“Just WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of WildQuest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bimini
WildQuest
Memphis, Tennessee
“Just WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Wildquest went far beyond my expectations. Extremely well organized. Yummy healthy foods. And honestly, fantastic crew, loving travelers, amazing dolphin swims & snorkels with tropical fish. For the first time in my life, this regular meditator & yoga practitioner experienced "being in the present". Where no other thoughts were invading my mind.
Absolute beautiful bliss.
And I have been missing swimming in the gorgeous multi-shaded blue ocean of Bimini ever since. Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Wildquest is much more than just a place you stay and make vacation. It is a save place to switch off your normal environment and think about what life is really about. Joy! Fun! Happyness! Love! WIldquest is an experience thanks to Amals, Atmo, Atosch, Sudi, Tara, Vejan, Chatherine and Sukama.
It is a magical place, not only because of the dolphins we saw almost every day. It is the island, the place and the crew that makes the stay exceptionell. Accommodation is quite simple, thanks that there was no TV :-) but clean and nothing is missing and the cuisine was exeptionell good.
I had 5 days to recover from stressful work and studies and came back totally transformed and relaxed.

The little films on the homepage and youtube describe the best what to expect from wildquest.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground with seaview are very nice, however the rooms without seaview ar as big. Th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Maja1968
Napa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

My lone Journey to Bimini was 15 years in the making. Worth the wait. I traveled back in July 2011 and to this date, every single day, I close my eyes and I am there. As you look at the beautiful photos and the wonderful reviews, Nothing, I mean NOTHING, can capture in words or photos what you experience with your eyes and feel in your soul. I will forever be grateful to all the beautiful people whom share this journey with us! (the wildquest staff) they just understand, and "THEY" get it......To the Beautiful people whom I meet and have a bond with now because of this journey..... and the remarkable, gentle, happy, fun, smart, intuitive Creatures that shared their blue sea with me. FOREVER INTERNAL HAPPINESS- to Wildquest.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
N S Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I traveled to WildQuest in June of 2012. Was that really 7 months ago? How is it that when I close my eyes I can instantly return to a place, a moment of my choosing there? Everything about this experience is truly magical and life altering. My life continues to change because of this experience. It was an awakening and I'll never be the same.
There isn't one staff member at WildQuest that is there for any other reason than they absolutely love what they do. They thank their guests wholeheartedly for coming because, as they put it, it is because guests come that enables them to live the life of their dreams.
Every possible hour that can be spent with the dolphins is, so if you plan to do some daytime exploration of the island you should arrive early or leave late. We had a day that we couldn't go out due to weather and we spent it exploring. The people are all truly awesome and you will meet some wonderful characters.
The food there is out of this world delicious! The rooms are clean and spacious and all that is required when your purpose there is to spend time with the dolphins. It is so wonderful to live in true dolphin world for a week where everything has been "dolphinized".
We saw dolphins every day we went out with the exception of the first afternoon when we first arrived. I can still just close my eyes and return there at any given moment throughout my day. Dolphins everywhere, to the left to the right, right under my toes. Sitting on the front of the catamaran with our legs dangling and with the action of the boat thrusting our feet into the water, I lifted my legs on several occasions for fear of hitting the dolphins with my toes.
Swimming with them is just icing on the cake. If for some reason you are apprehensive about this, trust that you won't be pressured to do so and that you will still have the time of your life. If you require some special assistance to overcome fears it will be lovingly administered. Staff there is all about making this THE best experience possible.
I was worried before I committed to this trip about how I would feel if for some reason I didn't get to see any dolphins. Let's just put it out there - there is the possibility, however remote, and the reason that we would only consider THIS kind of particular dolphin encounter is because we know that the alternative, seeing them in captivity, is animal cruelty at its worst. I can honestly say with conviction that this trip would still have been a worthwhile one without a single dolphin sighting( don't get me wrong, I would have been disappointed but still would have walked away a different person). Our people pod was camaraderie at its finest and we all still keep in touch via facebook, emails and phone calls. I have never been enveloped with so much love. ♥ It is probably akin to fond childhood memories of summer camps that you may have attended.
The host for our trip was Sierra ( divinedolphin.com ) She hosts an annual Summer Solstice week with WildQuest and is one of the most awespiring people you will ever meet ! She's been swimming with dolphins for 26 years now and I haven't been able to confirm this scientifically but I secretly think that she may actually BE one ;)
If you can't handle the intense experience of looking into the eyes of the Creator than skip this trip. If you don't want your life to change in immeasurable ways, than skip this trip. If you yearn to connect with the universe and the exceptional earthlings in it and can handle reliving an experience long after it is over than don't hesitate ..... BOOK NOW!
ANY questions, don't hesitate to ask - I could talk dolphin all day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank orcasinger
Salisbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I don't usually write reviews but there is such an overwhelming bias toward this company I felt I had to offer some balance for prospective travelers.

THE GOOD

The experience of swimming with the dolphins was wonderful, magical, and enjoyable for many reasons. This company does know where and how to find/attract pods of dolphins. The ocean is beautiful, clear, warm and magical.

The retreat center is remote and tranquil. Fresh food is abundant. The accommodations are **mostly** clean.

THE BAD

Because this is a land-based retreat, you will spend anywhere from 3 - 6 hours on the boat getting to and from the dolphin grounds and very little time actually seeing or swimming with dolphins.

If you are prone to getting seasick best come prepared. The waves and water can be very rough and being out on the boat for 6+ hours at a time, there is little to no relief. The staff does little to inform, help prepare, or comfort guests who get sick (many) other than throw a bucket your way.

Guests are strongly discouraged from carrying anything more than the tiniest tote bag aboard the boat, yet the discomfort of foul/cool weather was a problem. While the staff broke out jackets, sweatshirts, wool hats and long pants to keep warm and dry the paying guests were allowed nothing more than t-shirts and towels to shiver beneath. There is plenty of room aboard the boat to accommodate a backpack for paying guests should they need warm/dry protective clothes but this was not "allowed."

The guest room was large but needed something more comfortable than plastic melamine chairs to sit on and a flimsy snack table. The bathroom was tiny and if you are a large person (like me) you will be miserable.

There were bugs everywhere in the room and when the staff was asked about it they acted like they'd never heard such a thing before, nor did they offer to investigate or remedy the problem. However, another guest was immediately accompanied by the same staff member with a spray bottle of pesticide, so clearly this is an ongoing problem.

The island is very poor and with it comes the trash and vagrancy they are unavoidable. If you are bothered by this, you should expect to stay within the boundaries of the retreat center or choose a different vacation spot.

THE UGLY

It is not emphasized enough that accommodations are primitive. Running water was a luxury when more than 20 people returned from the boat each day wanting showers all at one time. There was literally NO water. When water was actually running, hot water was non-existent about 1/2 the time. Towels, crusty and stale from daily use, were never changed the entire week, even when requested.

While assured again and again that special dietary requirements are easily and happily met, the staff was unapproachable, rude, and inflexible when asked about modifications that were assured. They have a preset menu plan and refuse to make or provide anything different.

In spite of the fact that the slogan for this company is "One World, One Pod" they do not practice what they preach. The staff is very unfriendly, very clique-y, and unapproachable. The female owner is stiff, controlling and was actually quite rude while out on the boat yelling at several guests as they got on and off the boat.

It took all week, but most of the staff finally did come around on the last day acting very smiley and friendly --- the owner, when she broke out her products for sale and the rest of the staff when the tip box came out.

The waters of Bimini and the dolphin within are indeed beautiful and magical. But this company is grossly overrated. I strongly recommend finding a different company if you want a well-rounded, stress-free, enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
20 Thank Noanta D
Amlassi, Manager at WildQuest, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We are very happy that you found our retreat center tranquil and you experienced the magic with the dolphins! This is why we are here!

We don't really know how to respond to your review, as in the 15 years we have been taking people to swim with dolphins we have not had any feedback like this, neither on trip advisor nor personally. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was so very different. We are also sorry that you did not feel able to talk to any one of the 8 members of our team while you were here with us, which would have given us a chance to deal with these issues at the time. We are all very passionate about our work and we have never heard before that we are unapproachable or that we ignore the needs of the participants, nor that we fail to look after the people in a caring manner.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you privately and look forward to hearing from you via email if you so wish. Everyone who has been to WildQuest has my personal e mail address - or do write to our reservations office and Arlyne will forward your mail directly to me.
Floyd, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

There is nothing about my experience that could have been better. I was with WildQuest in November 2012 and had a life changing experience. The WildQuest accommodations were simple and welcoming; the food was healthy and lovingly prepared; and the staff were always friendly and helpful.

It is hard to describe the magic of being in the water with the dolphins. Their playful, loving presence is infectious and will make you laugh and cry and marvel at the miracle of life. Amlas, Atmo and crew offer an experience I wish I could share with everyone I love. It is that transformational and special.

If you are looking for a meaningful, loving, nourishing vacation this is it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I’ve been to Wildquest in April/May 2012. As I am not an esoteric person and also travelling as a single I was wondering how I would get along with the group. Well, it was wonderful. The members of the team are warm-hearted and humorous people who made me feel at home very soon - and so did the members of my groups. Most of them were pretty esoteric people but not in a dogmatic sense. So I was soon feeling very well in my „pod“. There was much laughing, dancing (!) and also sharing of personal experiences and emotions. But if you didn’t feel like sharing - as me at first - this was also absolutely respected.

I had a room in the side building facing the garden. It was large, simple, not especially cosy and without room service. The bathroom could have needed a little bit of an update. But the mattress of the large bed was very good providing a good sleep. And usually you do not spend much time in the room – except you stay over the weekend as I did. So all together the room was a little bit below my expectations. But this was by far compensated by the great team, the good atmosphere, the delicious food, the very good organization, the pod and of course the dolphins …

Coming from Europe - and knowing that there might be a week in which it is not possible to swim with the dolphins - I decided to book two weeks. Now I would recommend this to everyone who has a long way to travel to Bimini because in our second week swimming with the dolphins was possible only on the very last day – and only thanks to a special effort by the WildQuest staff. They pulled us on a rope through the water so that we could keep up with the dolphins. The staff is the very experienced, cautious and aware of what's going on in and above the water. I always felt very safe when getting into the water.

Except for one day we met dolphins every day. They were playing very close around the boat which was very nice to look at. Swimming with them for a longer time was possible on three days during the two weeks. On one day it was for more than two hours ! On two or three more days we got into the water but could not follow the dolphins because they were moving too fast.

So far the sober facts. But how was it like to swim with dolphins emotionally? Overwhelming! I will never forget those moments when the dolphins came so close to me that we were looking directly into each others eyes. Old eyes, young eyes - friendly eyes. Heart moving also the moment when a group of dolphins passed underneath me and a little one first looked at me over mom's shoulder and then - while approching - turned to its side to not lose eye contact with me.

Afterwards I thought what is the essence of happiness for me? I think it has much to do with the experience of becoming one. Becoming one with a group, a person, nature, with music while dancing and - of course - becoming one with these wonderful dolphins ...

One pod, one world - yes, that's it! Thank you so much to everyone at Wildquest and to all my pod members!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Meinhard H
Amlassi, Manager at WildQuest, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely review Meinhard. I hope you are having a loving and fun holiday season. Atmo and I are in Florida now and I am missing Bimini and the dolphins already. Thank you for mentioning the rooms and the bathrooms. Of course things are a little different on Bimini in that it is difficult to get things to the island. We are working on getting the rooms a little cozier, and the bathrooms a little updated. If you have any specific ideas I would love to hear them! And thank you for linking the essence of happiness with connection - we are moving away from fear and isolation into connection and love. I experience this as the message of the dolphins. So - One World - One Pod! I look forward to seeing you again! with love. Amlas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#3 of 23 in Andros

Been to WildQuest? Share your experiences!