Kamalame Cay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$630
$227
$115
Swain's Cay Lodge(Andros)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat housebreakfast basketgolf cartprivate islandcottage suiteevery morningwater spafishafternoon cookiesfour seasonsbeach bungalowspa treatmentsother guestsrum punchglass floorheaven on earthfresh cookies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2011

After visiting many fine resorts I have found the ideal one, Kamalame Cay. This resort boast beauty, impeccable service and gourmet cuisine. The relaxed atmosphere along with the joviality of the staff made my vacation truly fun.
When planning my next visit here I will certainly make sure I spend more time!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I have mixed feelings writing this review. This is just such a wonderful place that I would hate it to get "discovered". But in the fairness to the ownership and excellent staff I guess I owe it to them and the fellow traveling world on who's reviews we rely.

If you're feeling stressed and want to get away from it all, this private island is for you. You will be detached both physically and mentally from 'your other life'. From elegant cottages just feet from the beach, to the hammocks that are everywhere you look, to the excellent food in the beautiful restaurant, to the empty beaches, to the spa that is in a building over the water (with a window looking down so you can see the water while getting your massage) -- well you get the idea. Bone Fishing is available for the guys who just can't sit on the beach and be pampered all the time.

Next time we go, we'll take the direct flights out of Ft Lauderdale. Flying through Nassau saved money but added a lot of time to the trip.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelytostayyoung
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Great snorkeling, very friendly team, fun hotel store, tasty food, loved the morning breakfast basket, sandy running path is wonderful at sunset, can't leave without a massage.

Room Tip: The beach cottage is a must
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I viewed several reviews after my wife and I booked our Kamalame Cay vacation this spring. The malcontents did not like the fact that for "so much money" they had to wait on them selves at the bar. Boo hoo. For unsophisticated travelers who are used to the "cruise ship" excess they are right. This is not the place for you, nor do I want you there when I am. What you have here are earnest people who discreetly take care of your every need. If you really want a drink made for you go to the main house, and they will gladly do so. If you prefer to spend your day on the beach, roll up to the beach bar, try something new of your own making, then knock yourself out. My wife and I appreciated the fact that we could be as engaged with the other guests and staff, or as distant and isolated as possible if that were our choice. But why would you? Each and everyone of the staff were the best we have encountered throughout the Caribbean. Our cottage was exactly what we were looking for, and the other guests we chose to engage with made our trip. Bottom-line - Cruise ship people do not come here! If you want privacy, romance, a chance to meet some other nice like-minded travelers from around the world, this is a good call.

Room Tip: Be as specific as you can as to what you want.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jandbmast
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This is one of the nicest resorts in the world. After a rustic drive through towns, you arrive at what is best called "Fantasy Island." They serve rum and punch when you step onto the ferry, and cookies when you leave. The only think missing is Ricardo Montebaum and Tattoo. You get your own gold cart (Sand Chariots) and no detail goes missing. What other resort had a full pier installed for the sole purpose of having you look down at the 30 feet of water under your table during a massage? And the best bone fishing in the world is outside your door, literally during high tide at 6:30 p.m. Compliments to the visionary Hew family.

Room Tip: As for pigeon plum or driftwood
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends