“Seaescape ideal for enjoying the sea and the birds of the Bahamas!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andros
Seascape Inn, Andros
Ranked #1 of 5 Andros B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Seaescape ideal for enjoying the sea and the birds of the Bahamas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Mickey and Joan run the Seascape Inn as perfect hosts, friendly and helpful but unobtrusive and very laidback. Their cabins offer all the conveniences you need for a beach vacation, but the setting on the beach is the biggest draw. Within wading distance (at low tide) or swimming/kayaking (at high tide) of several blue holes teeming with sealife, the Seascape porvides amazing snorkeling opportunities as well as beachcombing, kayaking and swimming. But we are avid birdwatchers, and the Seascape is one of the nicest places we have been in the Caribbean for seeing lots of great birds, including rare endemics. The small off shore island turns out to be an evening rookery for hundreds of herons, egrets, spoonbills, stilts and other wading birds that are found in abundance around the Seascape Inn. You can spend you evening on the beach (with cold beer in hand) watching all the birds flock to the island while the resident osprey family flies up and down the beach on their evening hunt. Morning strolls to the mangrove at the entrance to Seascape provide up close views of all these birds plus the resident kestrels and migratory warblers, Bahamaian orioles and other rare birds. Walks up and down the neighboring roads are also birdwatching turf, with only the rare cars driving by, all with friendly residents waving to you. We also enjoyed riding the bikes Joan and Mickey provide to explore farther afield, with various types of habitats available on the cay for more avian variety. We saw the somewhat rare and elusive Great Lizard cuckoo on a morning stroll up the electric line road, about a mile inshore from the coast.

And then there is the food. Joan makes fresh baked everything, with 3 different types of pasties/breads just for breakfast to accompany all the fresh fruit. Lunches and dinners are always varied and can cover the gamuts from lobster, to crabcakes, to BBQ ribs to to steaks to chicken marinated in mango sauce. Mickey's many culinary specialties include a fabulous white wine sauce. If you can find the room, the desserts are also not to be missed! We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderfully relaxing visit to the Seascape Inn on Andros Cay in early January 2012. We were looking for something "low-key" where he could fish and I could enjoy some beach time to re-charge after the holidays. The weather turned out to be quite cool, but I guess that's the risk of traveling in January. We thorougly enjoyed the Seascape Inn - Mickey and Joan are such friendly and gracious hosts and wonderful cooks - we felt like we were staying with family! We looked forward to the fresh fruit and home-baked goodies every morning for breakfast (and we missed that once we were back home!). The personalized service made our visit even more special - from fresh flowers in the bathroom every day to the special lobster dinner Mickey cooked up on request for our last night.
The island was even quieter than we expected, but we were fine with that. We met several friendly locals and it seemed as if we were the only visitors that week.
We look forward to visiting Seascape Inn again and hopefully will have some warmer weather next time and maybe even better luck with those elusive bonefish!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

If you are looking for someplace you do not want to leave; if that someplace needs to be peacful and quiet; if it need to have beaches with solitude; if it needs to have not too many people; if you want to have a comfortable cabanna; if it needs to have a great host and hostess (Mickey and Joan); and most of all; if it needs to have truly unbelievable food; then YOU NEED to check this place out. My wife and I were there from Christmas Eve to New Years eve of 2011 and it blew us away.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

I wanted a "get away from it all" vacation on the beach and ended up at the Seascape Inn after some searching. My trip to Joan and Mickey's was just what the doctor ordered. They were very kind and helpful. The cottages were clean and cozy. The beach was utterly relaxing.

Andros cay is not what you would call "bustling" but Mickey and Joan's bar, and their advice on where to get a bite to eat, where to bike, where to snorkel, and what sites to see allowed me to fill my non-lounging-in-the-hammock-on-the-beach time with whatever activity I wanted. Not only that, but the comfy, well-stocked bar filled with friendly pups was a great hang-out. The ring game is more addictive than it should be. The no-electronics policy in the bar is a welcome treat, and Joan's daiquiris are dee-licious.

Some helpful advice would be to make sure you bring bug repellant. Those little suckers can get you if you don't watch out. Also, be sure to stop by Four Kids for Curlene's delicious Pea Soup if get a chance. I ate Curlene's home cooking for lunch every day and her food is as lovely as she is (pretty lovely).

I hope to make it back one day to Andros Kay. I wasn't able to find the blue holes (despite Mickey's awesome hand-drawn map) everyone talks about and Boston's Conch stand was under construction so there are still a couple sites I want to hit.

If you want to hang out on a quiet, beautiful beach with friendly people and aren't looking to spend a mint, go to the Seascape Inn. You won't regret it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Ray D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

Nothing could be nicer than a return trip to Seascape Inn. Everything about our stay with Joan and Mickey was somehow better and more wonderful than we could have anticipated. From the gorgeous breakfasts every morning (fresh fruit, amazing muffins and pastries) along with a cup of coffee, to a day full of blue sky, blue water, and coral sand beaches, to the evening's meal (along with heavenly desserts dreamed up by Mickey), we couldn't have been happier.

We kayaked, biked, explored, took a thousand pictures, made new friends with Dot & Magoo, Bernie and Bebe (I miss you Dot!). Rested in a hammock near the ocean and read a book. Explored the blue holes just a quick 200 yards from the shore.

No lines. No waiting. Seascape, hidden quietly among the palms of Mangrove Cay in Andros, is otherworldly.

If you want casino's, nightclubs and shopping galore, Nassau's your spot. Otherwise, it has to be Seascape.

BTW, the rock game and the ring game are musts at the Seascape's bar. But don't tell Mickey I told you so.

Room Tip: All the cabins have an oceanview. Do follow Joan's recommendation and bring some bug spray for...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coffeeismyfriend
Watonga, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary at Seascape Inn in July. We were the only guests and had a great time enjoying the beach and hospitality of Mickey and Joan. The breakfasts were great with fresh bread and fresh fruit. We had great food for lunch and dinner at the inn or at local establishments recommended by our hosts. We recommend Boston's Conch stand; Deanna's cafe, and Four Kids and a Bakery for dining out. The snorkeling was great with a local island and "blue holes" where there were lots of fish and small coral formations under the sea. Call early to get a reservation. The website was very helpful in preparing us for a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OklahomanTraveler
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

My wife thought I should be able to fish on one of our vacations because fishing is an important part of my life. She remembered I had mentioned Andros Island, but staying at an actual Bonefishing lodge is very expensive. She found The Seascape Inn and from that moment on, thats all I thought about! This place sounded very relaxed, non-committal, and there were other activities nearby so my wife had something to do while I fished.
Other than going on vacation with my wife, a major element of this trip was going to be my first trip to flyfish for bonefish. I researched and prepared for months and it was all worth it. I reserved a day with Capt. Mark Bastian and planned to fish on my own the other days.
There is a flat right in front of the beach that draws enough fish to keep one busy for days. I had no problem locating bonefish and barracuda to keep myself occuppied.
The day of my guided trip,Capt. Mark was able to hook me up with my first bonefish in short order and I then proceded to catch several more after that. I soon realized that all of the time I spent tying dozens of "fancy" bonefish flies, only one was needed......a size 4 Gotcha. (I was advised that this would be the only one I'd need prior to leaving)
We also snorkeled for the first time here because we had heard of the numerous blue holes. We purchased some good snorkeling equipment back home and brought it with.
I have to admit, I enjoyed the snorkeling more than the fishing! I live to fish, but this was incredible. The variety of fish, coral, sponges and other marine life was way beyond what I expected. Each day we went out to the blue hole, we saw other types of fish, rays, etc. Some of the species I can remember.........grunts, blue tangs, parrotfish in multiple stages, yellow snapper, bar jacks, cuberra snapper, mutton snapper, butterfly fish, cobia(huge), goliath grouper(huge!) blueheads, damselfish, stingrays, and many others. Most of the fish were an arms length away and easy to photograph. My wife picked up an inexpensive underwater case for our digital and it worked beautifully. It was easy to walk or swim from the resort out to the blue hole by the island.
Mickey and Joan are great hosts and have a wealth of knowledge of the area and the sea from their diving background. They have some great stories too..... ask them about waking up an angelfish, I still laugh out loud when thinking about that one.
They provided a very comfortable atmosphere throughout our stay. Our cabana was neat and clean, the Kaliks were always nice and cold and the meals were excellent. (I still have to see if Joan will give up that recipe for the crabcake sauce)
We did not venture away from the Inn too much......a couple of bike rides, conch stand etc.
I can't find anything to complain about............maybe a small fridge in the room so we could have some extra Kaliks/bottled water late at night??? That still won't stop us from going back. Peaceful, serene, exciting, breathtaking, wonderous, etc.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple