“Changes in Latitudes ...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andros
Seascape Inn, Andros
Ranked #1 of 5 Andros B&B and Inns
Chappell, Nebraska
“Changes in Latitudes ...”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from ‘our honeymoon’ at Seascape Inn. We had a charming little cabana/cabin with a never ending view of the ocean. We enjoyed a quiet four days as there were no other guests and we had the entire place to ourselves. We were able to walk the beach, snorkel in some blue holes, ride funky, but fun bicycles, do a little sea kayaking as well as lounge on chairs sipping cool drinks in the ocean breeze. Joan and Mickey were enjoyable hosts and the food Joan prepared was delicious (hoping for a cookbook someday). They were both quite helpful with taxis, travel issues, locals who made baskets and hats as well as finding a wonderful woman to ‘braid’ my hair, island style. The Seascape Inn is not a classy over-priced resort, but a quaint and rustic get-away where hermit crabs busy themselves under the coconut trees and afternoon thunderstorms bring color changes to the sky and water. The whole time I was there I felt as though Jimmy Buffet would appear ... and he does once in awhile at the Mangrove Cay Club. Bring lots of sunscreen and/or aloe/lavendar oil for sunburn as the sun is powerful; bring some OFF as there are mosquitoes and no see’ums; and I suggest riding a bike daily to the nearby pharmacy for bottled water as the tap water has a very strong mineral, bitter taste. They do offer internet though for us it was intermittent on the beach or in our cabin. The best reception was in the dining area, but internet ‘conversations’ were discouraged (even though our children were home dealing with the results of nearby tornados/flooding). Overall, the Seascape Inn was a unique destination experience that offered us exactly what we were looking for as an ‘out island’ vacation with privacy, beauty, activities, and relaxation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YahuliAni
swainsdog, Owner at Seascape Inn, Andros, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay as we certainly enjoyed meeting you both. I’m sure that everyone at home loved your braids and the handmade gifts you brought home.

As for the internet we’re sorry you were having trouble connecting. We do ask that wireless devices not be used in the dining room/bar area as we use range extenders so that internet access is available throughout the property including in the cabanas. The majority of our guests have applauded that decision as it provides a more relaxing experience. Having said that, we did not know that you were unable to connect. If we had known we would have done everything possible to resolve the issue. It could have been a weather related problem (as sometimes happens), a problem with our service provider or even your service provider but please know that we would never deny our guests the option of using our phone to call home – no matter the reason. As you had mentioned speaking with your family, receiving e-mail from your daughter, uploading pictures to Facebook and even being friended by the person who did your braids we thought everything was fine.

We hope you enjoyed your few hours in Nassau prior to heading back home & that your no more bad weather comes your way.

All the best to you both -

Joan
Co-Owner
Seascape Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
USA
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Seascape is a lovely inn right on the crystal clear ocean, surrounded by swaying coconut palms, fuchsia bougainvillea and a host of other tropical plantings. Our cabana was just steps from the ocean and was just perfect. It had everything we needed, including a nice selection of paper backs. It was absolutely spotless and the attention to detail even in making the bed is beyond compare. Mickey and Joan saw to our every need and helped accommodate our special requests, including a bone fishing guide, snorkeling the reef, a special bourbon and wine, finding local crafts, conch, taxi, etc. We enjoyed their hospitality and can't wait to go back some time soon. Seascape is also a great value; their room, food and beverage prices are very fair. We loved the rugged, natural feel of Andros and enjoyed being off the beaten path. We are still dreaming of Joan's banana daiquiris and all of the delicious meals . . .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wenatchee, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I had never been to the Bahamas and this seemed like an authentic experience. It was in spades. If you need fancy there are other options.. If you're looking for comfort, kindness, great food, quiet, and relaxation - this is the place. Joan and Mickey are exactly as others describe , and we quickly felt like part of the gang. They fixed me up with a wonderful fishing guide, and I checked bonefish on a fly off my bucket list. Didn't have as much luck with fish wading out front, but I have lots to learn, and perhaps more fish a bit later (we were there first week of March). Loved the funky bikes and easy touring. Loved the lunches Joan packed for fishing days. Loved the gin and tonics and Kaliks in the evening. Fun other guests. Nothing fancy. Just great. We absolutely can't wait to go back - with family and/or friends to share this magic place. I dream a lot about wading the flats... :)

Room Tip: We had deluxe room with sitting area in front. Didn't really need that but liked the queen bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed January 19, 2013

yes and I mean this.....staying with Joan and Mickey at the Seascape INN in Andros put me back to a time of growing up with grandma and grandpa next door and living in an intact family....the feeling of staying there was truly family....from the lovely flowers tucked into washcloths and curtains by Portia to the friendly nudge that dinner was of your choosing.....whether it be Mickey's wonderful BBQ ribs or outstanding crab cakes.....his specialty dessert Grand Marnier Chocolate Cloud or his ever delicious homemade ice cream and by all means insist he make lots of the white chocolate coconut....yum yum.....and of course Joan is the most gracious hostess of all and now may I add a lifelong friend....she is more accommodating than most anyone I have ever met and the smile upon her face will warm even a bit chilly morn....all this said the Inn itself is great....the small compact cottage to the excellent trips arranged by Joan and Mickey...very laid back and no push about anything...even their 4 dogs take up the same attitude...the entire island of Andros is wonderful and engaging....so much to be said for family, friends and fun...a lifestyle we should all emulate....at least for a fraction of our lives....I highly recommend this Inn, this island and this experience to bring you back to what is important in life and believe me YOU will figure that out once you are back home......love you Joan and Mickey....Magoo, Dot, Bernie and BB

Room Tip: far south room (where I stayed) had backdrop of palms, birds and nature....excellent choice for that...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
upstate ny
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Seascape Inn may not be right for everyone, but for my husband and I, it was very close to perfect! The first morning of our stay (7 nights) we asked about walking on the beach. Mickey said we could walk about 1 1/2 miles in one direction; 2 1/2 miles in the other direction. Over the course of our week's stay (12/8-12/15) we did both walks and never encountered another person. We honestly felt as if we had 4 miles of white sand, clear water and blue sky all to ourselves. It doesn't get much better than this.
The accommodations were comfortable, the food was great, the drinks were reasonable. We took the kayaks out one morning (didn't find a blue hole, but did enjoy the exercise); took the bikes out 3 or 4 times. We walked/waded to 3 other blue holes and enjoyed snorkling over them a couple of times. Most of all, we sat on the beach reading and relaxing.
As others have stated, there is not much of a night life on the island, but that isn't what we were looking for. We had only one meal away from Seascape and it was a disappointment. Joan's breakfasts were amazing, Mickey's dinners were great (especially the fresh grouper and the chicken schnitzel). One morning we were out riding bikes and saw Mickey returning to the inn on his bike. He held up a bag and told us he had fresh grouper from the dock for our dinner. Our final bill was less than we expected, so we felt we got a lot for our money.
The personal attention was exceptional. I had a luggage problem (wrong bag picked up in Nassau/brought to Mangrove Cay). Joan was extremely helpful by making phone calls, etc. and got everything sorted out within 24 hrs. Considering my bag had to be shipped from Nassau, the wrong bag returned via Flamingo Air, etc. there were a lot of places where things could have gotten messed up. Fortunately, Joan knew the right people to contact at the Mangrove Cay Airport, so things were resolved without incident. When Mickey heard I liked a particular brand of whiskey, he made sure to go to the island liquor store and get an extra bottle on hand.
The week we spent was the most relaxing and casual vacation we have ever taken. I think Mickey and Joan have perfected the art of "inn keeping".

Room Tip: We had the deluxe (?) room with the extra sitting room space. It was right in the middle, and seeme...
1 Thank upstateny
Mentor, Minnesota
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My Wife and I just returned from a short stay at the Seascape Inn - 4 nights - we had such an awesome time! We just wanted a place to get away from it all -- and the Seascape Inn fit the bill! It is right on the ocean - -- always a beautiful view - you can do kayaking, snorkel - or just sit and peacefully read your kindle! Joan and Mickey are the perfect hosts - accommodating and extremely knowledgeable of the Island. Again - a really great place - wonderful rooms and the meals were just excellent!

Room Tip: Sorry - there is no fitness center- but I cannot seem to change the answer to that!! Don't want...
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I just returned from spending 5 days at the Seascape Inn and we were not disappointed. We chose the inn after reading many of the reviews here. We were able to enjoy a beautiful spot in the Bahamas away from the big hotels and crowds of Nassau. This is the place if you are looking to relax, snorkel or explore the island on the cruiser bikes.
Joan and Mickey are extremely friendly and helpful host that will answer all your questions, recommend local places to eat, and put you in contact with bonefishing guides. All of our meals were excellent and always accompanied by freshly baked bread.
This is definitely a place we’ll keep in mind and hope to return one day!!!
Thank you Mickey and Joan for our awesome vacation.