“AMAZING”

Bimini Water Sports
Ranked #9 of 17 things to do in Bimini
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Beauty of Bimini with Bimini Water Sports. We offer fishing charter, Kiteboarding, Yoga, Kayaks, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Bare Boat Rentals, Captained Boat Rentals, Shark Feeds, Sting Ray Feeds, Angler kayaking and snorkeling tours. Come and visit us at the Bimini Big Game Club on North Bimini.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Without having rented a boat from Bimini Water sports , this trip would not have been the same.. We had Vinvello as our captain and he was the best.. He might even win the award for being the only native in the island that provides such excellent service. He was so attentive and took us to the best places around. Helped us provide a solution to anything we reuqired or requested.. Summer who also works there was great! If your looking for excursions or rentals .. this place is it!

1  Thank jennifer a
There are newer reviews for Bimini Water Sports

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the opportunity to spend the day at Bimini Bahamas. The ferry boat ride is a bit rough, a lot of people got sea sick, I am fortunate not to get motion sickness. Customs was not an easy task either, they did were not well organized, needless to say I was a bit disappointed to start with. Once out of the boat the the charm of island living is everywhere. You get around on golf carts on the only two main roads of this 7 mile island. The beaches are beautiful and untouched, filled with sea shells, the ones you normally buy as souvenirs littered all over the sand, clear waters filled with sea life. You can swim with the dolphins in the wild, swim with the sharks, no problem, hand feed the stingrays, deep sea fishing like I have not seen before. Conch is for you to eat, fried, grilled and any other way you can imagine. I personally loved it there, but it is not a place for everyone. I will definitely return for more island adventures.

1  Thank CONCIERE_NAVIGATOR
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Three experienced snorkelers spent four hours exploring five major snorkel sites; Sapora, Turtle Island, Three Sisters Islands, plane wreck, and Bimini Road with Vincello guding. We saw a shark, baracuda, lion fish, rays, and beautiful fish. Vincello is an experienced guide who safely led to these sites and assisted entry and exit from the water. Glorious day in beautiful blue water! To finish a great day, Vincello cooked us a wonderful Bimini meal that night!

3  Thank Antonette T
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am a 31 man with a wife and eight-year old daughter who, in no uncertain terms, fought for our lives during the worst kayaking trip ever. I asked Summer before we went out to check to tide chart and let me know if it was ok to go kayaking. She assured me everything was Perfect and we would have a great time. She brought her two employees along to be our guides through the mangroves. Once we were on our way, we were told, "The wind a current will be against you until we get to the other side of the mangroves, then the current will bring you to the Big Game Club with ease." However, once we hit the apex of the trip, the tide had gone out and the water was no more than six-inches deep. We had to walk and drag the kayaks for THREE MILES through the flats. Then, once we got to deeper water, the current and wind had shifted and were against us, at 6 knots. Summer never came to help, never called on the radio, never moved her boat. She sat at the dock doing Lord knows what (p.s. you can see five miles in the distance and could clearly see we were struggling). I had to pull my double kayak with my wife's attached to mine in order to paddle faster than the current. I had nothing physically left when we finally reached the boat channel. Luckily, our guide flagged down a passing Zodiac boat who came to our aid. Summer sat and watched.

Once I reached the dock, Summer told me she was "So Sorry" for what we went through and would give us a BIG discount. Instead of charging me $240 for this never-ending nightmare, she would only charge me $200! SERIOUSLY! By the way, her own website lists the charge as $150! What a rip-off. This was, without question, the worst experience on the island.

If you want to do any water sport activities, go to Bimini Sands on South Bimini. Their prices are 30-50% lower than Bimini Water Sports and their people are highly professional.

16  Thank Dan S
Summer F, Manager at Bimini Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dan,
I am sorry about your trip. I had given you a discount because of the conditions that had changed and you were already misinformed about the price before you even went out on the tour. The tide was a factor yes, and the wind was forecast to be consistently out of the North east, however it shifted, as unpredictable Caribbean weather does, and ended up coming out of the south west while you were out, something completely out of anyone's control. Occupied on the dock, helping other people, no one could come out and reach you. By the time a boat was ready to be launched you had already gotten a ride back with a boat.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Although Bimini is known for its fishing throughout the world, our snorkeling experience was world class! Summer and Chris from Bimini Water Sports are very knowledgable, personable, and friendly guides. Summer swam with us identifying fish along the way. She took us to a ship wreck, where we actually were able to swim through and around the ship. We enjoyed seeing numerous fish species. Summer lead the way sharing her knowledge of various fish and coral sitings as we swam around Three Sister Rocks. The last site was a coral reef loaded with fish. We have chartered private boats with guilds many times, but this was by far the best experience ever.

3  Thank Michele D