“Wild Quest is the BEST!!!”
Review of WildQuest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bimini
WildQuest
Reviewed June 20, 2011

For the past three years, I've brought a group to Wild Quest to swim with wild dolphins. This is an outstanding organization, with happy and helpful staff, fantastic food, great rooms, and an excellent record of finding and interacting with wild dolphins. I have had many of my participants tell me that this was THE trip of their life. The catamaran that you go out to find dolphins on is large and comfy with good shade areas. The resort is clean and well cared for, is right on the water, and a gorgeous swimming beach is less than one block away. I highly recommend Wild Quest for their excellent service, programs and facility. It's absolutely the BEST!!

Room Tip: You can ask for a water view room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank marygetten

Reviewed June 20, 2011

If it is a dream of you to swim with free dolphins under real fair and friendly circumstances. Here it is. Wildquest at Bimini. We will come there this year the eight time. What more to say? I love the people of Wildquest. I love the warm and shallow water. And the dolphins there are really, really free and very interested in interactions.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lifetrust
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Swimming with dolphins in the wild is a dream come true. Surreal is the word used by one of my fellow travellers in the group. And it is. Words cannot describe the feelings I experienced in the warm Caribbean ocean while playful dolphins swam underneath my belly. They were so close I could have reached out to touch them.

The Wildquest retreat is a gentle place to come and heal. Even if you don't need to. Time is forgotten, lost, so it seems as we thoroughly enjoy the moment, meet new friends and learn interesting healing techniques (i.e. dolphin breath).

This is not a luxury hotel. You make your own bed or leave it unmade - your choice. There is a mini fridge in your room and the staff provide a jug of fresh drinking water, which you refill when you need to. Next door is a corner store for those who want to buy soft drinks, candy bars, or whatever. Kitchen help is required three times in your week-long stay. At first I thought this might be tedius, but really we developed more of a rapport over washing dishes. It was actually fun!

It's very safe here and I only locked my door when we were out on the catamaran for the day.

The catamaran is a fun boat for ocean sailing. We saw clear waters under the netting at the front of the boat, flying fish as we sailed over the sparkling waters, and dolphins of course. They came right up to the boat blowing water at us and showing off their dives.
Watch out for choppy seas, however, sometimes the water is rough. Better to take a day on shore if you have a weak stomach. Although the crew will not go out in overly rough water. Safety is paramount and the crew respect the ocean's moods.

Meals are good. The cook is excellent! No, you won't get a rib steak or a glass of wine, but there is an opportunity for that on the Wednesday night out. One night a week, everyone goes into town for dinner. It was a fun evening with a local band and a popular dance floor. For those who do enjoy a drink before dinner, there is a bar just steps away from the Retreat, so go ahead, sip a rum punch and then come back and enjoy the healthful food "buffet style" at the Retreat.

This was my second trip, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I cannot say enough about the staff, from the cook to the captain and everyone in between, they are the best! No worries, just come and enjoy, but do bring a hat and sunscreen - the Caribbean sun is strong.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank wendywillow
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We came for the dolphin experience, and to be sure swimming with the dolphins was definitely one of the highlights of the trip, but the total Wildquest experience is so much more than this!

Every aspect of our stay reflected the quality of consciousness, care, and professional attention to detail that combine to make this one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

Be sure to get a massage or energy work treatment.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a massage or energy work treatment
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NeillG
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Words can't really describe it, but I'll do my best…

We have traveled quite extensively and we live in San Diego, California one of the most beautiful places in the world, but oh my God this place is unbelievable. Not only did the place look like a picture postcard that you think must've been Photoshopped–with the water 12 shades of crystal-clear blue, White Sands and beautiful colorful buildings, but the was water 82°, and the air temperature almost perfect. And that's just what you got when you stepped off the plane.

Then there was Wild Quest… The couple who run this place and the crew they hire were all so kind, caring, fun loving and joyful. It wasn't stated, but it was hard to miss that their intention was that everyone, I mean everyone had an experience that would last them a lifetime. And we did!

I'm not a very good swimmer and I was concerned that I would miss out in some way. But that was not the case at all. Members of the crew took such care and time with me that not only did they help me learn to navigate with my fins so I felt comfortable, but when I was tired they even helped me swim out to the Dolphins, so I could experience them fully.

I came for the Dolphins… And don't get me wrong, swimming with dolphins is probably the most phenomenal experience I've had in a long time, but this "vacation" was so much more.

Like I said words just don't do this trip justice. You must experience it for yourself. So do it, I promise you won't be sorry

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beth60750
Reviewed June 16, 2011

In June 2009 I visited WildQuest for the first time... and after 2 years of wanting to go back every single day, I made it happen once again and went for 2 weeks in June 2011! People from all walks of life go there for many different reasons altogether, and many are return visitors also... and this for a reason!

This is a wilderness retreat and therefore not for just anyone. If you are expecting a luxury all-inclusive resort with people serving you, this is not for you! This is a 'family-like' environment, like a little community: we take turns doing the dishes, eat together as a group, and spend the day together becoming a human pod for the week. Yoga, different forms of meditation or breathing sessions are offered every morning before going out on the boat, delicious home-made meals are made by their live-in chef, and sharing circles are offered too for whoever wants to join. Of course, you can choose to participate as much or as little as you wish! At WildQuest, nothing is forced and it is completely free of any judgment whatsoever. Around 11:00am every day, DolphinQuest (their beautiful 42ft catamaran) sets sail for the entire day on the quest to find, you guessed it, dolphins! Being a wilderness retreat, everything is left up to nature with the highest respect. This is a non-invasive experience, explaining very clearly to everyone that the weather and the dolphins are out of their control and also making everyone understand that we are guests in their home! Nothing is done to attract or keep the dolphins nearby, and if they are not interested in us, it must be respected.

The entire crew is absolutely amazing and they work extremely hard to make sure everyone is safe and having a good time! Amlas and Atmo (the owners) are wonderful people and really have something precious going on there: It is quite magical! Long-lasting friendships are made here in such a short time with everyone including the staff, and the connections are incredible! This is a very peaceful, loving, safe, and harmonious place to go to, set on a tiny little island only 45 miles away from the coast of Florida, yet feels like another world!

There is a reason why people return (the last week I was there, only 4 out of 18 were first-timers)... just proves how magical, special, uplifting and beautiful this experience is! Yes, the dolphins are amazing... but they are simply an added bonus to what really happens at Wildquest. Everything done there is a reflection of what dolphins represent and without this awareness, the staff, the environment, the seclusion, and the deep connections, it would not be nearly as wonderful as it is!

It is a gift to oneself to go there, whatever the reason may be... and must be experienced to completely understand it, because it is simply beyond words...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Soulfulimages
Reviewed June 14, 2011

It had been a long time dream of mine to swim with dolphins in the wild. I had one of the most profound experiences of my life! Not only is there something truly amazing about making eye contact with dolphins in the warm, clear waters of Bimini, but the whole combination of practicing yoga, meditation, healthy eating with it is truly extraordinary. The staff are welcoming, kind, compassionate leaders who demonstrate such a love and respect for dolphins and the people visiting the retreat, encouraging us to see how and why they've devoted their life to this work. I am returning again this year and intend to return every year. This is truly an experience that has the power to change your life! If you feel a calling towards going.... I say GO!!!!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank MicheleSBrown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bimini
Hilton At Resorts World Bimini
0 mi away
Andros Beach Club
Andros Beach Club
#1 of 23 in Andros

Been to WildQuest? Share your experiences!