I went to Kamalame with a group of friends for a week in March and I could not have been more impressed. It was so nice to get away from the trappings of technology and spend time on the gorgeous island. The staff were very friendly and the accommodations were outstanding. The owners are a great couple and if you have the chance to meet them, it's a real treat. They were so generous and enhanced our stay.
I would recommend Kamalame to anyone in need of a vacation. It is private and secluded but you can still interact with other guests. The barbecue was delightful complete with bonfire and live music.
The beach is gorgeous and at high tide, you can kayak and paddleboard around the whole island. There are plenty of activities for just about anyone and the natural beauty of the island is worth the trip. The lack of outside distractions help one really appreciate all Kamalame has to offer--if you have the chance, GO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off the northeast coast of Andros, and accessible only by private ferry or seaplane, the secluded family-owned Bahamian island of Kamalame Cay caters to a comfortable group of guests at any given time. Idyllic and isolated, this oasis of breathtaking natural beauty wraps ocean adventure and island romance in the luxury of a private island experience.A quick flight from major hubs such as New York, Toronto and Miami, yet worlds away from Nassau’s trendy, resort-lined beaches, Kamalame’s utterly private accommodations are tucked into 96-acres of swaying palms and flowering tropical foliage. A lush oasis ringed by three miles of deserted, white-sand beach and colourful coral gardens, the warm, turquoise waters just off shore teem with manta ray, parrotfish and blue tangs.Kamalame Cay is an idyllic escape for those whose idea of paradise is a tropical hideaway where a sarong is all that’s required to be ‘dressed’ for dinner.Modern interpretations of classic Bahamian cuisine combined with sophisticated wines and spirits, comfortable elegant island décor, and one of the only overwater spas in the Caribbean underscore Kamalame’s gracious 'barefoot chic’ character.Traced by white sand pathways, the island’s beautifully landscaped jungle of sea grapes, palms and coco plums is banked by pristine mangrove fields and a pristine coast scattered with conch shells and starfish; the wide variety of birdlife ranges from sandpipers, herons and cranes to finches, pink ibis and pelicans.Sliced into the Silver Palms that embrace the island, the Great House serves as a welcoming social hub for dining and cocktails and is just a few steps from the heated, freshwater pool, sweeping ocean views and al fresco beach bar.With myriad diversions – from spa programs to world-class diving, snorkelling, fishing and sporting excursions – Kamalame takes pleasure in tailoring every guest’s experience to individual tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Kamalame Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamalame Cay Andros, Bahamas
- Kamalame Cay Hotel Andros