“Went for 2 weeks and already yearn to go back.”
Review of WildQuest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bimini
WildQuest
Reviewed July 29, 2013

It never gets old! The firest time the dolphin show up - no matter how many times you have experienced it, it is still MAGICAL. This is my 5th trip to Wildquest, and the forst time I stayed for 2 weeks. If it was not good, trust me, I would not go back.
Spending 2 weeks was amazing and allowed me a more relaxed experience, both with the dolphins and knowing that I had an entire weekend to bum around the island. I got to do everything I wanted and then some.
Wildquest is the perfect venue for experiencing dolphins in the wild. The staff is caring, attentive, skilled, and just downright wonderful. The crew took such good care of me when I got seasick the first day out - a first for me. You can just feel that you matter. They are adept at handling all levels of swimmers, from those who are mermaids to the more tentative. They make sure that everyone gets to experience the beauty of the close encounter with the dolphins. Each and every staff member is special in their own way. Make time if you can for some amazing bodywork! The food that Tara prepares is magnificent and you cn taste the love in every bite. This is not a resort, more an eco-tourism retreat with meditation offered for those who want to participate. Expect to pitch in with the dishes, but it will add to your connection with your fellow travelers.
You will enjoy every minute and make new friends for life.
I truly hope to go again next year. It revives my spirit and makes my soul sing! Go - you will not regret it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TigerlilyDolphinGal

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Wildquest is the most professional conscious minded tour group I have ever had the honor to been a part of. They are a fun team who love what they do. Their passion is felt in every part of what they offer. The staff were present and attentive and safety is their first priority. The facilities are clean and beautiful. It was worth every penny spent. The experience of being with free dolphins (NOT CAPTIVE) is the ONLY way to go! This trip changed my life. I will for sure return. Hands down the best progam out there!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lucia H
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spending a week at Wildquest is like being on another planet - away from all the stresses of life, and into a place where you soak up love, peace and a beautiful energy that goes beyond description. But, don't be fooled into thinking this is just a retreat for 'new age' people - there is plenty of fun to be had with dancing on the boat, scrumptious gourmet dinners and opportunities to kayak, do yoga, ride a bike around town for some shopping, skinny dipping in the ocean under the moonlight, etc. The beauty of it is that it can be whatever trip you want it to be - a meditative inner journey, or a chance to meet great new friends, experience laughter and live in community with beautiful people. I have experienced both while there on many trips, both alone, with my daughter (now 17) and with friends. The dolphins are the icing on the cake, and seeing them in the wild and interacting with them are experiences that will never be forgotten. The trip should be on everyone's bucket list.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are available for a small upgrade fee and are definitely worth it, although I don...
1  Thank Marianne M
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Have you ever wanted to completely destress and release all that no longer serves? To go deep within your soul where only peace resonates, where you awaken to who you were meant to be? Step for a moment into the bliss of what was discovered in this amazing sanctuary in BIMINI, BAHAMAS called WildQuest.... Beauty, serenity, peace, safety, sacredness, transformation, awakening, remembering, releasing, enlightenment, tears of joy and those of release, meeting as strangers but leaving as forever friends. Crystal clear turquoise blue water, white sandy beaches, breathtaking sunrises and sunsets, life-nourishing meals, amazing sailing, world-class snorkelling, and the most precious gift of swimming in harmony with the wild dolphins, up close and personal... Optional Yoga, meditations, energy work, group activities and so much more. Many have come here year after year, sometimes numerous times per year! This almost all-inclusive vacation is cost effective and worth way more than you can ever imagine. I am already planning next years trip!!!

Room Tip: There are benefits to each room but I personally prefer the ones with the ocean view! Step out your...
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Swimming with the dolphins in their natural environment was an amazingly uplifting experience. I found myself awed by their interest in us and their willingness to connect and interact. I so appreciate the non-intrusive approach of Wildquest in that we are guests in the dolphins' ocean home and we wait to see if the dolphins want to interact with us. They were very willing almost every time.
Another amazing experience was visiting the underwater Bimini Road made up of large rectangular limestone blocks. Some think it is part of the lost city of Atlantis. In any case, it is fascinating to see.
Wildquest is well-organized and seems to have the perfect place for everything. It made our lives so simple, for example, our snorkel equipment remained on the boat so that at leaving time we just brought ourselves and our towels and off we went.
Meals were beautifully prepared and so delicious and we were always so ready for them!
The Wildquest staff were always available, helpful and informative. They were such an integral part of our wonderful experience.
We purchased the DVD that is made of our group's time in Bimini and we are so glad we did. We've been having so much fun sharing it with our friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SugandhaL
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Need to sort-out the everyday mental junk from the quality, inner you? Worthless mental chatter be gone! Come to WildQuest, & let the dolphin magic heal your soul & spirit. Find your inner peace. Dolphins heal in amazing ways..........physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. A week in the dolphin world will change you in ways you never imagined. So much love; so much healing; wonderful crew; so many like-minded friends to share in your experiences. You will learn that life is beautiful, & meant to be enjoyed! Let the dolphins show you how.

Room Tip: I like Rooms A or B because they are near the kitchen. That way I can watch Tara create fabulous ve...
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I’m addressing my comments to those uninitiated in the realm of the Meditation/Mystical Journey vacation circuit. On the surface, the website seems to portray Wild Quest as simply an opportunity to encounter dolphins in their natural habitat, enjoy healthy food and partake in yoga or a massage if you wish. There is more to this, however-there are discussions of WQ’s philosophy which could be perceived as New Agey or verging on the pseudo-religious. There may also occur what is termed The Loving Circle which could be seen as an opportunity for members of the “pod” to open their hearts and share their feelings with others or as an Oprahesque group therapy session. While WQ states in their website that nothing is mandatory, they do attach both the philosophical talk and Loving Circle to vital information sessions for pod members. Sure, you can get up in front of the entire pod that is gathered in a circle and walk out. No one is stopping you but realize, the power of group dynamics will be at work. Just a heads-up.

It’s wise to remember WQ’s phrase from the website “we love to share this passion with like-minded people". Indeed, most people are like-minded being either returning pod members or regular followers with this sort of vacation circuit. They love this sort of thing-evidently WQ and their ilk are filling some need in people. You may feel like an alien in the midst of this or you may discover that your needs are being addressed, too.

Some thoughts:
>Consider leaving your electronic devices at home. It was my observation was that service can be spotty. Probably the most common gripe heard was that folks couldn’t connect with the internet and get their emails. Disconnect and you’ll be happier.

>The head chef and assistants do a fine job preparing good, simple and healthy food. Dedicated carnivores may find the selection and quantity sparse but really, there was a good variety of different things that will fill you. Folks who want sodas and alcohol will need to purchase them from one of the small markets nearby.

> I strongly urge you to consider if you are fair-skinned that you buy a rash guard. It’s a suit of thin, clingy material that will keep you from getting badly sunburned. You can slather on all the sun block you want but if you spend a lot of time in the water, you’ll have to keep coming back to the boat to renew. We had mainly cloudy to high haze skies and people were getting toasted.

>A big long towel is nice to wrap around yourself if you chilled after being out in the water for a long time and the wind has picked up.

>The rooms are simple and large. Our beds were very comfortable. Everything in the bathroom was in good shape and worked. The air conditioner was more than adequate. Earplugs are not a bad idea as the fan is a bit noisy.

>The crew was very kind to my wife who became queasy in 3-6 ft waves. She went into the back of the boat to lie down and they covered her up with a big towel and gave her peppermint oil on a paper towel to inhale.

>You are best advised to bring cash for crew tips, rentals, the supper on the South Island and any other purchases as the island is pretty much a cash-only economy.

>Take a day off and explore the island. The islanders are by and large uncommonly friendly-it is not unusual to be walking down the street and be greeted by most. Hang a left out the front gate and walk the string of villages: Porgy Bay (where you live), Bailey Town and Alice Town. It won’t be unusual to come across goats wandering around. Visit the Dolphin House in Alice Town. Since 1993, Ashley Saunders has adorned the façade and interior of this combination hotel, museum and gift shop with salvaged items. Mr Saunders is also the Island Historian and a fount of facts about Bimini. Go further up the hill past the museum to the Kings Highway and you will be treated to a wonderful view of the beach and ocean that photographs will never do justice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
13  Thank J K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina
Resorts World Bimini
Resorts World Bimini
#4 of 6 in Bimini
Andros Beach Club
Andros Beach Club
#1 of 23 in Andros

Been to WildQuest? Share your experiences!