Possibly one of the most perfect beach holidays of my life. Kamalame Cay is in a league of
The tranquil setting of the resort itself being its own private island already sets the stakes
quite high. The stripped back rustic feel of the luxurious villas, the 'open air' feel of
their layouts, the small personal touches of coral, conch shells and different books and
magazines scattered throughout really made you feel as if you were on your own private
holiday. 'Do not disturb' signs couldn't have been further from our minds. It was truly the
epitome of peace and quiet.
The hosts David and Michael made you feel like you were with old friends; they would
accompany you for a drink before dinner and just make you feel comfortable.
The 'Great Room' staff Patrice, Stephanie and Samson were absolutely fantastic. Their
service was impeccable.
The food was to die for and there were always enough options to choose from no matter
what time of day it was and no matter how you were feeling.
Spa time? Um. Yes. The treatments were NOT NORMAL, aka A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. The
treatments took place in a small wooden room outset from the beach on a pier over the
reef. A massage from either Stacey or Avon whilst looking at the reef underneath you was
Words really cannot describe how special this place is. If you want tranquility and beauty
then this is the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off the northeast coast of Andros, and accessible only by private ferry or seaplane, the secluded family-owned Bahamian island of Kamalame Cay caters to a comfortable group of guests at any given time. Idyllic and isolated, this oasis of breathtaking natural beauty wraps ocean adventure and island romance in the luxury of a private island experience.A quick flight from major hubs such as New York, Toronto and Miami, yet worlds away from Nassau’s trendy, resort-lined beaches, Kamalame’s utterly private accommodations are tucked into 96-acres of swaying palms and flowering tropical foliage. A lush oasis ringed by three miles of deserted, white-sand beach and colourful coral gardens, the warm, turquoise waters just off shore teem with manta ray, parrotfish and blue tangs.Kamalame Cay is an idyllic escape for those whose idea of paradise is a tropical hideaway where a sarong is all that’s required to be ‘dressed’ for dinner.Modern interpretations of classic Bahamian cuisine combined with sophisticated wines and spirits, comfortable elegant island décor, and one of the only overwater spas in the Caribbean underscore Kamalame’s gracious 'barefoot chic’ character.Traced by white sand pathways, the island’s beautifully landscaped jungle of sea grapes, palms and coco plums is banked by pristine mangrove fields and a pristine coast scattered with conch shells and starfish; the wide variety of birdlife ranges from sandpipers, herons and cranes to finches, pink ibis and pelicans.Sliced into the Silver Palms that embrace the island, the Great House serves as a welcoming social hub for dining and cocktails and is just a few steps from the heated, freshwater pool, sweeping ocean views and al fresco beach bar.With myriad diversions – from spa programs to world-class diving, snorkelling, fishing and sporting excursions – Kamalame takes pleasure in tailoring every guest’s experience to individual tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Kamalame Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamalame Cay Andros, Bahamas
- Kamalame Cay Hotel Andros