I couldn’t even rest up, shower and change before my flight because the strangers would not leave the room even when we made it quite obvious we wanted them to. The next day after giving it some thought I emailed Doug and, in the nicest way possible, requested a refund for that night. His reply was smug, and contained below-the-belt personal insults. He refused the partial refund, citing that "most hotels require 24 hour cancellation notice", ignoring the fact that the very reason I was asking for a refund was because I did NOT cancel my room, and he let people stay in it anyway.

Given all of the good reviews, I assume that at some point Doug has been a great host. Unfortunately, that was not at all my experience. I booked here instead of at a hotel on North Bimini because I was hoping for a more interesting adventure, and as they say, one should be careful what they wish for.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
“Real island life ”
Reviewed December 17, 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

Booked a week and immersed ourselves into the slow rhythm of the bohemian lifestyle. From spearing fresh lobster right off the island to cruising around to the beach on a golf cart. Place even has a nice little rooftop sunning area or star watching. The owner knows everyone on the island and has a vast knowledge of the history of this beautiful little gem. Recommend this place if you want to get a taste of the real deal.

A TripAdvisor Member
“A Beautiful Taste of the Good Life! A great off-the-beaten path B&B you have to try!”
Reviewed December 8, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband and I went to Bimini, Bahamas for our 6 year anniversary. We stayed a portion of the time at the brand new Hilton on North Bimini, which was beautiful, but very pricey ($16 a drink!). For the other part of our stay we stayed at Bimini Magical Vacation B&B, or Doug's place as we got to know him very well (one of the owners.) The B&B was AMAZING and Doug was a great guide!
It's on South Bimini Island, which is a beautiful secluded portion of Bimini that doesn't have cars (only golf carts) and is surrounded by white beaches & turquoise waters. The house was great and reminded me of a magical tree house on a deserted island. So much solitude and relaxation, which is exactly what we needed.
Doug started by making us lobster for breakfast, which was oh so good. The waters around Bimini are full of lobster, so you'll be sure to have lobster several times during your stay. He then took us out snorkeling, which was awesome. We saw nurse sharks, an eel, and tons of fish. We also each dove down and caught/ picked up our own conch. So cool! We then got back to the B&B and Doug chopped open the ones we made and made us a delicious fresh cracked conch right then! It all felt like a little escape into paradise.
I highly recommend heading to the Bimini Magical Vacation B&B for your vacation. You not only get great accommodations, but you get a personal guide to tell you all about the beautiful island of Bimini, the people, the culture, and all of the local dives and places to go in Bimini. Thank you, Doug! You made our vacation truly memorable. We hope to see you again someday. :-)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The secluded island and our guide, Doug!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing