We just returned from 3 nights at this magnificent property and stayed in a Beach Suite. My husband went for the fly-fishing and I went to relax…and Kamalame Cay is one of the only places where fly-fishing and luxury will exceed your expectations. There aren't enough superlatives to describe it. After a 20 minute car transfer from Andros Airport, you aboard a small ferry and glide across the water for 5 minutes and arrive on Kamalame Cay. You don't feel like you're checking into a resort. Instead,entering an intimate community of individual cottages with tree lined paths,and beautiful landscapes and ocean breezes. Kamalame Cay is a great balance of high end service (but at a slower pace because you are on island time) yet relaxed atmosphere.
The barbecue on Saturday night ended up being our favorite night. Great people, phenomenal food, upbeat band and the candlelit dinner table on the beach created a romantic atmosphere.
Samsun, the bartender certainly knows how to make cocktails and even suggested his own "Samsun Special" which was one of my favorite cocktails to date.
The beach suites and cottages are laid out so you have a lot of privacy and waking up every morning to your own path to the beach is what made this property exceed our expectations. This is the perfect place to get away when you really want to slow things down and just enjoy the beauty and relaxation of a private island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off the northeast coast of Andros, and accessible only by private ferry or seaplane, the secluded family-owned Bahamian island of Kamalame Cay caters to a comfortable group of guests at any given time. Idyllic and isolated, this oasis of breathtaking natural beauty wraps ocean adventure and island romance in the luxury of a private island experience.A quick flight from major hubs such as New York, Toronto and Miami, yet worlds away from Nassau’s trendy, resort-lined beaches, Kamalame’s utterly private accommodations are tucked into 96-acres of swaying palms and flowering tropical foliage. A lush oasis ringed by three miles of deserted, white-sand beach and colourful coral gardens, the warm, turquoise waters just off shore teem with manta ray, parrotfish and blue tangs.Kamalame Cay is an idyllic escape for those whose idea of paradise is a tropical hideaway where a sarong is all that’s required to be ‘dressed’ for dinner.Modern interpretations of classic Bahamian cuisine combined with sophisticated wines and spirits, comfortable elegant island décor, and one of the only overwater spas in the Caribbean underscore Kamalame’s gracious 'barefoot chic’ character.Traced by white sand pathways, the island’s beautifully landscaped jungle of sea grapes, palms and coco plums is banked by pristine mangrove fields and a pristine coast scattered with conch shells and starfish; the wide variety of birdlife ranges from sandpipers, herons and cranes to finches, pink ibis and pelicans.Sliced into the Silver Palms that embrace the island, the Great House serves as a welcoming social hub for dining and cocktails and is just a few steps from the heated, freshwater pool, sweeping ocean views and al fresco beach bar.With myriad diversions – from spa programs to world-class diving, snorkelling, fishing and sporting excursions – Kamalame takes pleasure in tailoring every guest’s experience to individual tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Kamalame Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamalame Cay Andros, Bahamas
- Kamalame Cay Hotel Andros